GeForce Titan coming end of February

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempered81

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2007
Someone correct me if I'm calculating this wrong. So, hypothetically the Titan will be 85% of the 690.

Should use a more recent review with the newest drivers from both teams - like this Jan 24th GTX 670 review:
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/EVGA/GTX_670_FTW_Signature_2/27.html

Geforce Titan would be 38 FPS here:
crysis2_5760_1080.gif

Titan would be 131% here:
perfrel_1920.gif

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
I'll take 4 of them... for my 1 monitor. Thank you very much!

Hehe, right on :thumbsup: But don't you feel you could harness that incredible power a bit more on 3 screens? Just sayin ;)

The only thing holding me back are bezels....when the perfect slim bezel IPS panel is released then i'll take the plunge.

Black Octagon

Golden Member
Dec 10, 2012
I'll take 4 of them... for my 1 monitor. Thank you very much!

What a waste...unless you're planning something silly like maxed out 1440p with 32x SGSSAA all while maintaining 120fps minimum in Crysis 3 (and even then it's a waste)

Last edited:

Tempered81

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2007
Totally not a waste! Crysis 1/2, Metro 2033, Dragon Age, and all the top-end PC games on a 30" with SGSSAA, Sweet FX, and maximum In-game settings. 120HZ, no bezels and hardly ever dip below <100 FPS? Sounds like gaming heaven bra.

Fullscreen%2520capture%25201242013%2520100709%2520AM.bmp.jpg

Last edited:

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
Should use a more recent review with the newest drivers from both teams - like this Jan 24th GTX 670 review:
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/EVGA/GTX_670_FTW_Signature_2/27.html

Geforce Titan would be 38 FPS here:
crysis2_5760_1080.gif

Titan would be 131% here:
perfrel_1920.gif

OK. So, it would be ~44% faster at surround resolutions in Crysis 2 and overall about 31% faster at 1920*1200. This of course is not taking dual GPU overhead and variable scaling in to account for the relative performance at 1920*1200. Just some sort of idea of what 85% of the 690 is relative to the 680. 85% as fast as a 690 sounds better than 31% faster overall than the 680.

Ferzerp

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
LOL< I just realised you have a 3TB array made up of 6 SSD?.....You must be made of money.....2 x 690?...holy f**k batman!

Err, made of money? Computers are one of the cheapest hobbies one can have.

Mosey over to the garage forum every now and then... ;)

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
How much per month is the car payment on the Mustang? Now thats gotta be pretty expensive.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Remind me, why does how much someone spends on something so important? You must have had a reason to bring it up. Perhaps that reason is personal?

Ferzerp

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Remind me, why does how much someone spends on something so important? You must have had a reason to bring it up. Perhaps that reason is personal?

Perhaps someone said a computer was expensive.

Perhaps I was pointing out that what people spend on other hobbies shows a computer is not expensive. Perhaps I told him where to look to see examples.

Perhaps you're trying to create motivations that don't exist after specifically calling out my particular vehicle when I was just pointing the guy to a forum.

Perhaps you're attempting to incite and failing.

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
Our perception of cheap and expensive is primed by what is on sale right now and we compare prices to the relatively cheapest out there. 10 years ago the entry level for a PC was £1000, and many would happily pay that. In todays money that is £2000, yet trying to get my sister to spend more than £350 is a nightmare because the slowest got much cheaper over the last decade.

Very few industries go through this massive reduction in price and great increase in capability and as hobbies go even on the extreme end its not that expensive in absolute terms. If your a millionaire you can't get a better PC than someone who earns 50k a year. But when you have no job or money its expensive, or when you start to try and put it alongside other expensive hobbies and pursuits it can get a smaller part of the budget.

Consider what £1000 a year would get you in terms of PC performance. You could get 1-2 high end GPUs and 1 new platform with top end CPU every 2 years. Whether that amount of spend is worth it depends how much time you spend gaming and in front of your PC.

This titan probably wont get bought on my end. While I like the additional performance for its cost its not exactly good value for money and I loose £150 in water blocks everytime I upgrade. I'll probably do so once they have 100% performance increase on offer or any obvious improvement in AFR smoothness! I dont imagine we will see that until the next process is released.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Perhaps someone said a computer was expensive.

Perhaps I was pointing out that what people spend on other hobbies shows a computer is not expensive. Perhaps I told him where to look to see examples.

Perhaps you're trying to create motivations that don't exist after specifically calling out my particular vehicle when I was just pointing the guy to a forum.

Perhaps you're attempting to incite and failing.

I've been on this forum just as long as you. Identifying motives in a post isn't that hard. You don't like me. I get it.

Someone said my PC was expenstive. You pointed them to the garage where you knew there were posts about your vehicle. You didn't need to include anything specific. The intent was clear. The need to do so is what's baffling.

2is

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2012
I've been on this forum just as long as you. Identifying motives in a post isn't that hard. You don't like me. I get it.

Someone said my PC was expenstive. You pointed them to the garage where you knew there were posts about your vehicle. You didn't need to include anything specific. The intent was clear. The need to do so is what's baffling.

From someone on the outside of this debate looking in, I'd have to agree with this assessment.

Ferzerp

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999

You're imagining things. There are posts about vehicles. Mine happens to be *a* vehicle. Vehicles cost more than computers (gasp). People spend a lot on vehicles that are a hobby. There is no PC on this forum that requires one to be "made of money". Perspective is needed if that is the case. If you thought I was alluding to my personal vehicle, out of the thousands of posts on the garage board, I'm not sure what to tell you. The only one who brought up *my* vehicle is you, and I nicely answered your question.

We get it, you like to brag about spending money on computer parts. That's your thing. Brag about your computer parts. Assuming another is bragging about something is just projecting on your part, however.

I have no opinion about you one way or another. Why on earth would I? I have no clue who you are or what you're about other than you want people to think you buy expensive computer parts. That's pretty vacuous, but not enough for me to care one way or the other.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
You're imagining things. There are posts about vehicles. Mine happens to be *a* vehicle. Vehicles cost more than computers (gasp). People spend a lot on vehicles that are a hobby. There is no PC on this forum that requires one to be "made of money". Perspective is needed if that is the case. If you thought I was alluding to my personal vehicle, out of the thousands of posts on the garage board, I'm not sure what to tell you. The only one who brought up *my* vehicle is you, and I nicely answered your question.

We get it, you like to brag about spending money on computer parts. That's your thing. Brag about your computer parts. Assuming another is bragging about something is just projecting on your part, however.

I have no opinion about you one way or another. Why on earth would I? I have no clue who you are or what you're about other than you want people to think you buy expensive computer parts. That's pretty vacuous, but not enough for me to care one way or the other.

But you do care... one way or the other.

Let's just drop this and let people talk about the Titan. I'm resigning from this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.