[GAMING SETUP] PICS Required - PC / Console

Nhirlathothep

Aug 23, 2014
www.youtube.com
wanna see some 2015 gaming rigs

if u have your [old setup] pics too, i d like to see the old and the new pics, to compare and see upgrades

I have resurrected this thread, and may possibly sticky it for people to get some inspiration on a gaming setup.
Please keep the thread civil.

Moderator Aigo

Last edited by a moderator:

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
db410a9490ec208501ec559478c52979.jpg

SlitheryDee

Lifer
Feb 2, 2005
Been spending a lot of time on this bad boy lately. Air cooled, 8 physical cores, GCN graphics chip, motion controls, facial recognition, etc. The latest and greatest tech yo.

05cf6e58-f496-4ada-8eda-d5c33f2691b3.png

Nhirlathothep

Aug 23, 2014
www.youtube.com
here's mine. this is a bit old but the general components are still the same but now have the xbox one and ps4 (and no wii), but i have a few other things in the room now such as acoustical panels i hung on the wall, and 2 window wells have been filled in.

http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost.php?p=34852983&postcount=887
man, this a complete cinema room!

if it s ok for you, i place some of your pics here to see it directly

iWMVojA.jpg

TFwtNZo.jpg

man, it s hard to find this in Europe, never seen one

Last edited:

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
seems legit to me : more horsepower than my xbox 360 setup

I don't game much anymore, but when I do I play a few games on my Nexus 5. It's amazing how far smartphone gaming has come, and it's only going to get better in the years ahead.

Sabrewings

Golden Member
Jun 27, 2015
man, this a complete cinema room!

if it s ok for you, i place some of your pics here to see it directly

iWMVojA.jpg

TFwtNZo.jpg

My theater room is similar to this, except smaller with just two seats for the wife and I and a 55" LED LCD instead of a projection. Here's a couple pictures with my old rig powering it:

IMG_20140411_013454.jpg

20141226_121001.jpg

And the rig in my sig powers it now:

DSCN0059.jpg

Nhirlathothep

Aug 23, 2014
www.youtube.com
Last edited:

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007
iMxR2Oxl.jpg

I'll need to do a new build as this one's getting long in the tooth. Very low on the priority list though.

Specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2ghz
8GB DDR2-800
2x AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB in CrossfireX

I also have a PS4 next to it, which I don't play much.

Nhirlathothep

Aug 23, 2014
www.youtube.com
iMxR2Oxl.jpg

I'll need to do a new build as this one's getting long in the tooth. Very low on the priority list though.

Specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2ghz
8GB DDR2-800
2x AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB in CrossfireX

I also have a PS4 next to it, which I don't play much.

thermaltake soprano ? i like it ! Always beautiful design

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
Quite cozy. Sometimes I do miss having a desk to game at, but reclining theater seats tend to ease the pain. :whiste:

If I had a couple of seats like yours, I would definitely spend more time easing my pain! ;)

Sometimes I'll grab the controller and sit back on the couch, especially for racing games and other non-FPS stuff. It's really nice to kick back sometimes. The Steam Big Picture mode definitely made it a little easier to get around without a keyboard.

Last edited:

Sabrewings

Golden Member
Jun 27, 2015
If I had a couple of seats like yours, I would definitely spend more time easing my pain! ;)

Sometimes I'll grab the controller and sit back on the couch, especially for racing games and other non-FPS stuff. It's really nice to kick back sometimes. The Steam Big Picture mode definitely made it a little easier to get around without a keyboard.

Yeah, I love Steam Big Picture.

The chairs weren't too bad on the wallet. Got them from Amazon. The local theater uses nearly identical chairs. The difference is that theirs are motorized and mine are manual recline.

Love how clean that case looks (and the white lighting).

Thanks much! The lighting is over stated in that shot. I should really turn down the exposure time to bring it to more life like levels. I haven't done actual dedicated lighting to a PC in a long time, but it was too dark in there and that big window begs to be looked at. I went with white LEDs because the HDD and power LEDs are white, as well as the HDD activity LED on the motherboard. I have white LEDs in the pump top and an LED strip outside of view towards the back of the case. I almost went with the smaller 750D, but for my radiators and for the sake of plenty of space I went with the 900D. I can't stand "transformer" look at me cases.

I still might get a 750D as my old PC (now the wife's) would fit into it quite well and be quite a bit smaller than the Thermaltake Mozart TX it's in now (can be seen in the corner in the first pic I posted).