Have You Gotten Your Covid Vaccine? Thread.

Page 120 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
We got our Covid (Moderna) and RSV today. As an interesting note our paperwork says that, if we had no insurance, our cost for the 4 shots (Covid, RSV, Flu and Shingles) we've gotten recently would have been $894.97 for EACH of us instead of $0.00. Yikes!

• Wow
Reactions: iRONic

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Kaiser just sent an email letting people know the new COVID vaccine is available. I just tried to make an appointment at all locations in my area and there's NOTHING! WTF Kaiser. I might just have to call my primary care doc to find out WTF!
Edit: must have something to do with them going on strike I guess.
Yep. I've seen my first example of a problem with advantage plans. At this point, I guess I'll have to shell out some money at CVS or something. They are blaming this on allocation, but I think the strike may have a lot to do with this problem.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Yep. I've seen my first example of a problem with advantage plans. At this point, I guess I'll have to shell out some money at CVS or something. They are blaming this on allocation, but I think the strike may have a lot to do with this problem.

I don't know what all the issues are now for Kaiser but that article is from Feb, 2021.

• Wow
Reactions: hal2kilo

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Good news. Went to the Kaiser website this AM and was finally able to set up an appointment for next Monday AM.

Dec 10, 2005
Got my influenza and COVID (Moderna, since that was what was available) shots on Saturday. Kind of felt poopy for Saturday evening overnight into early Sunday afternoon, but now right as rain.

Reactions: balloonshark

WilliamM2

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2012
Fianally got mine Saturday. Took a lot of effort.
Walgreens here is messed up. Wife and I originally scheduled for Sept. 30. We got there and they were all out, but they didn't bother to call and tell us. So re-scheduled for Oct. 7 at another Walgreens. They also ran out and didn't bother to call us! Luckily I called them that day. Re-scheduled again for Saturday Oct. 14 at yet another Walgreens. They actually had it. Apparently there are supply issues here, the hospitals and health clinics have not recieved ANY yet. Smaller pharmacies don't want it, now that they have to pay for it up front. They figure they will get stuck with it like last fall.

I had the original Phizer shot 4 times previously. March-April 2021, booster in Oct. '21. Another booster in late August '22. They didn't bother to tell me the new bivalent would be available in a week, never did get that one.

Never had anything more than a sore arm all the other times. This time had an extremely sore arm, so did my wife. We both had insomnia and didn't sleep Sat. night, I also had chilIs so bad I couldn't stop my teeth from chattering. I had a fever of 103 when I got up Sunday, wife had a fever of 101.4, hers went away, mine was still 101 when I went to bed Sun. All is fine today, arm is still a little sore.
Odd because I have never had a reaction to any vaccine. other than a sore arm for a day.

• Wow

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Walked in Kaiser yesterday and got my 3rd booster along with the flu vaccine. Line was fairly short, about half an hour wait.
Had them put both in my left arm. Arm was sore last night and less so today, without any other side effects.
I asked the nurse about the RSV vaccine and she said they don't have any right now and it may have to be recommended by your primary physician.

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
Got Flu and Covid last week at CVS, had to book one week in advance. Some soreness at the injection site but that was it. Did my usual thing of getting in the shower the next morning and going "WTF are these bandaids....oh yeah..." that happens after the flu vaccine so good that the Covid is acting the same way now.

Definitely want to add to the recommendations for getting Shingrix. I had a small case of it right before Covid hit and it still sucked big time. Was right on my belt line so the moment I got dressed it was constant low-level pain and itching, then randomly it would feel like someone shoved an ice pick into my abdomen. A year later got Shingrix, insurance covered it completely.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Walked in Kaiser yesterday and got my 3rd booster along with the flu vaccine. Line was fairly short, about half an hour wait.
Had them put both in my left arm. Arm was sore last night and less so today, without any other side effects.
I asked the nurse about the RSV vaccine and she said they don't have any right now and it may have to be recommended by your primary physician.
Been holding off my annual, oh excuse me, "well care" visit (utter bs), until they say they have them.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
en holding off my annual, oh excuse me, "well care" visit (utter bs), until they say they have them.

These were the vaccine clinics that show when and where they are open if you log into your Kaiser account.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
These were the vaccine clinics that show when and where they are open if you log into your Kaiser account.
Oh, I realize that, that's how I got my COVID vaccine appointment for next week ^^. They still have not announced anything for RSV yet as far as I can tell, and I was at least going to try to save that for my annual. It's getting long in the year so I just may go ahead and schedule a "well care" visit before the RSV comes out.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
I dillydallied and got symptoms Friday, fever and chills all night. Cpugh sneeze wicked sore throat, even a bit "O the shits.
Tested positive today, both my self and my wife. Paxlovid is contraindicated with some of my other meds, so I will get molnupiravir.

Reactions: Muse

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
It's absolutely subjective and this virus is subjecting me to some serious symptoms!
I went to my local indy supermarket today 'cause it had been a long time and they're the only place I can get certain things. I was the only person I saw masked, 3M N95, baby. I HATE being sick! Haven't been sick since Nov. 2019.

Take care of yourself!

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I went to my local indy supermarket today 'cause it had been a long time and they're the only place I can get certain things. I was the only person I saw masked, 3M N95, baby. I HATE being sick! Haven't been sick since Nov. 2019.

Take care of yourself!
I've been tempted to go with something like a 3M Large Thermoplastic Elastomer Half Mask 6000 Series Reusable Standard Respirator With 4 Point Harness And Bayonet Connection because of good fit and ease of breathing. They filter the air coming in but not what you breathe out. The idea of masks to a large degree is not only to protect yourself from others but to protect them from you. Since the people not wearing masks don't give a shit who they infect can you in good conscience think of yourself and not give a shit about them wearing such a mask.

Edit: I realized that what I wrote here is unclear as to intent. I meant to ask others if they think it is morally dicey to wear a mask that only protects yourself in a crowd that doesn't wear masks rather than the typical mask that filters air both ways. Should one feel obliged to protect them when they won't protect themselves. The 6000 above makes breathing easy for me whereas a regular mask feels somewhat suffocating.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: eikelbijter

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
My doctor said they aren't carrying the covid vaccines this year. I was hoping to get it along with the flu shot on Thursday during my checkup. Our CVS isn't very busy so I set up an appointment on Friday for both shots.