GOP Debate live - 1-14-16

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
No, Not Immigrants.

Illegal Immigrants.
Nonsense. Conservatives have already tipped their hand on legal immigration by speaking out against H-1B visas and birthright citizenship.

FFS, a conservative pundit just opined that a natural born citizen, the Republican governor of a state, should be deported back to where her immigrant parents came from. It doesn't get much more anti-legal immigration than that.

Last edited:

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
To me, the most revealing was when Trump was talking about Trade and American workers getting creamed by Chinese protectionism, the rest responded with the usual Republican crap how tax cuts are going to solve all the problems. This is the difference between Trump and the rest (except maybe Kasich), he is talking about the actual issues that afflict the Republican blue collar base, while they are only talking about issues that Wall Street cares about.

100% agree.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Nonsense. Conservatives have already tipped their hand on legal immigration by speaking out against H-1B visas and birthright citizenship.

FFS, a conservative pundit just opined that a natural born citizen, the Republican governor of a state, should be deported back to where her immigrant parents came from. It doesn't get much more anti-legal immigration than that.

There are a few isolated nut jobs everywhere....

I am a conservative and I have no problems with legal immigrants.

I do feel we should deport every illegal or as many as possible. We should also do away with the anchor baby policy as it is used by illegal immigrants.

Fix the boarders.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
There are a few isolated nut jobs everywhere....

I am a conservative and I have no problems with legal immigrants.

I do feel we should deport every illegal or as many as possible. We should also do away with the anchor baby policy as it is used by illegal immigrants.

Fix the boarders.

The sheer number of illegals already in this country makes deportation impractical (and insanely expensive), while birthright citizenship (aka "anchor baby policy") is enshrined in the Constitution.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I'm watching the debate now and right off the bat these guys are already starting off with a lie. Cruz referenced billions of dollars being paid to Iran, that's a lie, it's their money/assests that we had frozen and as a part of the nuclear deal we would release those funds.

Christie also talking complete bullshit with regards to Iran. Complete great mongering!

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Holy shit, I have yet to see anyone say a fact yet and I'm only 11 minutes in.

Anyone want to back up any of Jebs claims in the first answer he addressed?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
It's delightful so far. If you find pissing-in-your-pants fear amusing.

DING! WE HAVE BENGAZI!!!! Plus we need to put more money into the military.

Do you hear the monkeys in the background cheering bush and his bullshit answers?

I love rubios pandering as well.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Lol@ Carson trying to describe the "new type of war" today! Yeah, he brought up an EMP weapon when talking about isis.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
So far in less than a half hour we have great mongering, conspiracy theories, calls of biased media, and ZERO, ZERO details on policies. This is what these candidates are bringing to the sixth debate?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Hmm...they are asked about Clinton and if she is an smaller, this must be one of those important questions the candidates have been clamoring for.

43 minutes in and I have yet to hear anything of substance.

Feb 4, 2009
Just saw a summary clip seemed like Cruz was shot out of a cannon Cruz

Not many conservatives come out of New York....just saying

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
More fear mongering around guns. Look out obama is going to take your guns! Rubio is convinced!

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
This is how idiotic this debate is; Christie said that this next election he will kick obama out of office and the crowd ate it up. I guess these dumbasses forgot obama will naturally be out of office regardless of who wins this election.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Wtf is Carson talking about with regards to bombing tankers? Does he not know that we are already doing that?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Can anyone explain the difference between Christie and hillarys plan for Syria? I can't.

Roflmouth

Golden Member
Oct 5, 2015
The sheer number of illegals already in this country makes deportation impractical (and insanely expensive), while birthright citizenship (aka "anchor baby policy") is enshrined in the Constitution.

No it isn't, better luck lying next time.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005

I said as many as possible.
Fix the border.

The Constitution should be amended to correct this error so that Illegal Immigrants cannot take advantage of it.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I love these small government conservatives trying to prove who is willing to spend the most money on the military!

This was absolutely the worst debate so far, no substance, no facts, and all attacks and pandering for applause lines!

Feb 4, 2009

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Goods from those other trading partners tend to be more expensive. And our trading relationship with China is a necessary one. They're the most populated country on earth.
Tariffs and protectionism always increase prices. You wouldn't be getting all that cheap stuff at Walmart if it wasn't for our trading relationship with China.
Exporting jobs to get cheaper shit is a downward cycle of doom. Who will buy the cheap shit? you still don't see it. You are in the camp that everybody has to go to college and all other jobs are loser jobs.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
They will self deport I'd you remove the jobs and free shit.