Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine? Thread.

Page 27 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
And you think wearing your "I'm a selfish asshole" t-shirt doesn't make you part of the fucking problem. Fuck off troll
Yes i am part of the problem. I am not denying that. However my body my choice is the way I live and the way i want everyone else to be able to live.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Just checking in to mention it's day 3 after the vaccination and I _still_ can't tell the difference between the side-effects of the vaccine and the ways I already felt crap before I got it. Notably my arm is not hurting. Which makes me worry whether they didn't do the jabbing correctly.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Yes i am part of the problem. I am not denying that. However my body my choice is the way I live and the way i want everyone else to be able to live.

The whole point though is that not everyone can live as you do - in not getting vaccinated you are being a 'free rider', and relying on everyone else doing what you aren't prepared to do.

I admit I was a bit anxious about the vaccine. The way I see it, given the health issues I've already had, if there was any chance of the vaccine triggering something nasty, it would probably happen to me (plus I'm just unlucky that way).
But (a) If I don't get it I will never feel able to be in the same room as my elderly relatives ever again, (b) I don't think I could cope with COVID if I were to get it, psychologically if not physically, and (c) it's clearly necessary for as many people as possible to get the vaccine if there's to be any hope of society and the economy starting to function again. Very occasionally in life you have to do things for the greater good.

Reactions: MtnMan

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003

Then do everyone else a favor ... stay in your little hole.

What you REALLY are is a coward. To the core.

franklinpjones1-2x.jpg

Reactions: MtnMan and hal2kilo
Feb 4, 2009
Had my first good feeling regarding being 13 days post first moderna shot.
I was getting some pet supplies and I had to use my debit card thus touch the keypad.
I was able to do it without fear and the kid nearby with the sniffles didn’t disturb me either. Feels good to know I have good protection at this point and not have to stress about normal activities.

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
Got my first dose of pfizer on the 27th and should be getting the 2nd dose on the 20th. Felt a bit drowsy and went to bed when I first got the shot. Woke up feeling groggy but after about an hour I felt fine. Just a little sore at the injection site.

Reactions: Captante

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Moderna shot one today. Was organized by the CDC, the national guard were on sense to help and the entire process was smooth. It was 100% drive through and a line of at least 2 miles took approximately 2 hours. I was very impressed

Reactions: Captante and Muse

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
It's not the way you live, it's the way you pretend to be living. It's an attitude you cop, but it doesn't wash. It doesn't make sense. For instance, if you have ebola, is it OK for you to go to a crowded party and give everybody your disease and have 1/2 the people die? Your body your choice my fucking ass. Get over yourself or die a complete fool

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
It's not the way you live, it's the way you pretend to be living. It's an attitude you cop, but it doesn't wash. It doesn't make sense. For instance, if you have ebola, is it OK for you to go to a crowded party and give everybody your disease and have 1/2 the people die? Your body your choice my fucking ass. Get over yourself or die a complete fool
I would never say I'll skip the vaccine if death rate is 50%, that is basically flipping a coin and i like to lose . We're talking about a virus that got death rate of 1% and possible lower amount than that as not everyone that gotten virus been tested. In reality the death rate is probably around 0.5-0.7 and younger you're, less likely one to die. As i mentioned before, i am taking calculated risk for myself. Yes i am making that decision for others that haven''t been vaccinated and for those that will never be able to get vaccinated. I am sure i will eventually die but it's unlikely to be from Covid.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
By extension.. you dick your choice too. I mean it must follow right? You run around sticking your dick in people that dont want it either?

Ok ok ... But say you had an STD? Right? Would you warn your partner that you are HIV positive before sticking it in?

Ok ok ... But say ... arh fuck it, this is going nowhere.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
I would never say I'll skip the vaccine if death rate is 50%, that is basically flipping a coin and i like to lose . We're talking about a virus that got death rate of 1% and possible lower amount than that as not everyone that gotten virus been tested. In reality the death rate is probably around 0.5-0.7 and younger you're, less likely one to die. As I mentioned before, i am taking calculated risk for myself. Yes I am making that decision for others that haven't been vaccinated and for those that will never be able to get vaccinated. I am sure i will eventually die but it's unlikely to be from Covid.
No one should look at the risk of death from Covid as a single number. The risk goes up drastically the older you are. 80% of all deaths are people 65 years of age or older. The numbers really drop off below 50 years old. I assume you are in a bracket that isn't at risk? Do you wear a mask in public?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I would never say I'll skip the vaccine if death rate is 50%, that is basically flipping a coin and i like to lose . We're talking about a virus that got death rate of 1% and possible lower amount than that as not everyone that gotten virus been tested. In reality the death rate is probably around 0.5-0.7 and younger you're, less likely one to die. As i mentioned before, i am taking calculated risk for myself. Yes i am making that decision for others that haven''t been vaccinated and for those that will never be able to get vaccinated. I am sure i will eventually die but it's unlikely to be from Covid.
As has been stated over and over and over and over again, the main reason so many Americans are dying relative to other countries is they're too fucking stupid and arrogant to follow all the advice medical science has offered up over the last year.
Sweden too.
Most developed nations have considerably lower infection and death rates. Also universal health care seems to help a hell of a lot better than the Thunderdome policy America prefers.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003

You have it wrong ... at this point nobody around here will be too upset if YOU die. (frankly I think it would be appropriate after the crap you've been posting)

The issue is the innocent at-risk people you potentially infect. (you know ... the ones who don't deserve it unlike you?)

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
No one should look at the risk of death from Covid as a single number. The risk goes up drastically the older you are. 80% of all deaths are people 65 years of age or older. The numbers really drop off below 50 years old. I assume you are in a bracket that isn't at risk? Do you wear a mask in public?

I am 39 years old. I wear mask in any place inside that requires it. However i do not while i am outside.

Reactions: zzyzxroad

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Had my first good feeling regarding being 13 days post first moderna shot.
I was getting some pet supplies and I had to use my debit card thus touch the keypad.
I was able to do it without fear and the kid nearby with the sniffles didn’t disturb me either. Feels good to know I have good protection at this point and not have to stress about normal activities.
After a year of stoopidity and lying by the sick joke of a president, and his mindless minions creating a clusterfuck environment, a little sanity from leadership, and an effective vaccine, it is liberating to be able to resume activities we enjoy.

I live in "beer city", with the highest number of breweries per capita in the country. For the past decade+ we have gone out meeting with friends at many of the local craft breweries. Initially the governor shut them down, along with everything else, and when they were allowed to reopen with restrictions, we opted to stay home and stay safe.

Now 3 weeks+ post dose #2, and the fact many are following the rules, we went to our typical Monday night gathering with a bunch of regulars at one of the local breweries. $3 pints is also a draw. The last time we had done this was March 9, 2020, so a day shy of a year.

It was great to visit with these friends, some with similar stay at home experiences, some also vaccinated. Only 1 person eligible to be vaccinated that wasn't. She had a real serious episode with Lyme disease, 2 years ago, and her docs advised her not to get the COVID vaccine. We did gather around a table, outside, and of course masks were removed for imbibing in some craft beer, and munchies that people always brought every Monday. Much less stressful than running an errand into a small retail store 2 - 3 months ago would create.

PowerEngineer

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2001
As i said earlier, i might be foolish and life will teach me a lesson soon.

We can only hope so - for your sake and for the sake of your friends and family. What you are espousing is approaching textbook antisocial behavior.

That is the current time you're living in. Yes, currently many of us that are part of generation "y" all about me, me, me. It's no longer what can you do for your country and it haven't been like that for a long time.

Perhaps it is more accurate to say that it is still "like that" for many of us who were fortunate enough to have come of age in those seemingly better times. And I suppose that our apparent failure to pass that sense of a common shared destiny and community belonging on to your generation (or at least to people like you) means that we bear some responsibility for the mess that our country is becoming.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
You are obviously naive concerning covid-19. Like most people, you haven't bothered to educate yourself. Your mortality figures are understated, but more than that you're unaware of the possibilities of suffering debilitating physical damage that will be with you for months, possibly years, and quite possibly for the rest of your life. This is NOT the flu. The flu, you stand a chance of dying, sure, but the chances of your sustaining chronic after effects is AFAIK minimal. That's absolutely not the case with covid-19. Watch this video, and if you give a damn, do some more research:

Reactions: pmv

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Just checking in to mention it's day 3 after the vaccination and I _still_ can't tell the difference between the side-effects of the vaccine and the ways I already felt crap before I got it. Notably my arm is not hurting. Which makes me worry whether they didn't do the jabbing correctly.
That was probably shot #1. You will likely get a definite reaction after shot #2, starting (if you're like me) about 5 hours after and lasting at least a couple days. Be glad, it means the vaccine is doing its job.

Reactions: pmv

weblooker2021

Jan 18, 2021
You are obviously naive concerning covid-19. Like most people, you haven't bothered to educate yourself. Your mortality figures are understated, but more than that you're unaware of the possibilities of suffering debilitating physical damage that will be with you for months, possibly years, and quite possibly for the rest of your life. This is NOT the flu. The flu, you stand a chance of dying, sure, but the chances of your sustaining chronic after effects is AFAIK minimal. That's absolutely not the case with covid-19. Watch this video, and if you give a damn, do some more research:

Thank you for very informative video but i am still willing to take my chances even after watching that video.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008

Your figures are nonsense, and I assume you just made them up.