GOP Debate Live 2-13-16

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Virge_

Aug 6, 2013
lol @ these CBS commentators. Apparently the worst thing anyone did during this debate was Trump telling the truth for once, regarding Dubya.

I turned off the feed after they ended, the commenters are pure establishment bought and paid for asshats and have nothing to say of substance. If I wanted to hear a bunch of bullshit I'd go for some quality bullshit (searching for posts by Jhhnn, for example), not the Main Stream Media's bullshit.

Last edited:

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
lol @ these CBS commentators. Apparently the worst thing anyone did during this debate was Trump telling the truth for once, regarding Dubya.

The media angle seems to be that Trump stepped in dogshit by attacking Jeb and Dubya. Apparently they've learned nothing from the past 6 months.

Edit: Or maybe they are really clever and realizing that supporting Jeb will ultimately marginalize him even further.

Last edited:

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
lol. Jeb! "My state was hit with five hurricanes, seven tornadoes, six earthquakes, twelve oil spills."

Sounds more like God! doesn't like Jeb!

He probably had that line ready for Chris Christie's Hurricane Sandy bit, but it was too good to just not use it after Christie dropped out.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Your future consists of fuck and pussy being said left and right in politics?

Mr President what is your favorite meal? "Pussy"

Mr President what is your favorite activity? "Fucking"

That guy would have my vote.

In all seriousness they can stay relatively classy and still drop an F bomb or two every now and then but if it was during every speech and campaign stop I'd have issues.

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
I can simply nod and say we can agree to disagree, that this "decorum" you speak of is only shown to the public and I assure you the Politicians you refer to speak just like you and I when not on TV. Regardless of the fact that you cannot seem to understand I have not once said that I think profanity will be pervasive and that you continue to try to put those words in my mouth when my entire argument is wholly about free speech - your opinion on this matter certainly does not make me think ill of you at all.

I'm willing to concede and let you snag the last word on this matter if you wish, but I think I have nothing more to add than that.

You said:

"The" future very likely does, yes.

in response to:

Your future consists of fuck and pussy being said left and right in politics?

That would be pervasive profanity. You said I will be left behind in my thought that profanity doesn't have a place in public politics, which is why I asked if you thought those words would be used in the future. I was trying to get an idea of what you thought politics were going toward. We can agree to disagree.

Virge_

Aug 6, 2013
No. I don't believe to be omnipotent so I don't presume to know what the future holds, and believe anything is possible. I hold that it is ignorant to presume what the future is.

We can agree to disagree.

Yes.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
"The" future very likely does, yes.

And since I believe in free speech, it should.

In all fairness this isn't a free speech issue. The candidates are perfectly free to drop all the F bombs they want right now. Just like the voters are perfectly free to choose not to vote for the guy dropping F bombs every time they are on TV or can't hear what they are saying because of all the beeps.

Virge_

Aug 6, 2013
In all fairness this isn't a free speech issue. The candidates are perfectly free to drop all the F bombs they want right now. Just like the voters are perfectly free to choose not to vote for the guy dropping F bombs every time they are on TV or can't hear what they are saying because of all the beeps.

I agree.

I instinctively react negatively when someone has a bias because someone used profanity. It shows close-minded thinking, and I know very few close-minded people who I like.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Watching Fox News... they mentioned 80% of South Carolinians (or Republican South Carolinians, forgot which), had a positive view of Dubya, it will be interesting how this debate will affect Trump's numbers.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
RUBIOBOT_zpsb0ox9b0q.jpg

What's not to love?

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
After watching a dozen minutes of highlights here and there I am at a loss with this tragedy being played out under the banner of "Presidential Debate." In the age of YouTube and cheap digital storage (and whatever may have yet to come) the whole thing will be watched by interested future generation and they will shake their heads at this collective "performance" by the GOP presidential candidates.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I can't believe that anyone would seriously consider any of these classless clowns for President of the United States.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I caught the highlights and was thinking it should be on the Jerry Springer show.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
One thing Trump didn't mention is that Jeb! Bush is a founding member, along with Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Cheney, et al, of neo-conservative PNAC movement that gave us the debacles of the Bush years.

cyclohexane

Platinum Member
Feb 12, 2005
Why did trump get booed when he said there were no WMDs found in Iraq? Are people that delusional?

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
wow, just watched it and i swear i was waiting for someone to come out and say "live from NY, it's Saturday nighhhhhhhhhht" :eek:

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
holy fuck how many times are they going to say ronald reagan? was he a god or something. smdh.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Why did trump get booed when he said there were no WMDs found in Iraq? Are people that delusional?

Bush shills are. In the long-run, I think Trump is potentially the best thing that could happen to the Republican party in terms of moving away from that dynasty and trying to foster a new image.