Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine? Thread.

Page 123 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Denly

Golden Member
May 14, 2011
People I know are infected with covid left right and center, some nothing, some like serious flu and my aunt now in ER because of a mystery chicken pox-like condition Doc suspect(aka don't know) immune gone crazy because of covid. Take ur shots AT family.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Just checked WV's dhhr site on vaccines. Here are the ages and percentages of people who have up to date covid vaccines. Darwin is shaking his head.

age 65+ only 18% have up to date covid vaccines
age 18-64 only 3.59%
age 5-17 only 0.59%
age 6 months to 4 only 0.27%

• Wow
Reactions: hal2kilo

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Yea, cause the injection arm is surprisingly a bit painful. And I'm not going on a walk today. Not, feeling bad, but not feeling up to much of anything today.
Anybody else get this vaccine. I actually felt bad off and on for about 4 days. I will live though. Nothing showing up in any billing so I guess Medicare covered it.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
I'm getting over something that felt very similar to when I had Covid last year. I was out for a week from work with a bad s/t, cough, and mild fever with chills and slight body aches. I'm still fighting something in my upper respiratory and coughing out gunk, but no more aches and chills. Tested twice and came back negative, but used the expired tests that were supposedly still good. My wife is going through the same crap, except her cough seems deeper. The Dr. gave me antibiotics which appear to be working. On day 5 of those.
Flu and RSV are also spreading vigorously right now.

Just checked WV's dhhr site on vaccines. Here are the ages and percentages of people who have up to date covid vaccines. Darwin is shaking his head.

age 65+ only 18% have up to date covid vaccines
age 18-64 only 3.59%
age 5-17 only 0.59%
age 6 months to 4 only 0.27%
To be fair, all the U.S. states are performing poorly in this regard. I believe many other advanced countries don't even have an active Covid vax program this year, largely because people already have strong T-cell immunity. Once again, I imagine that our federal govt. wildly overbought mRNA doses, and will presumably just throw away a lot of them upon expiration.

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
Some people in line for the shots take the vaccines very seriously but the evidence they work on variants isn't all that convincing.

Mar 11, 2004
Then I'm sure you'll be able to provide that evidence ...

Well, you guys have been in line to get the vaccines which you take seriously and they're obviously too stupid to be convinced. Seems pretty cut and dry, frankly its more true than most shit right wingers post. Then again it didn't really say anything meaningful, so you know, doesn't really warrant much response. Its basically the political forum equivalent to a little kid pointing and going "I made a poopy!"

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
Yeah I'm not yukking it up with strangers in the line to get a vaccine either. Sounds more incel-ish with every post to me…

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Last edited:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I didn’t make the time for the flu and Covid shots this year. My family had Covid last week (fairly certain as my son tested positive although I never did) , and it was rough.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
I didn’t make the time for the flu and Covid shots this year. My family had Covid last week (fairly certain as my son tested positive although I never did) , and it was rough.
Thankfully, you were well immunized up to this year. When my doc talked to me he just said get the shot every year like the flu to avoid hospitalization.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Thankfully, you were well immunized up to this year. When my doc talked to me he just said get the shot every year like the flu to avoid hospitalization.

I hope so, it’s day 10 and I’m finally starting feel a bit like myself again.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
I hope so, it’s day 10 and I’m finally starting feel a bit like myself again.
Well that sucks :(. Took about 20 days for me to feel that way after having RSV. I am an asthmatic though, an the emergency clinic doc said that that would make it worse for me (and a diabetic, so he couldn't pump me up with as much methyl-prednisone as he would have liked to).

Reactions: ch33zw1z

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
IDK but I'm starting to feel sick again. Just had something for over a week right before xmas, and now coming down with something a week before I take a bday trip to San Antonio. No fever, dry cough, runny nose and body feels sore all over. I'm at work because I don't have much sick time left, but I might have to take some vacation time to try and get over this. Blah...

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Well that sucks :(. Took about 20 days for me to feel that way after having RSV. I am an asthmatic though, an the emergency clinic doc said that that would make it worse for me (and a diabetic, so he couldn't pump me up with as much methyl-prednisone as he would have liked to).
I felt intermittently awful for about a week after the RSV. Worse reaction to anything so far.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
I felt intermittently awful for about a week after the RSV. Worse reaction to anything so far.
These new viruses suck. Then again, we aren't spring chickens anymore either. Once of my nephews (28) got Covid at Christmas (probably from his flight) and was over it 3 days later. It's good to be young.

Reactions: hal2kilo

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
Well was out sick today and just tested. Positive. Great…. Symptoms are mild, cough, runny nose, sore throat. Knock on wood fever hasn’t come back and other than tired I actually feel ok. We’ll see how this plays out. I think I need to get some vitamin D and some zinc.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
l was out sick today and just tested. Positive. Great…. Symptoms are mild, cough, runny nose, sore throat. Knock on wood fever hasn’t come back and other than tired I actually feel ok. We’ll see how this plays out. I think I need to get some vitamin D and some zinc.
Ask your doc for paxlovid. AFAIK, it's still free for 2024.
You need to take it within 5 days of exhibiting symptoms.
Three pills, twice a day for 5 days.