Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine? Thread.

Page 124 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
Ask your doc for paxlovid. AFAIK, it's still free for 2024.
You need to take it within 5 days of exhibiting symptoms.
Three pills, twice a day for 5 days.
Yep i was prescribed it yesterday but I couldn't start it till today because I'm on a statin for cholesterol. I have to stop taking the statin to take the paxlovid so this morning I started the regimen. So far symptoms are pretty mild, still no fever and other than a runny nose, just a slight cough and s/t. The last 2 days I've still been positive but I'm able to get up and move around. Feels like a head could tbh.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Yep i was prescribed it yesterday but I couldn't start it till today because I'm on a statin for cholesterol. I have to stop taking the statin to take the paxlovid so this morning I started the regimen. So far symptoms are pretty mild, still no fever and other than a runny nose, just a slight cough and s/t. The last 2 days I've still been positive but I'm able to get up and move around. Feels like a head could tbh.
Paxlovid stopped the worst of my symptoms. However it gave me a constant musty smell which sucked since that was the only thing I could smell/taste while on it.

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
Paxlovid stopped the worst of my symptoms. However it gave me a constant musty smell which sucked since that was the only thing I could smell/taste while on it.

The TeleHealth doctor offered Paxlovid to me last year when I had COVID but I declined since I didn't have bad symptoms. I would have also had to go in and get blood work done to check my Kidney's. I felt like I was good just staying home streaming TV shows. I have heard a lot of mixed things about it.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Just checked WV's dhhr site on vaccines. Here are the ages and percentages of people who have up to date covid vaccines. Darwin is shaking his head.

age 65+ only 18% have up to date covid vaccines
age 18-64 only 3.59%
age 5-17 only 0.59%
age 6 months to 4 only 0.27%
My opinion: If you don't get covid-19 vaxxed you're dumb. Period!

I've had every single one (7), and all ASAP. AFAIK, never caught it, have quality 3M N95's by the score and take with me, wear indoors. I hate being sick and figure long covid is always a risk.

Last edited:
Reactions: feralkid

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
Officially back to work today. Still sound nasaly and have a slight tickle in my throat/cough but finally tested negative this morning and feeling almost 100%. Still taking the paxlovid. Have 1.5 days of it left to finish it off. I don't like it. It makes everything taste like metal. The pharmacist told it might make me do that and I'll be glad when I can stop taking it.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Not making a big deal about this in relation to the vaccine itself, but what intrigues me is the very fact that these side-effects are so extraordinarily rare.

That the same thing can produce radically different outcomes in a tiny minority just strikes me as an example of how hard it is to truly understand what happens in the human organism and how far we are from 'complete' medical knowledge, when individuals vary so much.