Google`s happy holidays Logo `Destroyed The Christmas Spirit`

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 27, 2012
It's not enough that Government kowtow to your religion. You now wish to force private corporations to do so as well.

I dont want to force them though, I believe they should which is different.

As well remember that big business makes a lot of money from Christmas and its a very profitable time for them, they could at least be respectful to the holiday and say Merry Christmas

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005
I dont want to force them though, I believe they should which is different.

As well remember that big business makes a lot of money from Christmas and its a very profitable time for them, they could at least be respectful to the holiday and say Merry Christmas

And there are a lot of us that believe that you should mind your own business and keep your religious views to yourself. That doesn't stop you from doing the opposite.

As many have pointed out to you on several different occasions, your religion stole this celebration and many of its components from Pagans and are now trying to pretend that this is a holy day for you that everyone else must bow down and observe in a manner that you deem appropriate.

You have every right to commemorate your religion's theft of this day any way you want. You don't have any right to be pissed off at others that want to enjoy that same privilege.

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
Happy Holidays does make sense...cause it's the Holidays of xmas and new years so be happy!!
life could be worse ya know

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Maybe they just want to see if this will be the year Bill O'Reilly will go absolutely apeshit and self-immolate over the death of X-mas.... :rolleyes:

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
And there are a lot of us that believe that you should mind your own business and keep your religious views to yourself. That doesn't stop you from doing the opposite.

As many have pointed out to you on several different occasions, your religion stole this celebration and many of its components from Pagans and are now trying to pretend that this is a holy day for you that everyone else must bow down and observe in a manner that you deem appropriate.

You have every right to commemorate your religion's theft of this day any way you want. You don't have any right to be pissed off at others that want to enjoy that same privilege.

I tend to agree with you.

...but I also see what he means about people getting rich off of this day, though. It's extremely hypocritical for non-believers to give and take "in the spirit of Christmas" while in the same breath not wanting to direclty acknowledge it, or calling it stolen and false. Just sayin'....

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
This is the quote from Google

It`s pretty obvious what there up to, why else would they do this when they didn't for the other days.

Merry Christmas to you too!
Your previous "War on Christmas!!!!" thread exposed you as a ridiculous idiot. (Not that this was a secret.) A more intelligent person might have learned from that and perhaps become more judicious and thoughtful in picking topics in the future. You, on the other hand, have doubled down on your idiocy with another loser thread.

Here's a hint. Google is a private company. According to a corrupt Supreme Court many years ago, they are a "person" with all the same Constitutional rights as any other American. Therefore, they can say pretty much any damn thing they please. If you can't handle that, perhaps you should move to a country more in tune with your views. There are a number of Middle Eastern countries with the totalitarian theocracies you adore, for example.

In the meantime, your only recourse is putting your money where your mouth is. If Google offends you, boycott them. Take your searches somewhere else. If you continue to use Google, it just makes you a hypocrite. Similarly, I notice Anandtech has not a single hint of Christmas on its home page. No words, no graphics, zip, zero, zilch. In order to show you actually believe the noise you spew, you should IMMEDIATELY boycott Anandtech as well. Never visit this site. Never post here again.

Please?

It would make a great Christmas present for the intelligent people here.

Happy Holidays!

Paul98

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2010
Anyone who is offended by that needs to get a life. Really you are upset because a search engine doesn't say merry christmas...

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Your previous "War on Christmas!!!!" thread exposed you as a ridiculous idiot. (Not that this was a secret.) A more intelligent person might have learned from that and perhaps become more judicious and thoughtful in picking topics in the future. You, on the other hand, have doubled down on your idiocy with another loser thread.

Here's a hint. Google is a private company. According to a corrupt Supreme Court many years ago, they are a "person" with all the same Constitutional rights as any other American. Therefore, they can say pretty much any damn thing they please. If you can't handle that, perhaps you should move to a country more in tune with your views. There are a number of Middle Eastern countries with the totalitarian theocracies you adore, for example.

In the meantime, your only recourse is putting your money where your mouth is. If Google offends you, boycott them. Take your searches somewhere else. If you continue to use Google, it just makes you a hypocrite. Similarly, I notice Anandtech has not a single hint of Christmas on its home page. No words, no graphics, zip, zero, zilch. In order to show you actually believe the noise you spew, you should IMMEDIATELY boycott Anandtech as well. Never visit this site. Never post here again.

Please?

It would make a great Christmas present for the intelligent people here.

Happy Holidays!

Agree. Ignorance can be addressed, this is just outright stupidity.

OP, quit trying to force YOUR religion on others. That's exactly the kind of the idea this country was founded on, you know?

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Incorruptible, do you think maybe the problem isn't with Google and other people/companies that are trying to 'destroy Christmas' and it's more a problem with you being an oversensitive little bitch who cries little bitch tears?

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
I don't think people understand how hurtful the word holiday is. :( We're being persecuted by all the Jews and all the whack jobs who's religion isn't Christianity, even though we are kind enough to tolerate their presence in our America despite their religion being completely wrong and backwards. Being the Christian Caucasian male in this country is tougher than most people realize.

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005
I don't think people understand how hurtful the word holiday is. :( We're being persecuted by all the Jews and all the whack jobs who's religion isn't Christianity, even though we are kind enough to tolerate their presence in our America despite their religion being completely wrong and backwards. Being the Christian Caucasian male in this country is tougher than most people realize.

Can't tell if my sarcasm meter needs new batteries or completely replaced!

Apr 27, 2012
Incorruptible, do you think maybe the problem isn't with Google and other people/companies that are trying to 'destroy Christmas' and it's more a problem with you being an oversensitive little bitch who cries little bitch tears?

phokus do you think maybe the problem is with you being an oversensitive little bitch who cries little bitch tears whenever a Conservative does something wrong?

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Nothing like the Holidays to bring out the hate. I'm just glad I don't have to live with so much pent up hate like some who frequent this forum.

Random person. "Hey ,have a nice day now"

Random ATF idiot. "Day! Day? It's the Sabbath, how dare you call it a day!?"

Random person. "Ok. Fuck you buddy have a shitty one."

:D

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Google is saying happy holidays instead of Merry Christmas on their logo on the Google page and many people are upset over this and say this is hurtful to them.

But in Norway, Google Norway is wishing a Merry Christmas. Christmas is the only day that is celebrated on December 25, Hanukkah is over and Kwanzaa isn't until tomorrow as well both holidays aren't celebrated by the majority.

Google claims to do this not to offend people yet people who celebrate Christmas are offended and happy holidays makes no sense.

Google had no problem wishing people a happy Halloween even though some people are offended by it.

Google should do the right thing and wish people a Merry Christmas.

So why is Google doing this and do you agree that they should say Merry Christmas?

http://www.seroundtable.com/google-happy-holidays-christmas-16126.html

Pst... get down off the cross you stupid false Christian teat.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Looks like I'm late to the party today.
dont-feed-the-troll.jpg

Please mods, give us all a Christmas gift and,
banhim.jpg

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
I tend to agree with you.

...but I also see what he means about people getting rich off of this day, though. It's extremely hypocritical for non-believers to give and take "in the spirit of Christmas" while in the same breath not wanting to direclty acknowledge it, or calling it stolen and false. Just sayin'....

The tradition of exchanging gifts goes back at least to the celebration known as Saturnalia, which was many years prior to the birth of Christianity. It could go back before Saturnalia, I'm not sure.

Considering the amalgam of celebrations which make up "Christmas", it's inaccurate for anyone to think of "Christmas" as belonging to (not specific your but generic) your particular group. And I don't think anyone wants to discourage charitable acts and the strengthening of friend/family relationships by equating them to hypocrisy.

Is it hypocritical of me to bow my head when my wife says Grace at meals since I don't believe? Not in the slightest, I do it out of respect. It would be hypocritical to say I'm a Christian when I'm not; when I'm talking the talk and not walking the walk. Likewise charitable acts and the encouragement of performing them is not "owned" by any particular religion or spirituality; nor is it hypocritical for non-believers to perform them.

As far as calling it stolen or false; some of it is anonymous internet bravado, some a pissing match. The rest is simple recognition of known facts. Just as the Romans substituted Greek mythology with Roman mythology after conquering Greece, so too did Roman mythology get substituted by Christian mythology; mainly to help people assimilate but also as a power play by those pushing in charge.

Last edited:

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Only a worthless piece of shot would care what Google does with their logo. I mean, only someone with no joy in their life at all would give it a second thought, let alone take the time to voice their opinion regarding it.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Maybe the mods should ban those who are posting these call out posts in so many threads. This is as annoying as incorruptible's posts and should be considered spamming the forum.

Until Incorruptible is removed or leaves or the mods tell me not to I will continue to post them (possibly multiple times) in every single thread he makes.

Think of it as me doing my forum civic duty to warn others of the troll.