Gays and Their Damn Wedding Cakes! 12/5 for SCOTUS Arguments

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Who could have guessed that others would see the publicity of what happened last time and continue to try and troll him with other politically divisive things.
Yeah, that's what happens when you're an asshole on a national stage.

She was also testing what he'd testified to in court, so maybe he should be charged with perjury too.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
It's crazy that when you run a business that the law defines as a place of public accommodation that you need to actually, you know, accommodate the public.

Reactions: Brainonska511
Nov 8, 2012
It's crazy that when you run a business that the law defines as a place of public accommodation that you need to actually, you know, accommodate the public.

Try accommodating some brain cells instead - this isn't a matter of someone going in and him saying "Sorry I don't serve your kind 'round here".

Both the gay couple and the trans could gladly have bought a generic cake from him. Instead they wanted to push boundaries in a direct effort to troll and cause conflict.

Imagine if you're an artist and someone came in and said they wanted you to make a painting of you (the artist) performing a sexual act on someone else. Do you have half a brain - wait scratch that we know the answer there - but do you have any sanity to give the correct answer as to if that is an acceptable request or not?

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
Try accommodating some brain cells instead - this isn't a matter of someone going in and him saying "Sorry I don't serve your kind 'round here".

Both the gay couple and the trans could gladly have bought a generic cake from him. Instead they wanted to push boundaries in a direct effort to troll and cause conflict.

Imagine if you're an artist and someone came in and said they wanted you to make a painting of you (the artist) performing a sexual act on someone else. Do you have half a brain - wait scratch that we know the answer there - but do you have any sanity to give the correct answer as to if that is an acceptable request or not?
So he was asked to create a cake with people having sex?!?! I totally missed that. Maybe your example could have been a photographer taking a pciture of a gay couple and using that as the basis of the argument versus something so wildly outlandish.

I can see why conservatives are so fearful of everything. It like they get cranked from 2 to 11 instantly.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015

Like, what if I walk into a mechanic store and say they I want the mechanic to weld a muffler onto their face?!? Duh, brain cells or whatever!

So he was asked to create a cake with people having sex?!?! I totally missed that. Maybe your example could have been a photographer taking a pciture of a gay couple and using that as the basis of the argument versus something so wildly outlandish.

I can see why conservatives are so fearful of everything. It like they get cranked from 2 to 11 instantly.
They've been trained to scream at their own shadow, as you can witness with pretty much every post by n0b0dy.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

A more comparable example would be to commission the artist to paint a box blue on the outside and pink on the inside.

This case is one where I think the Colorado law goes too far, however.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999

He's hardly an artist.

Has he made a pink cake before? Has he used blue frosting before? If the answer is yes he is capable of making it. If he doesn't make pink cake he just needs to say "I don't make colored cakes, sorry." Instead of "I don't believe in transgenders, no cake for you."

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007

Your insults are childish. Your contributions to conversations are nonexistent. You bring nothing to this forum. Normally I ignore trolls such as you, as I have done in your case for years, but I grow weary of your "antics." Welcome to the ignore list.