Has it sunk in yet?

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
Oh I don't think so, not yet. We haven't come close to the point where that realization "sinks in".

When did it sink in for Bush? 2009?

Murloc

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2008
wait until he actually is president and not just president-elect, then it will look real.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
It never sank in that Reagan was my president. Or Nixon. Or Bush. Why should Trump be any different? His administration will be an interminable sequence of blunders.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I was in England when Bush won in 2000, so that mitigated it a bit somehow. But I made it through 8 years. The country was worse for wear but we popped up on the other side. Same thing with Trump. I'm already looking at the Trump administration as a side show, albeit one with consequences. We will regress, but this is America, we will come back in the end.

Trump can eat a dick. That won't change.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
HORROR and HILARITY.

Each new news tidbit will leave us apoplectic and stunned. We might have predicted or anticipated something of a similar nature to each of those tidbits, but with each one, they exceed and defy imagination.

Lawrence O'Donnell of MSNBC is probably anathema to your average f***stick Tea-bagger and Trump enthusiast. With most of those media people, the Trumpies will tell you that you're a brainwashed news-zombie soaking up the Liberal hype like a sponge takes water.

But it's never been that way for me. I'm always belatedly gratified when one of those pundits comes up with an idea I had five years earlier. You can't say they're "preaching to the zombie-choir," when you were already ahead of them by five years.

Still, O'Donnell far outshines Keith Olbermann (if anyone remembers him) as a sort of 21st century Edward R. Murrow.

Tonight, I literally almost lost my balance and fell on the kitchen floor as O'Donnell proceeded to comment on near-treasonous tongue-in-cheek remarks by Trump and his mousey bitch, Kellyann Conway.

This sums it up.

Trump is boasting that he helped a Japanese company with the proposed investment they had already planned to make. He and Kellyann also boasted about the Imperial Trumpian power to up-end the stock market and damage an American company with $96 billion in annual revenue -- Boeing -- which employs thousands of American workers and pays them good wages.

Maybe someone can encourage Trump to go out on 5th Avenue and shoot somebody. Or encourage him to exceed that boast, and shoot five people. At that point, you could simply arrest him for murder. Impeachment would be an afterthought.

Jul 9, 2009
Yes it has, since 3:00 AM on November 9th I knew that Trump is now the President-elect and that Republicans not only retained their majority in the House of Representatives, as I expected, but retained control of the U.S. Senate by (most likely) 2 members. What a totally unexpected great year this has been, and it only gets better.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Yes it has, since 3:00 AM on November 9th I knew that Trump is now the President-elect and that Republicans not only retained their majority in the House of Representatives, as I expected, but retained control of the U.S. Senate by (most likely) 2 members. What a totally unexpected great year this has been, and it only gets better.

"Your time for honoring yourself will soon be at an end." [Gladiator, Maximus Decimus Meridius]

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Not when your spiteful child diminishes a steelworker for calling him out on the Truth of the Carrier deal.

Robert Reich just called out your Insect in Chief. Your Insect in Chief reflects the sorry, deficient, low and un-American character of his constituency -- that's you.

President Asshole is telling us now that he's going to "bring us together." With each passing day, he is doing the opposite. So -- sure -- it's "better." We're going to watch this Sorry Sack of Shit self-destruct. He and his minions are making fools of themselves.

As are you.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Threads like this one only make it better.
Well yes, and do enjoy, because it is only for minds as small and bitter as your own, that the act of gloating can be felt as a pleasure. I hope more and more joy comes your way. It will make you a much better person.

superstition

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2008
Maybe someone can encourage Trump to go out on 5th Avenue and shoot somebody. Or encourage him to exceed that boast, and shoot five people. At that point, you could simply arrest him for murder. Impeachment would be an afterthought.
You think Trump is so scary? How about Mike Pence?

If you didn't see him in the VP debate I suggest watching the whole thing. He is coated with Truthiness Teflon which is worse than someone prone to gaffes because he's better at convincing people his bad policy is good policy.

By far the worst thing about a Trump presidency is Pence pulling the strings, particularly given a GOP-run Congress. Getting rid of Trump won't make things better at all.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I was in England when Bush won in 2000, so that mitigated it a bit somehow. But I made it through 8 years. The country was worse for wear but we popped up on the other side. Same thing with Trump. I'm already looking at the Trump administration as a side show, albeit one with consequences. We will regress, but this is America, we will come back in the end.

Trump can eat a dick. That won't change.
I think this is the enlightened view from here. It's broad, vague, but reasonable all in all. We'll recover, move on by and by, absent nuclear holocaust. I'm hoping it doesn't take the better part of a century.

Last edited:

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
it sunk in on election night when, my feet bloody and blistered from canvassing in PA all day, I popped 3 sleeping pills and passed out. after seeing GWB elected twice, nothing really surprises me anymore.

at this point, I'm just looking forward for this interregnum period to be over with and Trump to actually take power so that we finally have concrete things to lambast him over. for the past year and a half, any criticism of Trump was met with comments to the effect of "oh, but he's a private citizen it doesn't matter." that's about to change, and at least as someone who likes to argue about politics, being on offense is always easier than having to defend.

as well, Trump is painfully amorphous and who the fuck knows what he's actually going to be like. his positions change on a day-to-day basis, but that's not going to be able to happen anymore once he's got to sign off on legislation.

superstition

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2008
after seeing GWB illegally appointed and then actually elected, nothing really surprises me anymore.
fify

Kathryn Harris violated Florida law by stonewalling against having a recount.

She got away with it and so did the Supreme Court later — headed by Rehnquist who begged the public, when he retired, to ignore that astonishingly corrupt ruling when reflecting on his tenure as Chief Justice.

Sure, buddy, we'll forget all about it since you got your way.

The MSM is also responsible for treating the staged demonstration by GOP operatives (who banged on glass in an intimidation scheme) as if it was a spontaneous expression of general public anger over the process. This is akin to the MSM's reporting of the staged toppling of Hussein's statue by our military as being a spontaneous outburst of the public in Iraq.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
GWB was 12 years ago.

Actually, Who was it? Gore? Dole? One of them actually won the election but Jeb! threw it in favor of his brother.

All those Bushes are out as of today. That is a bit of a relief
I hope to live long enough to see every Justice that voted in the affirmative on Bush v Gore dead and buried, but didn't the post-election recounts basically prove that GWB would have won if the recount had completed?

superstition

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2008
didn't the post-election recounts basically prove that GWB would have won if the recount had completed?
No.

Had the entire state been recounted Gore was the clear winner, even with a conservative interpretation of the "intent of the voter" vis-à-vis chads and such.

Gore's strategy of seeking just the Democratically-learning counties was bound to fail. Kathryn Harris was responsible for recounting the entire state, though, and violated the law by refusing to do it for as long as she could manage to get away with it (which was too long and enabled the Supreme Court to intervene).

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
1dzd46.jpg

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Well, the original thread post asks "Has it sunk in yet?"

I knew profoundly what a disgusting Tory Pig Trump was beginning a dozen years ago.

The only thing that's changed for me since the election really isn't a change: I'd seen Trump go over the edge and beyond the pale after having his buttons pushed through the campaign. In other words, you might anticipate his behavior, but be surprised by the magnitude of the outrage.

In earlier post, I mentioned the tweets and fallout about Boeing. Now, the Insect in Chief is going after a private citizen, an everyday bloke -- Jones, the local 1999 president. Jones is getting death threats.

To you Tory Traitor sociopaths who seem to be enjoying this, and for people more likely to listen, let me explain the core of this matter.

During the campaign, Mr. Khan made a very perceptive remark about the Insect's lack of empathy. What has happened here is no cartoon about a Grinch. People were told their jobs would be saved. They probably went about their holiday business with the usual reserve in spending under less perceived risk.

This Disgusting Pig-Elect has upended their holidays.

So let me wish the Disgusting Pig, his family, and all his supporters a very fucked up Christmas. And may they all wake up on Xmas morning with a big, ol' long English cucumber up their Tory assholes.

If someone wants to laugh at my anger, it depends on how this all plays out whether you may come to regret it. Personally, I'm going down to a party shop to buy a kazoo and a party hat so I can put it back in a shoe-box for the day this disgusting blight on my country ends.

Nov 30, 2006
Now that the recount efforts have effectively failed, I imagine the denial will continue until the State Electors meet and vote December 19. This is their last great hope...before effectively being forced to confront reality.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Who isn't "confronting reality?"

I'd decided by midsummer that he'd "never be 'MY' president," and his supporters will never be "mah fellow 'Muricans." We will watch this play out. We will write letters to our elected representatives and senators. And we will resist.