got fired from work:(

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jackmar

Jul 21, 2004
Originally posted by: desiplaya4life
college

and i applied for more jobs im sure i can find a job soon w/ my skills on my resume. but the fact is that even my own blood does not udnerstand me and the mental instability and torture they put me thru i cant take it anymore nor i would like to anymore

i know i am not a perfect child but she does not seem to understand my potention nor my personality nor my beliefs she does not respect anyone..

bt the point is i GOT FIRED AND I FEEL STUPID:(

You're still young so I can understand the anxiety. You're not too young though to move out and tell your parents to fvck off.

It's a tough time and if you're not ready to support yourself, suck it up and take it untill you can leave. You really have no other choice. Just know that it's temporary and it will end. Don't leave home before you're ready and get yourself into a worse situation.

Of course this being said, you have to take responsibility for your actions and not fvck up your work. You're allowed to make mistakes, just be sure you learn from them and allways strive to improve yourself.

judasmachine

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2002
i feel so freaking depressed... got the boot from work today for being late and i feel really stupid for making these mistakes:-/ told my mom and she is angry bashing me how i am such a lowlife and i will never become anything:( going a lil over the borderline.. (she always thinks of me like this.. just cant stand it:\) i just didnt become what she wanted me to..

at library right now thinking of running away for a lil while...my dad will come home later tonite.. and i want to tell him in front of face b4 i run away but i just cant stand anymore negativity:-\

btw i worked for bank of america.

you sound young, so it shouldn't be a huge problem. it's something most of us have happen to us, and it's how you learn to get back in the saddle after a setback.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
i feel so freaking depressed... got the boot from work today for being late and i feel really stupid for making these mistakes:-/ told my mom and she is angry bashing me how i am such a lowlife and i will never become anything:( going a lil over the borderline.. (she always thinks of me like this.. just cant stand it:\) i just didnt become what she wanted me to..

at library right now thinking of running away for a lil while...my dad will come home later tonite.. and i want to tell him in front of face b4 i run away but i just cant stand anymore negativity:-\

btw i worked for bank of america.
Join the Army, you need to be weened from your mothers teet!

Kristi2k

Golden Member
Oct 25, 2003
I know what you mean, I've been fired, from McD's when I was 16 and then "let go" at 18. I have learned the importance of being mature in the workforce. There's always something good in a negative situation that you can learn from.

desiplaya4life

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2004
thanks guys my dad was cool about it and he swallowed the pain unlike my mom who still talked sh it after i came home... i really have no respect for her anymore cuz she brings down the whole family. now if i explain more it'll come back against me some how so i wont say anything except for that she is not a positive person at any situation. she thinks negative and alwys thinks she is perfect.

i will see later today what is availible and yes i will learn from this.. hopefully

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
OK, things are already better than they were yesterday. Your father didn't freak out and you got a break by being allowed to resign, so make the most of it and resolve not to be in that position again.

Good for you.

smc13

Jan 5, 2005
Originally posted by: whitecloak
Instead of focussing on his age/situation etc, why dont you guys give him support?

Support?!? We should be telling him him to grow up already. If he is old enough to work, then he is at least 16, and I assume he is older since he is working at a bank. Yet he gets fired for showing up late to work and he want to run away? This sounds like someone's idea of a joke.

You aren't deserving of unquestioning support. You shouldn't get support for repeatedly showing up late for work. You should get yelled at. I feel sorry for his parents. If he is at least 18 like I think he is then his poor parents are allowing an adult to live in their house and he gets fired and is talking about running away?!? What kind of wuss is he?

mflacy

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2001
thanks guys my dad was cool about it and he swallowed the pain unlike my mom who still talked sh it after i came home... i really have no respect for her anymore cuz she brings down the whole family. now if i explain more it'll come back against me some how so i wont say anything except for that she is not a positive person at any situation. she thinks negative and alwys thinks she is perfect.

i will see later today what is availible and yes i will learn from this.. hopefully

What the fvck is there to be positive about you getting fired for being a dumbass?

smc13

Jan 5, 2005
DUDE omg you captalize the "running away" to a point where its just omg.. just stfu lol

I DID NOT MEAN RUNNING AWAY FROM HOME FOREVER, JUST FOR 1 NIGHT OR 2!

Exactly the problem. You aren't talking about taking responsibility for your actions and your life. You are only talking about trying to make your parents feel bad for yelling at you. I bet your parents are paying for your college, right? What will you do when they decide to stop paying for you because you got fired and then ran away for a couple of days. What you should do is apologize for being an idiot and ask to pay for some of your college by getting an on campus job.

richardycc

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001
dont resign, they bank is BSing you that it would look better on your resume, etc....If you resign, you can't collect unemployment, if you are fired, you can collect.

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002

Hopefully? Then you haven't learned anything from this.

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: richardycc
dont resign, they bank is BSing you that it would look better on your resume, etc....If you resign, you can't collect unemployment, if you are fired, you can collect.

If you are fired, you don't collect unemployment, only if you're laid off.

Argo

Lifer
Apr 8, 2000
Originally posted by: oldsmoboat
i feel so freaking depressed... got the boot from work today for being late and i feel really stupid for making these mistakes:-/ told my mom and she is angry bashing me how i am such a lowlife and i will never become anything:(

The grow the fvck up and take responsibility for your actions

you dont sayyyy?????? i know!

either that or go to my friends house.. i cannot take this kind of disrespect from my mom and i dont need that over again. she goes thru my life from day 1 !

She gave birth to you. She should be entitled to say whatever the f*ck she wants to. Now shut the f*ck up and go and grow up. Either that, or get used to being treated like dirt the rest of your life.

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
Well one thing is certain: You won't get a job that relies heavily on written communication.

daniel49

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2005
Originally posted by: oldsmoboat
DUDE omg you captalize the "running away" to a point where its just omg.. just stfu lol

I DID NOT MEAN RUNNING AWAY FROM HOME FOREVER, JUST FOR 1 NIGHT OR 2!
This is going to turn into an ATOT "Classic Thread".
mike
mike
mike

jonnylingo

Mar 31, 2005
I almost had some sympathy...until I read the thread on how to bypass the proxy server...

Wait...I might feel...nope...no sympathy...

Are your parents paying for college as well?

Maybe you should be a little more grateful for what you have.

-jonny