Google`s happy holidays Logo `Destroyed The Christmas Spirit`

Apr 27, 2012
Google is saying happy holidays instead of Merry Christmas on their logo on the Google page and many people are upset over this and say this is hurtful to them.

But in Norway, Google Norway is wishing a Merry Christmas. Christmas is the only day that is celebrated on December 25, Hanukkah is over and Kwanzaa isn't until tomorrow as well both holidays aren't celebrated by the majority.

Google claims to do this not to offend people yet people who celebrate Christmas are offended and happy holidays makes no sense.

Google had no problem wishing people a happy Halloween even though some people are offended by it.

Google should do the right thing and wish people a Merry Christmas.

So why is Google doing this and do you agree that they should say Merry Christmas?

http://www.seroundtable.com/google-happy-holidays-christmas-16126.html

May I ask, for what reason should this thread be locked? It seems that a lot of people have been participating in the thread & many of those participating don't want it locked. -Admin DrPizza

Last edited by a moderator:

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Google claims to do this not to offend people yet people who celebrate Christmas are offended and happy holidays makes no sense.
Did Google really claim this or are you just making shit up again? Anyway, Merry Christmas troll.

Nov 29, 2006

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Seriously? "Happy Holidays" is cool but today isn't "holiday", it's Christmas. Are we going to start telling Muslims "Holiday Mubarak"?

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
If you don't like Google and their message, you are free to use Yahoo, Bing and a host of others.....or, you can buy enough shares of the company and change the policy. Good luck OP.

Apr 27, 2012
Did Google really claim this or are you just making shit up again? Anyway, Merry Christmas troll.

This is the quote from Google

Thanks for the feedback. The Google Doodles are intended to make people smile and I'm sad to hear that this is severely upsetting the folks on this thread, even to the point of believing that this is "destroying the Christmas spirit." We're happy to pass along the feedback to the Doodlers.

It`s pretty obvious what there up to, why else would they do this when they didn't for the other days.

Merry Christmas to you too!

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
This is the quote from Google

It`s pretty obvious what there up to, why else would they do this when they didn't for the other days.
So you just made shit up, again. Thanks for the clarification. You can't be happy being as blessed as you are and just have to find a way to cast yourself and your tribe in the role of victim. Pretty lame way to go through life, always looking for offense, always hoping to be hurt.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Some people just look for things to be offended by...

The word "Holiday" is just a bastardization of "Holy Day," so I'm offended by Google's use of that word...:rolleyes:

They should just say "Happy Day!"

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Some people just look for things to be offended by...

The word "Holiday" is just a bastardization of "Holy Day," so I'm offended by Google's use of that word...:rolleyes:

They should just say "Happy Day!"
Day excludes night. Considering that Christmas is observed at the winter solstice, the longest night of the year (for the parts of the world that count), I'm offended!

basslover1

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2004
From Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson's twitter:

Holiday derives from Holy Day. So it's etymologically under-informed to assert that "Happy Holidays" does not reference God.

You're confusing a war on christmas with not always getting what you want.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
That would be too close to the hit TV show "Happy Days" and I would be pissed off to no end for that.:thumbsdown::mad:

Yeah...I was gonna say "Happy Days," but I figured SOMEONE would get their panties in a bunch over that...

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
It's not enough that Government kowtow to your religion. You now wish to force private corporations to do so as well.