[GAMING SETUP] PICS Required - PC / Console

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
My little corner.

compy1.jpg

compy2.jpg

computer.jpg

Love the cozy warm feel. :thumbsup: I especially like the lighting.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Need a newer router.

why? this one works fine supports GigE and 99% of my stuff is hardwired

the only thing that isn't is my phone and I don't do anything with my phone

I actually have 2 of them, one is on the first floor and this one the 3rd. 3rd floor one is hooked into a 8port and 5 port switch to allow more things to be hooked up

stockwiz

Sep 8, 2013
5.1 Surround Setup. Subwoofer in rear. Phone takes poor low light pictures but you get the drift. Memory foam bean bag is a 7 foot 'cozy sac' I got on amazon. Keyboard goes in lap. Mouse goes on a mouse pad which sits on the bean bag to the right of myself. They are hidden completely behind the right surround speaker in this picture which I didn't plan it just turned out that way. TV is 60 inch.

20150807_150154_Medium.jpg

Last edited:

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
why? this one works fine supports GigE and 99% of my stuff is hardwired

the only thing that isn't is my phone and I don't do anything with my phone

I actually have 2 of them, one is on the first floor and this one the 3rd. 3rd floor one is hooked into a 8port and 5 port switch to allow more things to be hooked up

Talking about the blue / black Linksys. Is that a switch? I don't think it would support GigE without some serious mods...right?

Gave up my custom firmware WRT54G/S routers a few years ago.

I don't think I have a single device on 2.4GHz WiFi in my apartment. 5GHz 802.11n/ac for mobile devices and gigabit Ethernet for everything else.

- Desktop PC (has AC WiFi, but I use a wired connection)

- iPad mini 2 retina (5GHz N WiFi)

- iPhone 6 Plus (AC WiFi)

- Brother's iPhone 6 Plus (AC WiFi)

- Brother's Alienware m11x r3 notebook w/ upgraded WiFi (N WiFi, not sure if 5GHz)

- Apple TV 3rd gen (wired)

- Amazon Fire TV Stick (5GHz N WiFi)

- PS3 (wired, if I ever use Internet at all)

- Brother HL-2170W laser printer (wired)

Last edited:

sxr7171

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2002
Talking about the blue / black Linksys. Is that a switch? I don't think it would support GigE without some serious mods...right?

I don't think I have a single device on 2.4GHz WiFi in my apartment. 5GHz 802.11n/ac for mobile devices and gigabit Ethernet for everything else.

- Brother's Alienware m11x r3 notebook w/ upgraded WiFi (N WiFi, not sure if 5GHz)

Do you have a Nest thermostat?

Rhezuss

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2006
I have two rooms in the basement dedicated to gaming of all sorts (gf is semi thirlled about that :p)

XBox One Room
2hM5dnw.jpg

Gaming Room

feFkjcl.jpg

yiNNWZQ.jpg

PrincessFrosty

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2008
www.frostyhacks.blogspot.com
is this new benq 4k really better than the old dell 30" ?

Yep, it's slightly larger at 32", the IPS panel is slightly superior in colour and more importantly for gaming it has a 4ms pixel response time rather than the dell which has 8ms, that helps get ghosting down to better levels. It's also 4k UHD over 2560x1600 which despite the larger size gives it a much higher PPI and so gives much crisper pictures, lower levels of AA are required for a good image quality in games. It's harder to power and sometimes struggles with a single high end GPU but overall I'm extremely pleased with the upgrade.

Of course the 30" dell served me well for nearly 8 years and so I have a soft spot for it, it held it's own for a long time and is still an absolutely fantastic panel which is why I'm keeping it.

.zip

Aug 10, 2015
I see some really beautiful stuff here
Sorry for no image, but is just a black box :D
Costed something like $900 3 years ago and is ready to kick the face of any console!

Sorry for the unfair comparison but some ppl ask for it :p

Last edited:

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
gDnq35n.jpg

I would like to replace the 4:5 1280x1024 monitor with another 16:9 at some point soon (black friday I am hoping for a $80 24").

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com

your correct that router does not do GigE, but the switch its connected to does, and everything that needs a GigE interconnect is on the switch (basically only used for some PC-PC-Storage) stuff

the router only is used to get wifi to the 3rd floor of the house. and besides even 100 base is fast enough for most things

my Wifi is still B/G because I have no need for it to be faster and thus no reason to pay for a new router, as I said literally the only thing that uses wireless is my phone

Last edited:

Nhirlathothep

Aug 23, 2014
www.youtube.com
Xbox one only gaming setup

(i m going to use it only to play fms6)

14t3kgn.jpg

i prefer different gaming setup in different rooms for each pc-console

so here i have only :

[Xbox] [Samsung 60"] [Samsung Hifi] [Wireless headset]

Last edited:

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
image.png

Most of my system is dedicated to audio lol. PC ain't bad either though. Dynaudio C1 MK2 speakers during the day, Sennheiser HD800S headphones at night. I use a launch PS3 to rip SACDs for music playback.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I game in my studio...

Fun playing games on a $7000 surround sound system.

FaeFHLt.jpg