Girl flips judge the bird gets 30 days

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by echo4747, Feb 7, 2013.

1. MagnusTheBrewer

The thing is judges 'interpret' those rules and neither you or I get a say.

2. WelshBloke

WelshBloke Lifer

The level of bail isn't supposed to be used as a punishment.

3. Lepton87

Lepton87 Platinum Member

I think she should be allowed to take as much Xanax as she wants, she's not harming anyone. I took Xanax and wouldn't even call it a drug, it just makes you less nervous if you don't have anxiety issues if you do it also relieves that. In high doses it can also make you sleepy, big deal. Alcohol affects your behavior WAY more just like THC. Our freedom is diminishing very fast.

4. zanejohnson

zanejohnson Diamond Member

yep this right here..

she's the victim here, of the faux drug war in this country... which is in disguise just a way for private prisons to profit, and an attempt to prop up our totally corrupt medical industry by creating fake competition between big pharma and the black market..

she is the victim here.

5. sixone

sixone Lifer

It wasn't punishment. He was trying to teach her that she got herself into some serious trouble, in the only way he's allowed. Criminal court is not a joke or a party place, as he explained to her.

She got the message. Hopefully, it'll persuade her to get the help she so desperately needs, and she won't be back with new charges.

6. sixone

sixone Lifer

Horsefeathers. She made her choices, and these are the consequences.

7. sourceninja

sourceninja Diamond Member

The lawyer in that picture looks like the kind of guy I'd want to represent me...or a homeless man in a suit, I'm not sure which.

8. GagHalfrunt

GagHalfrunt Lifer

On the contrary, we do get a say, albeit in a roundabout way. Judges on that level are appointed by politicians and those politicians are slaves to public opinion. If a judge embarrasses his court with a flippant attitude towards his job and the video gets out the people who watch the video get a say in what happens next. There was enough controversy about the unprofessional way that he handled that situation that it's fairly likely that the mayor or councilman who controls who gets that position wanted this taken care of quickly and amicably.

9. MagnusTheBrewer

In the meantime, you're STILL going to spend 30 days in the hole. Amending or vacating a judges decision in as little as a month is lightning fast. And, the behavior of this judge comes nowhere near the level for any such reaction.

10. GagHalfrunt

GagHalfrunt Lifer

WTF is talking about vacating a decision? Councilman sees video, councilman sees shitstorm building, councilman calls judge and says "if I see you acting like that on video again my idiot brother-in-law gets your post and you go back to chasing ambulances. Now make this go away..."

*poof* it goes away. Everyone is going to cover their own ass and while the people who appoint judges don't give a damn about the cases they most assuredly care about bad press that could splatter back onto them.

11. zanejohnson

i'd say he violated the constitution...

used bond as a form of cruel and unusual punishment...

not fit to uphold the law.

#111 zanejohnson, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  12. MagnusTheBrewer

First, not every place has a political machine in the way you describe. Second, in the places that do, do you REALLY think the social media has that kind of power in the time frame were talking about? In those places, money talks not, public opinion.

This just in, the majority of folks don't make decisions based on social media, the majority of folks don't even consider social media period. How many people do anything other than whine online? In short, I think you vastly overrate the influence of social media because next week there will be another event to grab the attention of folks who live online.

13. sixone

sixone Lifer

Five minutes on Google would have educated you out of this fantasy you've created.

Judges in the Miami-Dade circuit court are elected to six-year terms. This particular judge comes up for reelection in 2017. By then, no one will remember his name.

14. _Rick_

_Rick_ Diamond Member

Maybe this requires a judge-wiki, where such information is made available to the public, and rendered unforgettable.

15. Capt Caveman

Capt Caveman Lifer

Good to see that you dope heads stick together.

16. Capt Caveman

Capt Caveman Lifer

:biggrin:

17. kage69

kage69 Lifer

I have zero sympathy for people who mouth off to judges. Outright insults? lol,

Actually kind of weak compared to what some judges do to those who want to argue, she probably would have gotten worse had she been an adult.

18. zanejohnson

she is an adult... she was in county jail..

19. Corporate Thug

20. BUTCH1

BUTCH1 Lifer

Yea, OK, tased is a little over the top but IDK how she can't understand that kind of disrespect can be trouble..

21. s0me0nesmind1

s0me0nesmind1 Diamond Member

to be honest, I love the judge provoking for more. If you're dumb enough to fall for it - you deserve more. I just wish they would contribute more money instead of contribute to taking my tax dollars rotting in a prison.

22. BUTCH1

BUTCH1 Lifer

I agree, she should have gotten like 7 days and 175 hrs community service..

23. WelshBloke

WelshBloke Lifer

The level of bail isn't supposed to be used to teach someone a lesson either.

24. AmdEmAll

AmdEmAll Diamond Member

Yes but the withdrawal symptoms are absolute hell depending on your dosage.

Oh and this chick is smoking hot... so tiny.

25. OBLAMA2009

OBLAMA2009 Diamond Member