#Gamergate, the war on nerds, and the corruption of the left and the free press

Page 144 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I feel like this entire thread should be one of those "How is this still a thing?" segments on Last Week Tonight.

Well, it's still a 'thing' in the same way that an long-unemployed B-list actor can still claim they're an actor. They didn't accomplish much in their prime (but hey, you got Anita Sarkeesian's message on mainstream TV! Good job!), and they're largely irrelevant now. They just like to pretend that they'll be noticed one day by someone who actually matters.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die...

cthulhu_by_veprikov-d359mq0.jpg

Oh look it's back...

Reactions: jackstar7

GG-Netscape

Aug 3, 2016
4dmBghR.gif

Hey everyone, I'll be hosting a GamerGate meetup in Saint Louis on Monday, August 28th to celebrate the third anniversary of GamerGate. The meetup will begin at Fuddruckers in Sunset Hills, MO around 1PM, where we can have lunch and a couple drinks. After lunch we'll be heading right down the street (walking distance) to 66 Cigar, where I've made reservations and will be bringing my GameCube and Super Smash Bros. I'll also be bringing some complimentary beer to the 66 Cigar for us to enjoy, but if you want to bring your own drinks and snacks, the owner is also fine with that. Obviously you don't have to drink or smoke if you don't want to.

Finally we will head out from 66 Cigar around 7PM and head to the South County Mall about ~10-15 minutes driving distance. If you have too much to drink, then you can also take local bus or carpool with someone else. Please don't drink and drive. At the mall we can grab dinner at one of the many restaurants at the mall. As far as I can tell, Buffalo Wild Wings is open the latest at the mall, so regardless of where we decide to eat, we could head there for drinks and hangout until midnight.

I have created an RSVP form which is linked below. If you don't plan on attending this particular meetup, but would be interested in attending future GamerGate meetups in the Saint Louis area, feel free to fill out the question on where you would like to organize future meetups. People who are neutral or opposed to GamerGate are also welcome to attend, provided they are respectful and do not attempt to disrupt the event.

RSVP Form: https://goo.gl/forms/AIM44QNKRx34fJRw2

Reactions: Thebobo

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Nobody cares.

4dmBghR.gif

Hey everyone, I'll be hosting a GamerGate meetup in Saint Louis on Monday, August 28th to celebrate the third anniversary of GamerGate. The meetup will begin at Fuddruckers in Sunset Hills, MO around 1PM, where we can have lunch and a couple drinks. After lunch we'll be heading right down the street (walking distance) to 66 Cigar, where I've made reservations and will be bringing my GameCube and Super Smash Bros. I'll also be bringing some complimentary beer to the 66 Cigar for us to enjoy, but if you want to bring your own drinks and snacks, the owner is also fine with that. Obviously you don't have to drink or smoke if you don't want to.

Finally we will head out from 66 Cigar around 7PM and head to the South County Mall about ~10-15 minutes driving distance. If you have too much to drink, then you can also take local bus or carpool with someone else. Please don't drink and drive. At the mall we can grab dinner at one of the many restaurants at the mall. As far as I can tell, Buffalo Wild Wings is open the latest at the mall, so regardless of where we decide to eat, we could head there for drinks and hangout until midnight.

I have created an RSVP form which is linked below. If you don't plan on attending this particular meetup, but would be interested in attending future GamerGate meetups in the Saint Louis area, feel free to fill out the question on where you would like to organize future meetups. People who are neutral or opposed to GamerGate are also welcome to attend, provided they are respectful and do not attempt to disrupt the event.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
4dmBghR.gif

Please go get real friends.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
e69f377848e0c4d772af17815460c6b2.jpg
Seriously?? Third anniversary of a non event? Why not just host a meetup for gamers or local geeks? Is this another way of saying "men only"?

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Battlefield 1 is going to have Russian women fighters in their fall DLC. OP is going to get mad!!! Fucking loser!

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Seriously?? Third anniversary of a non event? Why not just host a meetup for gamers or local geeks? Is this another way of saying "men only"?

Gamergate is what happens when young conservatives can't be openly homophobic/racist/misogynist anymore. Not exactly a coincidence they despise "political correctness".

GG-Netscape

Aug 3, 2016
I've hosted plenty of GamerGate meetups in Saint Louis before and can confirm we've got some killer ladies in the Saint Louis area. If you think you are fighting for women by assuming that all women must automatically agree with you, then you're the sexist.

Reactions: Thebobo

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I've hosted plenty of GamerGate meetups in Saint Louis before and can confirm we've got some killer ladies in the Saint Louis area. If you think you are fighting for women by assuming that all women must automatically agree with you, then you're the sexist.

No, we just know that there's a tremendous irony to a woman supporting a group of petulant boys who whine whenever women seek better representation in games (and then pretend "actually, it's about ethics in games journalism").

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
If you think you are fighting for women by assuming that all women must automatically agree with you, then you're the sexist.
Who's "fighting for women"? What does that even mean in this context? I'm just asking what makes this a "GamerGate" meetup vs. a normal meetup of gamers and geeks? Why do you choose to commemorate a non-event?

Reactions: JimKiler

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017
Who's "fighting for women"? What does that even mean in this context? I'm just asking what makes this a "GamerGate" meetup vs. a normal meetup of gamers and geeks? Why do you choose to commemorate a non-event?

They join together to remember the day the struggle began and the mighty warriors of Neckbeardia went to war against the lack of ethics in gaming journalism.

Reactions: pmv

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
They join together to remember the day the struggle began and the mighty warriors of Neckbeardia went to war against the lack of ethics in gaming journalism.

But what did they accomplish?? Were journalists or editors fired? Were publications forced to shut down? What long term consequences are we celebrating on the "third anniversary"...some lame Patreon site was exposed?

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006

Is Neckbeardia a locked zone? What Quest do I have to complete for the access Key?