Here is how controlling the post office can steal the election

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Wondered about this so did a quick search. This is a list of the rules for every state on the deadline for counting the ballots. Postmark date vs arrival date. The list shows the overwhelming majority of states require the ballot to arrive by election day. If Trump's new Postmaster General can delay the mail by a few days that could swing the results. His new tool is already slowing down the mail in many locations.

The last Democratic primary broke records for vote by mail. Also everyone knows Democrats take COVID seriously vs Republicans so for safety Dems more likely to vote by mail, where Trump is urging his people to vote in person.

Last edited:

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
we do mail for everyone. Its great. i get an email when my ballot is sent, and an email when it gets received. 24 hr drop boxes in parks and such. i just drop it off, vs. mailing it back in.

Reactions: jman19 and Ken g6

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
All the more reason to mail in your vote early.

Yeah, given all the attention most people aren't likely to wait until the last minute. Every time Trump talks about this it generates hours of coverage about how voting actually works and what the issues are this year given the pandemic. If you didn't want to draw attention to your potential sabotage a smart person wouldn't point it out constantly.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Yeah, given all the attention most people aren't likely to wait until the last minute. Every time Trump talks about this it generates hours of coverage about how voting actually works and what the issues are this year given the pandemic. If you didn't want to draw attention to your potential sabotage a smart person wouldn't point it out constantly.

It's gotten to the point where the Repubs, given Trump's habit of blabbing his intentions in order to take credit for them have given up trying to be sneaky and have resorted to being blatantly obvious about how they want to rig the vote. It's either that or lose.

Biden should make it clear, plain and at every opportunity possible warn the Dem constituency about those shenanigans the Repubs are pulling to cheat their way to victory.

The Repub rank and file have been silent about all of what's been going on in this regard, meaning, they all agree that if cheating is the path to victory, they'll not hesitate to approve any ploy their party leadership comes up with. Getting caught is more than OK, to them it's simply the cost they pay for keeping power. No disgrace, no humiliation getting caught. Martyrdom awaits the criminal who gets thrown in jail. Roger Stone has risen as a true and heroic Repub taking one for the party.

The biggest thing going for the Dems is Trump himself. He always seems to muck things up for the Repubs and their plans for getting him reelected.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Where is Biden is all of this? House democrats? I haven't heard from anyone, but Donald. There should be an uproar. There isn't one, because dems are soft.

Biden should be out there denouncing EVERYTHING Donald says. They let Hitler run loose, and look at what happened to Germany.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Where is Biden is all of this? House democrats? I haven't heard from anyone, but Donald. There should be an uproar. There isn't one, because dems are soft.

Biden should be out there denouncing EVERYTHING Donald says. They let Hitler run loose, and look at what happened to Germany.

Why ask us? Google is your friend.

Edit- I forgot. You're mostly here to tear down the Democrats, right? I'll include a link-

Last edited:

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
How early do advance polls open in the US? 2 weeks before Election Day here in Canada normally. Crowds far less busy. And why not organize it so that certain neighbourhood vote certain days to limit crowds?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
How early do advance polls open in the US? 2 weeks before Election Day here in Canada normally. Crowds far less busy. And why not organize it so that certain neighbourhood vote certain days to limit crowds?

It all varies according to state law.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012

Trump can also claim that he has the authority to be a “My Little Pony” for the day. He can claim most anything. In other words, Trump is free to sign a document saying “I don’t like this”

His classic “we’ll see what happens” Trump-trope to allow himself a bit of wiggle room for the eventual back-pedal.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
How is the Mail in voting working in New York?

After primary night in New York, June 23, Democratic Rep. Carolyn Maloney held a 648 vote lead over progressive challenger Suraj Patel. Almost a month later the winner in the 12th District, which covers eastern Manhattan and parts of Brooklyn and Queens, remains unknown.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

After primary night in New York, June 23, Democratic Rep. Carolyn Maloney held a 648 vote lead over progressive challenger Suraj Patel. Almost a month later the winner in the 12th District, which covers eastern Manhattan and parts of Brooklyn and Queens, remains unknown.

So what? One race out of thousands isn't much to point to. Here's an article everybody can read-

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
If this election turns out as nasty free for all muck up cheato, sabotage scandalous as feared we're gonna have nationwide insurrection that will make the BLM/George Floyd uprising look like little more than a dress rehearsal. I'm tellin' ya, the place will burn.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

We don't if the mail in votes caused this. This is an poinion piece not results of an investigation. There were plenty of primaries that were screwed up that had nothing to do with mail in ballots.

Why do Republicans constantly try to suppress the vote with bullshit claims that ultimately are proven false?

Oh this is why...

Reactions: ch33zw1z

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
If this election turns out as nasty free for all muck up cheato, sabotage scandalous as feared we're gonna have nationwide insurrection that will make the BLM/George Floyd uprising look like little more than a dress rehearsal. I'm tellin' ya, the place will burn.

I'm pretty sure that's the plan. How else would Putin destroy America?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I like how trump, the chief executive, thinks the post office is doing a horrible job. Its as if he doesn't know and doesn't care how government works.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I like how trump, the chief executive, thinks the post office is doing a horrible job. Its as if he doesn't know and doesn't care how government works.
No, he does NOT know how government works and he's never had any intention of finding out... too much like work.

Trump appointed a man who contributed to his campaign $1.5 million to be his postmaster general. They've been attempting to destroy the USPS. I see this as the central assault in Trump's attempt to avoid losing the election. This could get extremely nasty and I think that's a huge understatement. Trump claiming that there will be the worst instance of voter fraud in the history of the universe in November because of mail in ballots is a huge red flag. Nobody... NOBODY else is saying that, just Trump. However it's become clear that he's preparing to double down on this and I do not expect him to refrain from using whatever means he can muster to fuck with mail in balloting. And look... this election will be very much about MIB. It's not as if the nation is ready for that. Those programs are in the control of the individual states and most are NOT ready for it. Add in Trump's MAJOR interference, whatever he can find, and you have a recipe for one big stinking mess that will make the Florida chads look like a kindergarten exercise.

Last edited:

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
all i know is that i bought something on ebay three weeks ago, it was put in the mail thursday two and a half weeks ago, was supposed to be delivered monday two weeks ago, and tracking hasn't been updated from the "your shit is delayed and in transit to the next facility" entry from two weeks ago. i went to the post office last week and they said it's still in california. the post office hasn't been this late on other shit during coronatime so i'm blaming the new chucklefuck in charge.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Wondered about this so did a quick search. This is a list of the rules for every state on the deadline for counting the ballots. Postmark date vs arrival date. The list shows the overwhelming majority of states require the ballot to arrive by election day. If Trump's new Postmaster General can delay the mail by a few days that could swing the results. His new tool is already slowing down the mail in many locations.

The last Democratic primary broke records for vote by mail. Also everyone knows Democrats take COVID seriously vs Republicans so for safety Dems more likely to vote by mail, where Trump is urging his people to vote in person.

I've voted by mail in a few states. Postmark date was the one that counted.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I've voted by mail in a few states. Postmark date was the one that counted.
Very dependent on state law. Look at the table that is linked in the first page. In my (very blue) state the MIB must be RECEIVED on or before the polls close on election day. Postmark is irrelevant.

Reactions: Ken g6

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

Trump can also claim that he has the authority to be a “My Little Pony” for the day. He can claim most anything. In other words, Trump is free to sign a document saying “I don’t like this”

His classic “we’ll see what happens” Trump-trope to allow himself a bit of wiggle room for the eventual back-pedal.

I don't share your attitude. Trump throws that shit out as a precursor to actually doing it. To imagine that it will be ignored completely, whatever the order might say, or that it won't be effective because it is unconstitutional is missing huge danger for further degrading our democracy.