Got Gas? U.S. Economy to Worsen as Gas Prices Skyrocket

Page 157 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
Welcome to America, where the rules of economics do not apply.

Oh but they do. Very much so. they always apply.

Part of it is all the QE/ninja inflation making it so that our gas demand has plummeted, and other countries can better afford the gas. .

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
None of your ranting and raving addresses the facts we are drowning in oil and gasoline is the number one export of the United States.

Why do you think its the number one export genius?

Hmmm....could it be because there isn't much demand in the US compared to other growing economies like e.g., China and along with a devalued dollar this means that most oil companies are more apt to sell over seas then in the US? Hmmm....MAYBE, right? You do realize that oil is a global commodity that everyone buys and sells because of its importance in our modern technological world right? Oh wait never mind I just remembered you don't know a damn thing about what the hell claim to understand because you're fucking moron.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Why do you think its the number one export genius?

Hmmm....could it be because there isn't much demand in the US compared to other growing economies like e.g., China and along with a devalued dollar this means that most oil companies are more apt to sell over seas then in the US? Hmmm....MAYBE, right? You do realize that oil is a global commodity that everyone buys and sells because of its importance in our modern technological world right? Oh wait never mind I just remembered you don't know a damn thing about what the hell claim to understand because you're fucking moron.

Speaking of Morons

"Hmmm....could it be because there isn't much demand in the US"

Quoting your idiocy

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Awesome news. Sadly, although $0.46 cents sounds like a lot, I don't know if a 'crash' is the right word. 10% over 2 months (base on Los Angelas numbers) is more like a 'good start'. Never thought I'd long for the days of $2.00 gas. :(

Gas prices have plummeted 46 cents a gallon over the past two months, according to a survey released Sunday.

"This has been a true price crash," said Trilby Lundberg, publisher of the Lundberg Survey.

The national average is about 8 cents higher than the average a year ago.
The survey tallies prices at thousands of gas stations nationwide.
Long Island, New York, had the highest average in the latest survey, at $3.85. The lowest average was in Memphis, Tennessee, at $3.04.
Here are average prices in some other cities:
• Boston - $3.59
• Baltimore - $3.34
• Atlanta - $3.27
• Baton Rouge, Louisiana• - $3.11
• St. Louis - $3.05
• Salt Lake City - $3.40
• Los Angeles - $3.68

=========================================

Lundberg is an idiot.

Price hasn't dropped at all here in Chicago area.

From the looks of his own chart hasn't dropped in a lot of areas.

An 81 cent spread across regions and it's 8 cents higher average than a year ago.

Crash not found other than from yet another Industry Parrot Lundberg.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
Speaking of Morons

"Hmmm....could it be because there isn't much demand in the US"

Quoting your idiocy

And of course you'd take that comment completely out of context with a complete and total lack of understanding of how the shitty economy we are in has reduced our demand for oil among other reasons compared to other oil hungry nations like China. Obviously you either didn't read or only read what you wanted from your own link which talks about a supply glut, about China need for oil and even the US whose demand may not be great enough to see the price rise significantly given the potential state of our economy using the optimistic outlook by the writer.

Economics will dictate that you can only build so much storage to avert the price drop from continual over supply, and right now the world produces more Oil than it consumes each day, and it has for the past 16 months, this trend will only get worse in 2013. So expect prices to finally start to address this over supply issue in the Oil Markets in 2013.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1039621-wti-crude-oil-to-test-65-level-in-2013?source=yahoo

Geez...hmmm...I take it you're wrong once again and maybe, just maybe you have no understanding of the topic you claim to understand.

Last edited:

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Geez...hmmm...I take it you're wrong once again and maybe, just maybe you have no understanding of the topic you claim to understand.

I understand alright.

The fact that I do is what drives you Oil Thugs crazy.

How many millions have you personally pulled out of the U.S. economy while giving bullshit excuses?

There is no other Industry that gets rewarded for incompetence like this one.

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
I understand alright.

The fact that I do is what drives you Oil Thugs crazy.

How many millions have you personally pulled out of the U.S. economy while giving bullshit excuses?

There is no other Industry that gets rewarded for incompetence like this one.

BP's stock was free money. Their revenue is in the Billions, like $234 billion. Real wealth, oil money.

During the Drilling disaster they were talking about damages of $10billion or so. I think they had a $20billion fund setup to pay fishermen etc. for lost wages. They didn't even burn all the money they had alotted to the program. The stock fell in price by like 50%.

BP was fine all along. $200billion in revenue, if it were a country, is in the top 50 in the world. BP revenue = The entire GDP of Qatar.

Larger than the GDP of New Zealand, or Peru, or Tied with Ireland, etc.

So BP was fine all along. They caused a disaster yes but in the grand scheme of things it was still an accident.

Last edited:

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Lundberg is an idiot.

Price hasn't dropped at all here in Chicago area.
Your abhorrent lies are back in business. I guess the last banning you got for despicable behavior in this thread in November taught you nothing.

http://chicagogasprices.com/retail_price_chart.aspx

Queue the part where you spaz out and yet provide no corroborating evidence for your demented view of gas prices in Chicago. You need to stop lying to people who have google and can find information readily online.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Awesome news. Sadly, although $0.46 cents sounds like a lot, I don't know if a 'crash' is the right word. 10% over 2 months (base on Los Angelas numbers) is more like a 'good start'. Never thought I'd long for the days of $2.00 gas. :(

Yeah, this is just another example of why I said the rules of economics no longer apply in this country. All the prices are set artificially through collusion at the top by the major oil companies to further pad their already out of control offshore bank accounts, like most other businesses these days, and the prices have little to do with the staples of econ like supply, demand, etc.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Your abhorrent lies are back in business. I guess the last banning you got for despicable behavior in this thread in November taught you nothing.

Queue the part where you spaz out and yet provide no corroborating evidence for your demented view of gas prices in Chicago. You need to stop lying to people who have google and can find information readily online.

Speaking of Morons :rolleyes:

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
It's written in black and white cocksuckers

12-10-2012

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/11/29/2012-to-set-record-for-chicago-area-gas-prices/

2012 To Set Record For Chicago Area Gas Prices

This year will go down as another record-setting year for high gas prices in the Chicago area.

WBBM Newsradio’s Mike Krauser reports the average price of a gallon of gas in the Chicago area was $4 in 2012.

The national average for this year is $3.63. That’s a record, too.

“Chicago motorists have never paid out as much as they have in 2012,” said Patrick DeHaan, senior petroleum Analyst for Gas Buddy.

To get below last year’s average of $3.83 per gallon in the Chicago area, DeHaan said prices would have to dip to the $2 range for the rest of the year.

In 2010, the average price for gas in the Chicago area was $2.99 a gallon; in 2009, it was $2.51.

In 2013, DeHaan expects more of the same, and another possible record high for gas prices.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Haha. Best thread of all time.

I just filled up my F-150, my GT-500, and my RZR 4 900 XP for cheap. OP meanwhile re-loaded his pre-paid cell phone minutes and his bus pass.

Last edited:

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Now gasoline is piling up all over the place.

12-11-2012

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/oil-trades-near-one-month-091156958.html

Oil Trades Near One-Month Low as Fuel Stockpiles Seen Rising

Oil traded near the lowest close in almost a month in New York on speculation that an Energy Department report will show fuel stockpiles climbed in the U.S., the world's biggest crude consumer.

U.S. distillate inventories probably increased 1.5 million barrels in the week ended Dec. 7, according to the median estimate of seven analysts surveyed by Bloomberg before tomorrow's Energy Department report. Gasoline supplies may have gained 2 million barrels to 214.1 million.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
It's written in black and white cocksuckers

12-10-2012

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/11/29/2012-to-set-record-for-chicago-area-gas-prices/

This year will go down as another record-setting year for high gas prices in the Chicago area.

WBBM Newsradio’s Mike Krauser reports the average price of a gallon of gas in the Chicago area was $4 in 2012.

“Chicago motorists have never paid out as much as they have in 2012,” said Patrick DeHaan, senior petroleum Analyst for Gas Buddy.

To get below last year’s average of $3.83 per gallon in the Chicago area, DeHaan said prices would have to dip to the $2 range for the rest of the year.

In 2010, the average price for gas in the Chicago area was $2.99 a gallon; in 2009, it was $2.51.

In 2013, DeHaan expects more of the same, and another possible record high for gas prices.
Exactly as represented here, a link that has owned you dozens of times this year:

BTW, calm it on the cock sucking talk. It got you banned in November, and will again if you don't watch your mouth.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Exactly as represented here, a link that has owned you dozens of times this year:

BTW, calm it on the cock sucking talk. It got you banned in November, and will again if you don't watch your mouth.

The article owns your ass

I'll post it again since you are blind and dumb

Originally Posted by dmcowen674

12-10-2012

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/11/...ea-gas-prices/

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
the average price of a gallon of gas in the Chicago area was $4 in 2012

To use your words, you're "blind and dumb".

To use mine "Now comes the part where you reference what you think I said without ever providing a link."

As expected. You think your link owns me, but have no idea why. Because you act and think with rage first, reason last (if ever).

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
To use your words, you're "blind and dumb".

To use mine "Now comes the part where you reference what you think I said without ever providing a link."

As expected. You think your link owns me, but have no idea why. Because you act and think with rage first, reason last (if ever).

OK, so if he is so wrong. How has the cost of gas gone from $1 a gallon to over $3 a gallon in the last 15 years? Calling him dumb doesn't make him wrong. It just makes you a douchebag.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
OK, so if he is so wrong. How has the cost of gas gone from $1 a gallon to over $3 a gallon in the last 15 years? Calling him dumb doesn't make him wrong. It just makes you a douchebag.
Dave's champion steps in!

Dave said his link owned me. I said it doesn't and that he cannot provide proof that it does. Why you're trying to make this about $1 to $3 over 15 years I have no idea. I doubt even you know why you said it.