golf courses are too expensive

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Or try this:

EZ Links

Pick your day and your state. It's possible to find some really killer deals. You can get a lot of $50-$75 courses for $20-$40 with cart.

Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: Juno
i'm an avid golfer, i play a round of 18 holes like almost every saturday. in rochester, ny, there are A LOT of golf courses around. of course, rochester is a golf town, about five courses are members of PGA/LPGA. i would want to play a round at one of them but hell, the fees are like at least $200.

i found a cheap one, $20 for 18 holes plus $12 for a cart. $32 / 2 people = $16. :D:D

I got ya beat. If you bring a tax certificate as proof that you have paid taxes in Maui county, you can play this course for $8. YA RLY.

Ocean views from all 18 holes. Someday soon I'm gonna play hookie and try it out. Everyone I know who has played it says it's an incredible couse.

It's almost impossible to get a tee time though and forget about getting on as a single. It's like flying standby. You just have to be there when a thresome goes out. Or plan ahead.

Indolent

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2003
Originally posted by: Random Variable
It's hard to find golf courses in the northern Illinois/southern Wisconsin area that charge less than $50 for green fees. There are even quite a few no-name courses that charge $100+. Then you have a course like the Straits Course at Whistling Straits that charges $300 (plus the cost of a mandatory caddie). Golf seems to be returning to it's roots--a rich man's sport. I blame Tiger Woods and Abraham Lincoln.

Are you talking 18 holes with a cart? There's courses all over that are less than $50 for just greens fees. I'm not sure where you're looking...

try www.golf414.com for extra discounts. I think the its mainly for weekday teetimes though.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Joemonkey
Originally posted by: GagHalfrunt
Or try this:

https://specials.ezlinks.com/Specials.asp?1=specials">EZ Links</a>

Pick your day and your state. It's possible to find some really killer deals. You can get a lot of $50-$75 courses for $20-$40 with cart.

https://specials.ezlinks.com/Specials.asp?1=specials">Fixed link</a>

man a 2001 member messing up a link? Anyways, pretty sweet site!

Check your own "fixed link". I didn't mess up mine, the forum software here hoses it.

Try this instead folks:
EZ Links

And then click on "Tee Time Specials".