Gentlemen - tomorrow is my maiden voyage - wish me luck plz!!!

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Why is this a 6 page thread? Fuck this guy he's an idiot who doesn't drive a motorcycle and doesn't garden. WTF guys he's trolling you.
Well, excuse me!

How else are we supposed to get our daily shitpost fix?

Salty is the ATOT version of Old Faithful......you can set your watch to the time the next shitpost comes.

Will it be about margaritas? Soap? Gardens? Mulch and soil? Shaving? Sunburns? Neighbors parking cars in front of their house?

Nobody ever knows for sure, and that's exactly what makes his shitposting the best around!

giphy.gif

Reactions: nakedfrog

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Well, excuse me!

How else are we supposed to get our daily shitpost fix?

Salty is the ATOT version of Old Faithful......you can set your watch to the time the next shitpost comes.

Will it be about margaritas? Soap? Gardens? Mulch and soil? Shaving? Sunburns? Neighbors parking cars in front of their house?

Nobody ever knows for sure, and that's exactly what makes his shitposting the best around!

giphy.gif

Let us not forget the epic thread about importing a cargo ship full of potassium nitrate:

Or buying a cargo ship because shipping that much potassium nitrate would be expensive...

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Let us not forget the epic thread about importing a cargo ship full of potassium nitrate:

Or buying a cargo ship because shipping that much potassium nitrate would be expensive...
Yup, people can say many things about a Salty thread, but one thing they can't say is that they aren't an entertaining read!

If it was anybody else who said they were going to buy / pick up a motorcycle, only a few people stop in and say boring generic things like "Nice bike", or "I love the chrome".

However, it would never turn into a seven page circus show like this one. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Yup, people can say many things about a Salty thread, but one thing they can't say is that they aren't an entertaining read!

If it was anybody else who said they were going to buy / pick up a motorcycle, only a few people stop in and say boring generic things like "Nice bike", or "I love the chrome".

However, it would never turn into a seven page circus show like this one. :)

Not to mention at least two threads in "The Garage."

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Why is this a 6 page thread? Fuck this guy he's an idiot who doesn't drive a motorcycle and doesn't garden. WTF guys he's trolling you.
And there's nothing ATOT appreciates more than a good troll, they're scarce these days.

Reactions: Captante

Motostu

Oct 5, 2020
This thread has inspired me to get one of our bikes out this weekend.

Wish me luck! (in actually getting it started)

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Your first stop should be to a lawyer's office to make a will. Just in case. :p
It's actually better to establish a living revocable trust so you skip probate on many things.

The grantor is his/her own trustee while he/she lives. Then when she dies, the named substitute trustee can take over.

The grey hairs on these forums should have all set one up by now.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
This thread has inspired me to get one of our bikes out this weekend.

Wish me luck! (in actually getting it started)
Pics or it didn't happen. Hoping for pics. I have to live vicariously through your vroom vroom adventures now.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
It's actually better to establish a living revocable trust so you skip probate on many things.

The grantor is his/her own trustee while he/she lives. Then when she dies, the named substitute trustee can take over.

This, in my experience, is true. My in-laws had one and both died in the same year. When the 2nd one died we sent the court a copy of the trust and a copy of the death certificate. Then we divvied up the assets as directed in the trust. The heirs got the money, and the lawyers got zero.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Doesn't have to be blood or familial individuals.
You can name entities, friends, lawyer, corporation.

Property can be ordered to be transferred to a charity as well.

Your dog, your cat, your garbage man, snoopy7548, your rocking chair.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Dibs on his container of ammonium nitrate! You all can wrestle over his pube soap.