Hillary Clinton Wears $12,495 Armani Jacket During Speech About Inequality

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I admit, that's a pretty stupid move on her part. Shows some disconnect.....

But what am I supposed to do, vote for Trump now? LOL.

Sadly yes, have to go with the lesser of the evils, so Trump it is. :(

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
yeah, but the difference is that Hillary doesn't loudly claim that she wants to deport NS1.

If he's here illegally then that's a feature not a bug. I don't know what his background is and and I frankly don't care; the idea that being against illegal immigration makes you racist is not only stupid but extremely counterproductive for those who engage in it.

Here's an idea for you - if you want to stand up to real racists and help immigrants who truly need the assistance, then raise the immigration quotas so that law abiding people can immigrate and deport everyone you can who immigrated illegally. This isn't about you being bigoted against (fill in ethnic background here), it's about not fucking over people trying to come here the lawful way (like my parents in law).

Dannar26

Mar 13, 2012
I feel the knee-jerk desire to call out Hilary about this, but what politician do we have that comes off as a humble servant of the people? We need better checks and balances, especially for ego.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
I really don't see the issue. Is she supposed to dress in rags if she's talking about the poor? She's made good money in her lifetime, she can spend it on clothes if she wants.

openwheel

Platinum Member
Apr 30, 2012
It is funny reading boy's rant about cost of a woman's outfit.

Never had a woman in your life huh?

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
I feel the knee-jerk desire to call out Hilary about this, but what politician do we have that comes off as a humble servant of the people? We need better checks and balances, especially for ego.
I think "ego" is a prerequisite for anybody wanting to be president.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Yup, that's pretty stupid to wear a jacket that costs more than some folks make in a year. Not really thinking that all the way through, considering the topic of her speech.

Her suit is worth more than any car I have purchased in the last decade. That is simply unimaginable to me.

openwheel

Platinum Member
Apr 30, 2012
Her suit is worth more than any car I have purchased in the last decade. That is simply unimaginable to me.

Donald Trump says: "Don't be a loser and get a better job so you can buy yourself a real car".

Sorry couldn't resist.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
I really don't see the issue. Is she supposed to dress in rags if she's talking about the poor? She's made good money in her lifetime, she can spend it on clothes if she wants.

Dress in rags? It is 14 fucking grand. ANYBODY who would pay that for an article of clothing is a narcissistic douche. Hey look at me, look at me, please, please, look at me. She would do better to get cosmetic surgery or something to help with that skank face of hers... Four years of this monstrosity in the white house is gonna take a toll on me.

Last edited:

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Donald Trump says: "Don't be a loser and get a better job so you can buy yourself a real car".

Sorry couldn't resist.

Meh, I don't buy things as status symbols, I buy them for utility. Go figure...

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005

Of course she can spend it on clothes. It's her money and she can spends it however she wishes. However, if she spends $12k + on an ugly outfit and then proceeds to lecture everyone about the problem of wealth inequality and how she's going to fix it, it comes across as majorly hypocritical and disingenuous.

It is funny reading boy's rant about cost of a woman's outfit.

Never had a woman in your life huh?

The cost of the outfit in an of itself is not an issue, and whether she's a woman or not is irrelevant. The issue is the blatant hypocrisy of the combination of her spending that kind of money on an outfit while lecturing the rest of us on how we need her to fix wealth inequality.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Of course she can spend it on clothes. It's her money and she can spends it however she wishes. However, if she spends $12k + on an ugly outfit and then proceeds to lecture everyone about the problem of wealth inequality and how she's going to fix it, it comes across as majorly hypocritical and disingenuous.

The cost of the outfit in an of itself is not an issue, and whether she's a woman or not is irrelevant. The issue is the blatant hypocrisy of the combination of her spending that kind of money on an outfit while lecturing the rest of us on how we need her to fix wealth inequality.

Don't you realize that saying you're against something thus exempts you from being included in the targeted group you're obviously a part of?

resized_dwight-schrute.jpg

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

I don't think you know what the word "hypocrisy" means.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I don't think you know what the word "hypocrisy" means.

... and apparently you thought wrong then, because I'm very well aware of what it means.

hy·poc·ri·sy
həˈpäkrəsē/
noun
noun: hypocrisy; plural noun: hypocrisies
the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.
synonyms:dissimulation, false virtue, cant, posturing, affectation, speciousness, empty talk, insincerity, falseness, deceit, dishonesty, mendacity, pretense, duplicity

That's such a perfect summation of her, they should just go ahead and put a picture of her next to it :D

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
... and apparently you thought wrong then, because I'm very well aware of what it means.

That's such a perfect summation of her, they should just go ahead and put a picture of her next to it :D

Yes and in order for her to be a hypocrite she would have to be against people being rich. She isn't, she is for helping people become richer. So no hypocrisy found.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/plan-raise-american-incomes/

Your dishonest framing of her positions may work on other forums and right wing websites when trying to justify your opinion, but it's a bullshit justification and you've been called out on it.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
Yes and in order for her to be a hypocrite she would have to be against people being rich. She isn't, she is for helping people become richer. So no hypocrisy found.

Your dishonest framing of her positions may work on other forums and right wing websites when trying to justify your opinion, but it's a bullshit justification and you've been called out on it.
He gone. His cake is done baked.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005

What complete and utter drivel. She is busy lecturing everyone about how she is going to fix wealth inequality and how bad it is. It's like when she lectures us about the wealthy not paying their fair share, then turns around and uses every loophole known to man to avoid paying her "fair share". Typical hypocrite.

And please, linking to hildebeast website isn't particularly useful, zero credibility there. Just lies, lies and more lies.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
[/URL]

What complete and utter drivel. She is busy lecturing everyone about how she is going to fix wealth inequality and how bad it is. It's like when she lectures us about the wealthy not paying their fair share, then turns around and uses every loophole known to man to avoid paying her "fair share". Typical hypocrite.

And please, linking to hildebeast website isn't particularly useful, zero credibility there. Just lies, lies and more lies.

Wealth inequality is an issue because corporate profits are so high while the wages of workers has been stagnant and peoples chances for upward mobility has also been more difficult, specifically for the low wage workers.

I don't expect you to get this because it's a point you can't argue against and spin. So congrats on distorting her policies, your bubble has been maintained.

Btw, the link to her page wasn't to give her credibility it was to show you how you distorted her position but you were too fucking stupid to get it.

Last edited: