Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine? Thread.

Page 99 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
My family is vaccinated and boosted, team Pfizer. Not really seeing the need to get boosted a 2nd time until Pfizer updates the vaccine. Willing to have my mind changed with data that supports a 2nd booster.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
My family is vaccinated and boosted, team Pfizer. Not really seeing the need to get boosted a 2nd time until Pfizer updates the vaccine. Willing to have my mind changed with data that supports a 2nd booster.
We're boosted times 2. Being older and eligible for boosters when first available, we were 7 months between first and second booster, thus chose to get go ahead vs. wait for reformulated version.

All are Pfizer.

Reactions: Brovane

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
Anyone know about the 2nd booster. Want to make sure I'm fully protected before the Summer play begins.

Edit: Just googled it.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Got my Moderna booster #2. Arm was sore for a couple of days and felt a little washed out. No biggie.

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
I haven't got my 2nd booster shot yet. Was hoping the new modified vaccine in development by both Moderna and Pfizer will be available soon. From what I am reading, the new vaccine is supposed to be more effective against the omicron variant.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Got my Moderna booster #2. Arm was sore for a couple of days and felt a little washed out. No biggie.
The morning after my Pfizer Booster #2 I reached for a coffee mug in the cabinet and noticed my arm was a little sore, then I remembered I got the booster in that arm the day before. Otherwise, felt 100%

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Got the first booster late last year. Waiting for one that's more effective vs Omicron. If it doesn't show up by early fall, I'll get the 2nd booster.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Numbers are also climbing here. I would get a 2nd booster if I could get to the doctor.

My fridge died Friday and one of the delivery guys was coughing and snorting. Overheard him say it was his allergies. Let's hope so if not someone can claim my stuff. :innocent:

Reactions: hal2kilo

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Fully vaxxed, and double boosted. All Pfizer. Nothing worse than being sleepy for ~24hrs, mild aches. Kind of like the feeling you get when you're almost recovered from a good cold/flu. Almost a good feeling TBH.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Fully vaxxed, and double boosted. All Pfizer. Nothing worse than being sleepy for ~24hrs, mild aches. Kind of like the feeling you get when you're almost recovered from a good cold/flu. Almost a good feeling TBH.
I'm also a member of the Pfizer FVDB club.

Reactions: Pens1566

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
I'm also a member of the Pfizer FVDB club.

TBH, I think my entire extended family (minus the kids that aren't approved yet) are in the same boat. No reactions any worse than mild nausea with one (out of 4) shots for one person.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Got second Moderna booster yesterday. Trying to be prepared for the summer upswing in cases predicted for the southern states. Arm is a little sore to the touch today but that's all. Same for husband.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
TBH, I think my entire extended family (minus the kids that aren't approved yet) are in the same boat. No reactions any worse than mild nausea with one (out of 4) shots for one person.
I had forgotten I got the vaccine the day before and did my walk and mowed the lawn (1 1/2 hours). It wasn't until I took my shower that I ran across the injection site with band aid still on, and went ow!

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
NC Governor gives a day of vacation for eligible state employees that get their booster shot.

A Democrat. I was wondering how this happened. How does NC lean politically?

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
There is a deep red stain in the rural areas.

The weirdest thing to me is how deep red many black majority towns are along the eastern shore and low country in NC/SC. Many sons and daughters and grandchildren of former sharecroppers and other hardy folk who've been Republicans since emancipation, remember when Democrats used to wear white robes, and somehow missed the whole Civil Rights/Southern Strategy pole shift.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
The weirdest thing to me is how deep red many black majority towns are along the eastern shore and low country in NC/SC. Many sons and daughters and grandchildren of former sharecroppers and other hardy folk who've been Republicans since emancipation, remember when Democrats used to wear white robes, and somehow missed the whole Civil Rights/Southern Strategy pole shift.
It is simply beyond comprehension how any person of color, or any woman can support that racist, misogynist stain on society.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
This is not encouraging

Data shows vaccinated U.S. citizens made up more than 40% of COVID-19 deaths during omicron peak, as deaths continue to rise in Wisconsin (yahoo.com)

A few key points:

"A pandemic of — and by — the unvaccinated is not correct. People still need to take care in terms of prevention and action if they became symptomatic," he added.

and

The vast majority of vaccinated deaths are among people who did not get a booster shot, according to state data provided to the Post. Health officials say this is all the more reason to get a booster dose.

And finally:

Data still shows that the unvaccinated are more likely to suffer severe illness or death compared to the vaccinated, but it is clear that vaccinated people made up a significant portion of recent COVID deaths.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Thinking seriously about getting the second booster. Have the workforce at my job is out with the Rona. It's just a matter of time before I get it. Thankfully all the cases are very mild as everyone is vaxxed. The office made it mandatory.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
This is not encouraging

Data shows vaccinated U.S. citizens made up more than 40% of COVID-19 deaths during omicron peak, as deaths continue to rise in Wisconsin (yahoo.com)

A few key points:

"A pandemic of — and by — the unvaccinated is not correct. People still need to take care in terms of prevention and action if they became symptomatic," he added.

and

The vast majority of vaccinated deaths are among people who did not get a booster shot, according to state data provided to the Post. Health officials say this is all the more reason to get a booster dose.

And finally:

Data still shows that the unvaccinated are more likely to suffer severe illness or death compared to the vaccinated, but it is clear that vaccinated people made up a significant portion of recent COVID deaths.

Base rate fallacy

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
It has been clear for quite some time that with Omicron and its subvariants you're going to want at least the 1st booster. If you are older and/or have medical conditions the 2nd too.

A multivalent vaccine will probably be available in the fall.

Reactions: Lezunto