Dribble

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2005
Nice, although having just bought a 580 4gb I thought I'd check your database and it's not there.

Dribble

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2005
Ty - still takes you back to the 8GB page which must be why I didn't notice it - I went in via the search by picking AMD, Polaris and 4GB memory which obviously doesn't show you the 8GB card.

Despite it being a pretty common card it's interesting there are nearly no reviews of 4GB 580's anywhere. As well as having half the memory most have it clocked at 7ghz too (1ghz slower then 8GB) so performance won't be quite the same. I see that for example there are full reviews of the 1060 3GB (it's direct competitor).

IntelUser2000

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2003
Hello everyone!, I'm the techpowerup gpu database editor and I wanted to share with you graphics card enthusiasts all of the projects I have been working on to share information that is not so easy to find and also some that are all in one place.

By the way, I mentioned to your editor about ROP/TMU counts for Intel GPUs and its still wrong. Because Techpowerup also creates GPU-Z and its widely used I think its important that TPU gets their data correct.

Broadwell and Skylake both have 3 subslices. Each subslice consists of 8 EUs and a texture sampler.

That makes the GT2 configuration a 3 ROP, 12 TMU configuration, not 8/16 for Skylake and 3/24 for Broadwell.

Icelake keeps the same configuration, only with max 8 subslices. That makes the 64 EU GT2 version 8 ROPs and 32 TMUs.

What about Haswell? Haswell's subslice contains 10 EUs. So a GT2 version has 2 texture samplers. That equals to 2 ROPs and 8 TMUs.

T4C Fantasy

Mar 27, 2019
By the way, I mentioned to your editor about ROP/TMU counts for Intel GPUs and its still wrong. Because Techpowerup also creates GPU-Z and its widely used I think its important that TPU gets their data correct.

Broadwell and Skylake both have 3 subslices. Each subslice consists of 8 EUs and a texture sampler.

That makes the GT2 configuration a 3 ROP, 12 TMU configuration, not 8/16 for Skylake and 3/24 for Broadwell.

Icelake keeps the same configuration, only with max 8 subslices. That makes the 64 EU GT2 version 8 ROPs and 32 TMUs.

What about Haswell? Haswell's subslice contains 10 EUs. So a GT2 version has 2 texture samplers. That equals to 2 ROPs and 8 TMUs.
thank you for the info, im changing the database now, i need help with all of them though, you can be more detailed and list all the configurations