Here is how controlling the post office can steal the election

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 11, 2004
Reactions: DarthKyrie

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
So we seem to have two issues now.

1) In Miami-Dade, the USPS failed to deliver a heap of blank ballots to voters.

2) In Texas, the USPS is refusing to deliver completed ballots to elections offices to be counted.

Correct?

• Wow
Reactions: DarthKyrie

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Fear monger often? Sleepy Joe is gonna kick Trump's ass so hard that there will be no room to play games about it. Unless Trump can come up with something like parting the Red Sea, which seems extremely unlikely.

Heh....

When in truth it is a close election where Trump "won" on election night, but mail in ballots are slowly counted and Biden is (probably) going to win.

The Red Mirage is a fascinating trigger where Republicans will tell their people to not trust in our Democratic institutions. It'll be their turn to "burn this place down" likely inciting acts of stochastic terrorism over a stolen election. And we know Trump will never go down quietly. Meanwhile, cities will still face riots and burning whenever police officers defend themselves, even from weapons. There will still be protestors and counter protestors ramping up violence on our streets.

America's dark days are still ahead.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
also, by the time the post office's site had updated to inform me that my package had come back here for attempted delivery, it had already failed delivery and been processed for return to sender, so, yay?
since y'all were all waiting on the edges of your seat for the last year, the last time my poor little lens was seen was a scan on october 27, 2020. i assume it eventually found its way to the USPS lost but never found packages facility in atlanta, having lost its shipping label.

last week i finally got around to rebuying another copy of that cute little panasonic lens and GUESS WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON! I'M IN HOUSTON WHY DID IT GET SENT TO DALLAS

2021-11-24_00-03-56.png

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
since y'all were all waiting on the edges of your seat for the last year, the last time my poor little lens was seen was a scan on october 27, 2020. i assume it eventually found its way to the USPS lost but never found packages facility in atlanta, having lost its shipping label.

last week i finally got around to rebuying another copy of that cute little panasonic lens and GUESS WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON! I'M IN HOUSTON WHY DID IT GET SENT TO DALLAS

View attachment 53303
I had an order of merchandise that never got to me around May 2020 off Ebay. The USPS tracking for it had it delivered to some small town I'd never heard of in my state (CA), somewhere really far from me, no conceivable explanation and no idea who received it. I was refunded but had to order a similar item (inferior deal, but what could I do?) from another party. Meantime, much water under the bridge.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
last friday i got the delivered! notification from the post office and ebay. got back into town from thanksgiving, checked my box, and nothing in it. no card, no package locker key.

talked to a postal employee and explained that they probably put the locker key in the wrong box. he took my tracking print out and disappeared for a few minutes.

upon returning he had his own print out and explained that it was delivered to my box. no shit. that's exactly what the public facing tracking said. i asked if he'd gone around behind the boxes to see if there was a key in an adjacent box and he replied that he was too busy to do that.

so at this point i have to hope that someone finds the key in their box in the next week, sees that the package is supposed to be for a different box, and take it up to the counter.

:rage:

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
last friday i got the delivered! notification from the post office and ebay. got back into town from thanksgiving, checked my box, and nothing in it. no card, no package locker key.

talked to a postal employee and explained that they probably put the locker key in the wrong box. he took my tracking print out and disappeared for a few minutes.

upon returning he had his own print out and explained that it was delivered to my box. no shit. that's exactly what the public facing tracking said. i asked if he'd gone around behind the boxes to see if there was a key in an adjacent box and he replied that he was too busy to do that.

so at this point i have to hope that someone finds the key in their box in the next week, sees that the package is supposed to be for a different box, and take it up to the counter.

:rage:
Saw this and thought of you.
d9mWs5Q.jpg

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
update:
finally got a helpful postal employee who looked in the package lockers (totally lucked out, she was about to start putting packages in them anyway), and when it wasn't in there she went around behind the boxes and found it stuck in another box. my year long quest to get this lens is over!

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Saw this and thought of you.
d9mWs5Q.jpg
Hell, it's so bad, that scammers are taking up the slack. I just got a "hey we couldn't deliver, but if you click of this email we can get it to you" that has nothing USPS, UPS, or FEDEX in the address. Checked for this scam online. It's a hot thing.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Hell, it's so bad, that scammers are taking up the slack. I just got a "hey we couldn't deliver, but if you click of this email we can get it to you" that has nothing USPS, UPS, or FEDEX in the address. Checked for this scam online. It's a hot thing.
If it looks too weird to be for real it's probably a scam. Fortunately, the great majority of scam stuff is like that. Saves me time.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
update:
finally got a helpful postal employee who looked in the package lockers (totally lucked out, she was about to start putting packages in them anyway), and when it wasn't in there she went around behind the boxes and found it stuck in another box. my year long quest to get this lens is over!
It's been sitting there for a year??

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
It's been sitting there for a year??
I sent a large check to my insurance agent and he got it around a year later, said it looked like the envelope had been chewed by a dog. I think maybe it got stuck in the mailbox door mechanism, I had him send it back to me.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
so how long were you waiting for this 2nd lensman?
should have been delivered thanksgiving monday, received tuesday, so 15 days.

So this is the part where you get another lens delivered in a day or two, and the one discovered yesterday was the original one, and has been sitting there for a year.
first lens was lost upon attempted delivery to my office, the seller hadn't put the suite number on the package somehow. i tried to have it held to the post office which may have helped fuck everything up, as it had already gone back up to the airport at that point.

Reactions: [DHT]Osiris