Google`s happy holidays Logo `Destroyed The Christmas Spirit`

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Maybe the mods should ban those who are posting these call out posts in so many threads. This is as annoying as incorruptible's posts and should be considered spamming the forum.
"Nothing like the Holidays to bring out the hate. I'm just glad I don't have to live with so much pent up hate like some who frequent this forum."

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
Incorruptible

I noticed all of the churches that I drove by today were closed. No parties there for the birthday boy. They probably all had their candlelight services last night so they didn't interfere with their congregation's pagan practices today.

I would bitch about them before I would the likes of Google if you are serious.

Oct 30, 2004
Google is saying happy holidays instead of Merry Christmas on their logo on the Google page and many people are upset over this and say this is hurtful to them.

With all of the world's problems, anyone who gets upset over this needs to grow up and get a life (or stop sucking the Christian Taliban pipe).

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Wow. It's sad that the few pathetic losers like the OP, give a shit what Google does. But it does put a smile on my face. Thanks! :)

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Google is saying happy holidays instead of Merry Christmas on their logo on the Google page and many people are upset over this and say this is hurtful to them.

But in Norway, Google Norway is wishing a Merry Christmas. Christmas is the only day that is celebrated on December 25, Hanukkah is over and Kwanzaa isn't until tomorrow as well both holidays aren't celebrated by the majority.

Google claims to do this not to offend people yet people who celebrate Christmas are offended and happy holidays makes no sense.

Google had no problem wishing people a happy Halloween even though some people are offended by it.

Google should do the right thing and wish people a Merry Christmas.

So why is Google doing this and do you agree that they should say Merry Christmas?

http://www.seroundtable.com/google-happy-holidays-christmas-16126.html

I think Google is a private company and they can say "Santa can lick my balls while baby Jesus gives me a rimjob" for all I care.

But of course, since they aren't supporting your religion they must be at WAR with it because that is exactly the same as not supporting it....

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
I dont want to force them though, I believe they should which is different.

As well remember that big business makes a lot of money from Christmas and its a very profitable time for them, they could at least be respectful to the holiday and say Merry Christmas

Wouldn't it be rather insulting for an entity to pretend to believe in something while they profit from it versus at least being honest and saying "its cool what yall believe and we aren't going to argue".

Seriously, if they are pretending to believe whatever you do just to make money off of you they are purely mocking you and your entire belief system. If they take a neutral stance, such as they did, at least they aren't mocking your religion and if you don't like the fact that they don't toe your exact line you are free to do business elsewhere. Isn't that how freedom works or do you disagree with that too?

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
I don't even want to picture the person whose "Christmas spirit" could be destroyed by a logo. That is just so sad and pathetic.

Lizardman

Golden Member
Jul 23, 2001
Glory and thanks on this wonderful day for a Saturnalia celebration. This is the wonderful tradition of celebrating the birth of Jesus 1000 years before he was even born.

SparkyJJO

Lifer
May 16, 2002
While I think the term "happy holidays" is silly PC stuff, getting all worked up over someone saying it - individual, business, or otherwise - is just as ridiculous as someone getting all butthurt over someone wishing them a merry Christmas. Chill out and Merry Christmas to you grumps :p

Apr 27, 2012
I don't even want to picture the person whose "Christmas spirit" could be destroyed by a logo. That is just so sad and pathetic.

If you read the article there were a lot of complaints over this though.

I believe people should say Merry Christmas but if someone says happy holidays to me I will respond back and correct them and make them feel stupid.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
...I believe people should say Merry Christmas but if someone says happy holidays to me I will respond back and correct them and make them feel stupid.
I seriously doubt that anyone trapped in a conversation with you could possibly mistake themselves for the stupid side of the exchange.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
If you read the article there were a lot of complaints over this though.

I believe people should say Merry Christmas but if someone says happy holidays to me I will respond back and correct them and make them feel stupid.

Expect the smart ones to correct you back.

A lot of morons complained.. and so?

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
I think its ridiculous to say "happy holiday" ON Christmas. I have a couple friends on facebook who wouldn't say Christmas today which is silly imo.

Google can do what they want and people can search where they want as well.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
I think its ridiculous to say "happy holiday" ON Christmas. I have a couple friends on facebook who wouldn't say Christmas today which is silly imo.

You say Happy Holidays to people, even on Xmas, because you still do not know if they celebrate and it is better to be inclusive of everyone than to say it to someone that doesn't celebrate. It is just polite.

Yes, people can search wherever they want. Good luck elsewhere.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
just go with "Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Joyous Festivous or all of the above"

but seriously quit getting all worked up because someone didn't greet you during the season the way you think they should... ingrates.

Apr 27, 2012

Bunch of idiots, what point are they trying to make?

Feb 10, 2000
Maybe the mods should ban those who are posting these call out posts in so many threads. This is as annoying as incorruptible's posts and should be considered spamming the forum.

Ridiculous. I literally could not agree less. Incorruptible is a full-time troll and deserves to be called out (and, IMO, banned).

Apr 27, 2012
Ridiculous. I literally could not agree less. Incorruptible is a full-time troll and deserves to be called out (and, IMO, banned).

That is insane, I am not a "full time troll" and I dont get paid. You disagree with me so would prefer to shut me down than debate. That is cowardly and typical of the left.

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
That is insane, I am not a "full time troll" and I dont get paid. You disagree with me so would prefer to shut me down than debate. That is cowardly and typical of the left.

70 posts and nobody backs you up in any way - that should tell you something.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Point to your last non-troll post. Either you're a troll or a fucking idiot. Which is it?

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Why are you still here hypocrite? Why are you continuing to support a business (Anantech) that is conspiring with the other evil secularists in your purported "war on Christmas"? We can only assume you don't believe your own BS, thus once again demonstrating that DVC is right and you are a pointless troll.

Last edited:

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Bunch of idiots, what point are they trying to make?

Being around Jewish friends yesterday, when we departed and they wished me a Merry Christmas, I returned with Happy Holidays.

Not hard to understand but for a trolling idiot like yourself, I know it's beyond comprehension.

I'm glad Google has ruffled your delicate feathers. I hope jihadwatch has developed their own search engine, navigation and other competing software for an asshat like yourself to use.