Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine? Thread.

Page 107 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
For those getting the new booster that covers the variants, is it kicking your ass the next day?
Moderna has beat me down pretty good the next day on all but the first shot. Both boosters had me sleep most of the next day away.
Sore arm at the injection site only. Only the first booster kicked my butt all over the place and everything since has been smooth sailing.

Reactions: Muse

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Sore arm at the injection site only. Only the first booster kicked my butt all over the place and everything since has been smooth sailing.
Same here except even the first was no big deal. I'm 48 hours after 5th Moderna shot and a little arm soreness is all I'm feeling. Gonna skate 10 miles starting in 2 hours (takes me ~75 minutes give or take 5-6). I fear not the vaccines! ;) Modern medicine has saved my butt a few times. This time next year I'm hoping the nasal vaccines will be rolling out or close to it. FTW!

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Are they still recommending that you drink plenty of water after you get your shot to flush out the toxins? When I got my first two shots that's what I was told. I'm wondering if that would help some of you having side effects?

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Just got mine during my annual physical. It is already hurting. I thought my right arm was going to hurt first because that's where I got my 3rd and thankfully final Shingrix shot in that arm, and the last time it was that shot that really hurt. Not planning on much tomorrow.
Oops, silly me. It turns out that wasn't a COVID booster, it was the high dose senior flu vaccine I got. Big patch of pink about an inch below the injection site. So I guess I have to schedule for the COVID booster. Kaiser's kind of pissing be off right now, because I can't get a return phone visit scheduled that my doctor ordered and they have this long message about only accepting older patients for scheduling the COVID booster. They also have a couple phantom looking appointments on their website. So I tried calling. 14 minute waits. I'll try later.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I have my bivalent and flu shot scheduled for tomorrow. Up to this point I've had 3 Pfizer shots (2 initial and 1 booster). It's almost been a year since I've gotten a shot. Time sure flies when you get older. I'm a bit nervous since this is the first time with Moderna plus I haven't had a flu shot in forever. I also sleep on my side so little to no sleep for me tomorrow night. I plan to drink a bunch of water after getting stuck so hopefully it will help again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captante

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
going in a few minutes for the updated 5th shot and flu shot. I have had 3 moderna and a phazers on stun, going in for phazers on kill.

EDIT: I got a Moderna shot. The rite aid website did not offer it but they did have it.

Last edited:

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
I've been trying for more than a month with Kaiser.
No luck in getting an appointment.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
i got my 2nd booster some weeks ago and just had a sore arm for a day. but i didn't have strong reactions to any of the shots, so YMMV

Reactions: balloonshark

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
I got my bivalent shot probably close to a month ago now. I jumped on it since I was going on a long flight. I got my flu shot at the same time which in retrospect was probably a mistake since both arms were super sore the first night so I slept quite badly as I didn't have a 'good side' to lie on.

Pretty much the same story as all the 2..n shots for me. Roughly 12 hours after the shot I had chills, body aches and exhaustion that lasted for probably 12+ hours. And then maybe 2 weeks of fairly frequent mild headaches.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Husband and I got our 5th Moderna shot. Sore arm for a couple of days, but that's all. Hopefully it will keep us well protected through 2,000 mile car trips and family visits for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Reactions: Brainonska511

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Oops, silly me. It turns out that wasn't a COVID booster, it was the high dose senior flu vaccine I got. Big patch of pink about an inch below the injection site. So I guess I have to schedule for the COVID booster. Kaiser's kind of pissing be off right now, because I can't get a return phone visit scheduled that my doctor ordered and they have this long message about only accepting older patients for scheduling the COVID booster. They also have a couple phantom looking appointments on their website. So I tried calling. 14 minute waits. I'll try later.
Got my 3rd Covid booster about 2 weeks ago.

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
I've been trying for more than a month with Kaiser.
No luck in getting an appointment.
Kaiser in my area has a bunch of open appointments (SoCal). I could basically make an appointment the night before for the next day.

Reactions: esquared

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
I just went to CVS. There were lots of walk in clinics around here but that had a random wait time. It was poorly advertised but CVS allowed you to schedule times. Again, I was going on a cross country flight otherwise I wouldn't have had a fire under my ass about it.

Saylick

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2012
Had my 4th Pfizer shot on Sunday along with a flu shot, which resulted in some fatigue and cold sweats the following morning. Popped some Advil and was fine by Monday night. My wireless browsing speed is now doubled. 10/10, would do again.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
I'm a little beat but I have been working outside in the rain most of the day too.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I ended up with Covid mid September and haven’t gotten around to getting my booster yet. Gotta sign up!

Feb 4, 2009
Update:
Bi-Variant Friday morning kicked my ass less than the previous version. I was sore starting Friday afternoon until Saturday night. I was tired during that time too. This didn’t prevent me from getting stuff done, which is better than the previous version.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
I got my initial vaccine, but it made me very very sick. No boosters. Ive had COVID and would rather experience that than what I experienced with the vax. I work 100% at home, and rarely go out, so my risk is pretty low.

edit: Im not an anti-vaxxer. I get flu done every year, and I have about 10 countries stamped in my passport so have been vaxxed for just about everything. But the COVID vaccine kicked my ass.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
I got my initial vaccine, but it made me very very sick. No boosters. Ive had COVID and would rather experience that than what I experienced with the vax. I work 100% at home, and rarely go out, so my risk is pretty low.

edit: Im not an anti-vaxxer. I get flu done every year, and I have about 10 countries stamped in my passport so have been vaxxed for just about everything. But the COVID vaccine kicked my ass.

COVID can actually kill you. the vax will not, because it's not a virus.

and if you got the covid vax first, chances are it did its job in saving your ass.