Hey guys... we got our own cryptocurrency now!

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I created a new cryptocurrency called ATOTcoin, which is based off Ethereum. I felt jealous that Reddit has their own crypto tipping system, so I decided to make my own cryptocurrency to award cool posts made here and on other tech forums.

I'm still debating what the ATOT should stand for... Awesome Trolls Of Tech, perhaps?

I'm not totally sure what this stuff is for yet, but I was hoping that people would collect it and hand it out as a reward for extra cool posts.

It's (currently) free, so PM me your Ethereum address if you would like some. If you don't have an Ethereum address, you can create a wallet using a tool like Metamask.

We have some savvy cryptocurrency traders here, so who knows... this stuff might even have cash value someday. I doubt it, but then I said the same thing about Dogecoin.

UPDATE: This currency was replaced with Coolcoin. You can learn more about it here:

https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/official-you-know-you-want-some-of-this-confirmed.2543935/

Last edited:
Reactions: T_Yamamoto

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Can this be the official coin?

K45Etew.png

Reactions: Cappuccino

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
That is awesome man, but can you PM me some ATOT coin? I want to use them to rent some streamed RAM. I'm running low these days.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
That is awesome man, but can you PM me some ATOT coin? I want to use them to rent some streamed RAM. I'm running low these days.

For you, Zin? Sure. You gotta change your logo over to one of our fine ATOTcoin logos for a week, though. Special deal, just for you!

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Nice, they didn't even spell Scrypt correctly. :D Unless their algorithm actually is some generic script.

Doesn't matter, there's a 30% discount if you buy now! Moving to Hot Deals :D

Reactions: Crono

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
Doesn't matter, there's a 30% discount if you buy now! Moving to Hot Deals :D

Hey, I didn't say I wasn't buying it. Gonna repurpose some ASICs to mine it, too. Then all you mother-neffers will have to get NEF from me, future NEF King.

Reactions: Kaido

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I might have to mine some, but I kinda don't want to stop mining real ethereum. :p I've been watching GPU prices but they arn't really going down. I kinda want to complete my 8 card rig but not at these prices. I still need to crimp all the wiring harnesses as well.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
You can't "mine" Coolcoins or Atotcoin (it's unoffical predecessor), because it's an "ERC20" Ethereum contract coin. They can only be issued by the owner of the Ethereum contract, who's me!

Amusingly, VeChain (The crypto that Zeze currently likes) is the same kind of token. Think about that for a second... the biggest difference between the (basically worthless) Atotcoin and VeChain (currently trading at $5 each) is some clever marketing and a few technology partnership agreements. :)

I have an pretty strict agreement with the guys who run this forum about who can and cannot get a Coolcoin, but Atotcoin is basically a unused token looking for purpose right now. Hell... I can't even really figure out what the "Atot" in Atotcoin stands for, because it's not allowed to have anything to do with this forum. Some of my favorites that I've heard so far are the "Awesome TOT Coin" or "Awesome Trolls Of Technology Coin" :) If you have suggestions, go post them in /r/atotcoin on Reddit.

But, hey.... if you really want some Atotcoin for some odd reason, just send me a PM on Reddit and I'll give you a bunch of it. I'm not going to promote it here anymore, since the guys who run this forum decided to go with Coolcoin instead.

Last edited:

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
Could you explain why someone would want an eth-contract coin?

I just like that my doge coins worth nothing in 2014 are worth $300

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Heh... I guess that you could e-mail me instead. I just want to make sure that everyone knows that Atotcoin has nothing to do with this place, so I don't want people PM'ing me here if they want some of it.