Question Gigabyte GA-Z77-DH3: USB ports and DPC Latency

N03L

Apr 15, 2020
Hiya.
I've been struggling to make any music since I upgraded to Windows 10 due to very poor performance from my USB audio I/O.
I've had a Propellerheads 'Balance' audio interface since it was released and I love it but as soon as I got Windows 10, things got bad. Really bad.
The stutters, glitches and general 'noise' generated by the audio buss was so bad that I bought a Focusrite 2i4 to replace it, assuming that it must be the device finally giving up but, as soon as I plugged the Focusrite in, it did the same.
I've spent months trying to work around it and trying to find answers and the closest I've come is finding many others with issues in Win 10, specifically in USBPORT.SYS, the USB 1.1 and 2.0 driver provided by Micro$oft.

Does anyone have any experience or any suggestions as to how I might deal with this, other than to replace the mobo, CPU, cooler and RAM?

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
The default Windows 10 USB drivers are usually fine, so I don't think it's that.

That said, the last drivers for that board were released in 2015, with the last BIOS update released in January 2014. So to say that board is no longer supported would be an understatement.

You might need to search around various sites for chipset updates, or roll it back to your previous OS.

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GA-Z77-D3H-rev-10/support#support-dl