Garbage Can Full of Water Prank

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
That's pretty assinine. If the guy has hardwood floors the water could seep under them and warp the boards.

Cogman

Lifer
Sep 19, 2000
Destruction of property is not funny. I can get a chuckle out of flaming dog poo on the front porch, but this is just cruel and potentially expensive for the home owner.

Oct 27, 2007
His reaction did get a laugh out of me, but I firmly believe that you should only ever play pranks on people you know well. And after you've played a prank you own up to it to give them the opportunity to get more creative on your ass.

Bignate603

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
That's pretty assinine. If the guy has hardwood floors the water could seep under them and warp the boards.

It wouldn't have to be hardwood. If you soak down many of the materials that are used for a subfloor they'll swell and never be the same again.

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
We used to do that weekly in the barracks when I was in school at 29 palms, right before field day room inspection for the person getting pranked. Not only did they have to mop up the water, but they failed room inspection too.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
yea thats not cool

Yep. Pranks aren't cool if they can cause damage, and while spilling a glass of water is harmless - spilling 30+ gallons of water is asking for problems - even with carpeting, that much water is likely to soak into a large area of the padding, and spread onto a large area of the floorboards underneath.
If there's tile, that water will just spread out - so if it's a large, large area of tile (and not just like 6sqft at the entry), then it's just a nuisance and pain in the ass to wipe it all up.

So, if you know the person, and know the floor is all tile... it's a decent prank.

Last edited:

911paramedic

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
We used to do that weekly in the barracks when I was in school at 29 palms, right before field day room inspection for the person getting pranked. Not only did they have to mop up the water, but they failed room inspection too.

We were up all night getting ready for personnel inspection from the CO, and then our roommate staggered in still drunk from the night before and passed out on his rack. We sewed him to the sheets. (Pics are in a box somewhere in my garage.)

Dec 10, 2005
I'm surprised he opened the door in the middle of the night, without at least checking out a window to see what was out there.

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
bunch of tight asses you guys are. this was hilarious. and it was pretty obvious the guy was a crazy asshole, which is why the kids did it in the first place.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
bunch of tight asses you guys are. this was hilarious. and it was pretty obvious the guy was a crazy asshole, which is why the kids did it in the first place.

You would voluntarily do something that could cause *real* property damage to the home?

People who are assholes deserve modest pranks, but nobody deserves something that can cause costly damage to the home itself.

Might as well just throw a rock through the window.. I mean, that's an awesome prank, am I right?
:rolleyes:

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Semi amusing in thought, not really cool in practice though. That much water could do a lot of damage.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
I used to do stupid pranks like this as a kid. Hung out with the wrong people, I still feel guilty over not doing anything to prevent them and thinking I needed to play along because they were the "cool kids".

Granted, I don't think anything I did ever caused financial damage

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
You would voluntarily do something that could cause *real* property damage to the home?

People who are assholes deserve modest pranks, but nobody deserves something that can cause costly damage to the home itself.

Might as well just throw a rock through the window.. I mean, that's an awesome prank, am I right?
:rolleyes:

water on the floor, wahhhhhhh

Pardus

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2000
like others said, this is not funny at all, it's immature. if the kids who did this live local, the cops will find them soon after.