Government healthcare was good to me today.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Conservative: Government should not be paying for healthcare

Government doesn't pay for some health care

Conservative: Why is the government not paying for healthcare like it's supposed to?

And you can't figure it out. Pathetic.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
So you are happy with the government failing at its self-appointed duties. I get it now - just like you're content using illegal immigrants as slave labor because it keeps your prices low.

I am not happy, but I recognize government not paying for healthcare as a failure that needs to be fixed, not as a policy goal to implement.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
I am not happy, but I recognize government not paying for healthcare as a failure that needs to be fixed, not as a policy goal to implement.

Yet that's exactly what your side has done - implemented this failure as a policy goal.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Because he's leeching off the government. If he put his money where his mouth is he would resign.

If you would put your money where your mouth is, you'd be down volunteering at the local soup kitchen instead of running your stupid mouth online. But you're a typical liberal. You want other people to fix the world, not you.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
If you would put your money where your mouth is, you'd be down volunteering at the local soup kitchen instead of running your stupid mouth online. But you're a typical liberal. You want other people to fix the world, not you.

Yeah, treating illegal immigrants like slave labor is wrong. Except when it benefits his personal finances, then it's fine.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006

Conservative: Why is the government not paying for healthcare like it's supposed to?

Liberal: Government should be in charge of healthcare

Government: Takes control, doesn't pay

Liberal: Government needs more control! Blame conservatives.

Sounds as accurate!

Tristicus

Diamond Member
Feb 2, 2008
www.wallpapereuphoria.com

Liberal:
Down-Syndrome-Child-3.jpg

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007

That's exactly right. Why is the government failing in its self-imposed responsibility? Answer: Because the government is inefficient. Far more so than the free market.

Whether it should be the governments responsibility or not, it is failing at healthcare, just as it fails when it takes over other responsibilities, such as education and the post-office.

How often must this point be hammered home?

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
So did the free market swoop in to save those poor people who can't afford insurance and rely on government Medicaid?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Shouldn't you resign instead of leeching off the government?
QUOTE]

Are you nuts. Didn't he say he's playing on line? People should be rewarded for having a perfect job.

If there are waves you surf.

I'm being a good citizen. Am I helping others though? That's mostly my point here. We've talked about the One Ring before and I think I'm dealing with that right now. Sensamp thinks this is about Conservative or Liberal, government healthcare or private. Actually it's about something that's deeper, being able to in fact do what one is trained to do and benefit others in the real non-internet world.

When phone lines are more important than lives, I'd say something is terribly wrong, but that's just how I view the world. I think you understand.

Generator

Mar 4, 2005
Somebody just stuff a wad bills into Rider's pockets so he can be happy. Until then I guess we are stuck with him pretending he still gives a shit anymore. I suppose private insurance is run better when the AIDs patient died being denied coverage. Dead people don't leave the pharmacy disappointed.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
I am sure they are feeling fine in the loving hands of the free markets now that the government is out of their hair with all the paying for drugs business. :)

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
So the owner is paying me to do nothing, giving out some meds gratis all because some medicaid rep decided that's what he wanted. The regs are written so that the government has the ability to order just about anything it likes.

In the meantime people are going without their meds again.

Hey, I'm getting to sit back and play on line.

Wait till they start "regulating" more.

Yep, the government sure knows how to run health care.

What you are doing is small potatoes.

If it was 100% private business you would be ripping off everyone in addition to them going without all the meds they need.

Thank you for validating Obama care as a good thing. :thumbsup:

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Basically the mantra of conservative movement is blaming the government for not doing what they want it to not do.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Somebody just stuff a wad bills into Rider's pockets so he can be happy. Until then I guess we are stuck with him pretending he still gives a shit anymore. I suppose private insurance is run better when the AIDs patient died being denied coverage. Dead people don't leave the pharmacy disappointed.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Because he's leeching off the government. If he put his money where his mouth is he would resign.

Actually no, I'm being paid by a private citizen who owns this business. He asked me to cover today and he needs to keep his doors open to the few people who don't use Medicaid. Since I'm being paid by him and he's not being paid by the government, please explain how I'm leeching off the government?

The government is screwing everyone here, just as you asked. I'm having it easy because the government is an all powerful entity with the collective wisdom of a waterbear, and just as hard to kill.

So, we're following the rules and regs. I'm not getting paid from the government. Where's my cake?

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Basically the mantra of conservative movement is blaming the government for not doing what they want it to not do.

As usual, incorrect. It cannot be summed up in a single mantra, and your line would be fallacious anyways. A more accurate phrasing of the above would be that one of the tenets of ______ movement is criticizing the government for not doing what it takes as its responsibilities.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
What you are doing is small potatoes.

If it was 100% private business you would be ripping off everyone in addition to them going without all the meds they need.

Thank you for validating Obama care as a good thing. :thumbsup:

So, ripping people off is worse than people not having the medicines they need to live. Now we see just how truly low you are - politics and dollars are more important to you than lives.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000

The OP was written because of frustrations with the way the Federal Government handles its current obligations. Now obamacare will add a tremendous bureaucracy and tenfold obligations into the mix. The result will be a clusterfuck of epic proportions. Now sure why you are the only one here who does not see this.