Germany: Israel must refrain from new settlements

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
The other sticking point is Jerusalem. Israel will never give up any part of it, and seriuosly, no one should expect them to do so. The only way I say Israel should give part of Jerusalem is if Mecca and the Vatican are divided up as well. One third to each major religion. Muslims would NEVER give up ANY of their most holy city to any other religion and the Vatican would not do it as well, which is understandable. The Jews should not be expected to give up any of their most holy city to any other religion either.

Jerusalem is a magical place to almost everyone. (Well, you know, on this side of the pond and scattered sparsely around the globe
As just a city on a map, who knows where it will end up

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
JEDIYoda, and EagleKeeper, yet again displaying a penchant for being totally out to lunch and in a fantasy world upon this topic.

Germany does know better than your penchants as enablers of criminals will allow.

Germany's statements are correct. This from a state that attempted to enact a now criminalised policy of lebenstraum, of the very ilk that Zionist Israelis continue to now enact:

Such analogous condemnation is growing from within Israel, itself:

Other states that have invaded and annexed territory have been ignored for that past 60 years? What ripe hyperbole you hold to...

The typical lies that have long been refuted, and directly to you upon this forum. In all argumentative bluster, you choose not to heed such grounded and accurate reality.

Those with criminal tendencies choose to ignore and negate morality and law.

Poor, poor, Israel, who to date, for its crimes has only endured the sporadic and harsh words. ...Of course in addition to a portion of reacting and militant insurgents enduring criminal occupation.

Directly because of Germany's actions in World War II were new international laws written and ratified (also by Israel) that deem an annexation of territory through warfare (regardless if ones whines of initially being on the defence) to be a high crime of aggression:

On the very basis of committing such high crimes, Israel has also received multiple condemnations from successfully passed resolutions from the United Nations Security Council:

Such condemnation has long opened a path for international action to be taken upon Israel. That remains the problem -- the lack of state efforts to work beyond words to punish Israel for its continued crimes. With growing displeasure and condemnation of the continuing belligerent actions and tendencies of this current Israeli government , I do see hope that coercive pressure will finally be brought to bear upon the state of Israel

In all honesty, fuck Israel as an internationally aggressive and criminal state. It certainly warrants such state levelled criticism and finally widespread and organised sanctions, upon the lines that South Africa endured.

As Israel continues with Zionist expansion, Israel is damned.

Problem with the link you posted -- United Nations Resolution 242 (November 1967) - The situation in the Middle East:

UN Resolutions ONLY are supposedly binding upon how member states treat each other.....
Not how they treat non - member states. Even then aggression is aggression and IMo any nation that attacks another nation and loses does not deserve to get back what they lost!!

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Problem with the link you posted -- United Nations Resolution 242 (November 1967) - The situation in the Middle East:

UN Resolutions ONLY are supposedly binding upon how member states treat each other.....
Not how they treat non - member states. Even then aggression is aggression and IMo any nation that attacks another nation and loses does not deserve to get back what they lost!!

That argument will get shot down because

• Egypt and Jordan did not "own" the areas, they were stewards of it because the Arabs did not want the Palestinians to be a state while Israel existed - they wanted it completely.
  • The Palestinians are not a nation, so how can they be held responsible as a nation for their actions.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Pardon me if I observe, we have at least three running threads on Israeli Palestinians issues and this is the oldest as it started 12/20/2011. Allowing endless repetition of bad reasoning on all sides.

Because international pressure has forced both Israel and Palestinians to keep the Jordanian talks open until 3/6/2012, I am mainly looking to see if Israel will be finally forced to impose a total settlement freeze? If not, events could turn very ugly for Israel.
On an issue the UN is finally being forced to confront when the stakes are far higher.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Since it doesn't come up much, I'll use this thread to make a comment:

I'm very impressed with a lot of things about Israel.

Their technological industry and their anti-terrorism skills are two areas that stand out that they're especially capable in.

They successfully have enough freedom to have a vibrant 'left' who is against important policies. In ways, they stand out well in the region.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Since it doesn't come up much, I'll use this thread to make a comment:

I'm very impressed with a lot of things about Israel.

Their technological industry and their anti-terrorism skills are two areas that stand out that they're especially capable in.

They successfully have enough freedom to have a vibrant 'left' who is against important policies. In ways, they stand out well in the region.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Craig234, I can only partially agree with you. There are many Israeli virtues to admire, but sadly Israel has built its whole State on the basis of theft of Palestinian land and total hostility to all its neighbors.

A totally unsustainable basis for sustaining an Israeli State in any long term.

I agree with you Craig, Israel has the potential to become a positive force in the mid-east but instead decides to dedicate itself to becoming ever more repugnant. Not very wise on the part of Israel, when Uncle Sucker and many of Israel's former backers are really wondering about Israeli stupidity and extremism.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Jerusalem is a magical place to almost everyone. (Well, you know, on this side of the pond and scattered sparsely around the globe
As just a city on a map, who knows where it will end up

I can guarentee you that the Israelis will fight as hard to keep it as the Muslims would fight to keep Mecca.

It is staying in Israel, there is no other option which can be entertained.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Germany and Japan started wars. Palestinians didn't.

You are basically correct. When all the surrounding Arab nations invaded Israel with the intention of anhilliating it, there was no such thing as a Palestinian. However, the people who later became called Palestinians did side with the Arab invaders more than once.

Karl Agathon

Golden Member
Sep 30, 2010
I can guarentee you that the Israelis will fight as hard to keep it as the Muslims would fight to keep Mecca.

It is staying in Israel, there is no other option which can be entertained.

There will be a "Samson Option" event before they ever give up Jerusalem.

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Germany and Japan started wars. Palestinians didn't.

The Palestinian people provided close to 40% of the Arab forces aligned against Israel.

While that may not be starting it; they sure were not staying out of it.

After all, they were promised all of Israel once the fighting stopped.

And since they do not have it all; they have not stopped the fighting.

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Craig234, I can only partially agree with you. There are many Israeli virtues to admire, but sadly Israel has built its whole State on the basis of theft of Palestinian land and total hostility to all its neighbors.

A totally unsustainable basis for sustaining an Israeli State in any long term.

I agree with you Craig, Israel has the potential to become a positive force in the mid-east but instead decides to dedicate itself to becoming ever more repugnant. Not very wise on the part of Israel, when Uncle Sucker and many of Israel's former backers are really wondering about Israeli stupidity and extremism.

Hostility is when you are continually being attacked for existing :p