#Gamergate, the war on nerds, and the corruption of the left and the free press

Page 137 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Blue_Max said:
I think I made a fair and accurate point about progressives (like yourselves) doing nothing but hurl insults and accusations rather than address points or facts, let alone back up your accusations with evidence.
...and the rebuttal is just more childhood antics, this time, "I know you are but what am iiiIIiii?"
*sigh*

So... got anything to back up your claim that (now) gamergaters are evil white supremacists? :rolleyes:

I'm glad you don't question your beliefs when they get you nothing but insults from your peer group. You actually made yourself part of an out-group apparently so that you could enjoy the persecution that comes with it. Well done.

Reactions: KMFJD

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
I think I made a fair and accurate point about progressives (like yourselves) doing nothing but hurl insults and accusations rather than address points or facts, let alone back up your accusations with evidence.
...and the rebuttal is just more childhood antics, this time, "I know you are but what am iiiIIiii?"
*sigh*
People are just making fun of you because there's not much of substance to address. I'm not saying this is a good or bad thing, just the situation as it stands right now.

So... got anything to back up your claim that (now) gamergaters are evil white supremacists? :rolleyes:

It's not some great secret that the remaining gamegate stragglers are rather affiliated with the alt-right. I suspect the smarter ones left due to that affiliation because those are people you really want to disavow; even trump did eventually.

Painman

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2000
I'm repeatedly taken aback that there's such a backlash against being a considerate person.

I realized why I'm out of touch. I've never owned an Xbox or played on Xbox live. All my online gaming was on PC and I am quick with the Mute function.

This seems to be the core of the GG-ers. They hate that they are being muted on a larger scale, but they don't consider that anything of value they might have to say is lost in the ether because when they started it was just this obnoxious spray of bullshit.

These kids need to reboot their movement to have any chance of being taken seriously. Luckily their overdeveloped egos will prevent any such introspection or even the briefest of reflections. This insures that they will continue on without changing and will remain societally muted.

Shouting into the ether for the rest of their lives, not realizing that the mute feature doesn't care how loud anything is. It's all reduced to quiet for those outside their echo chamber.
People are just making fun of you because there's not much of substance to address. I'm not saying this is a good or bad thing, just the situation as it stands right now.

It's not some great secret that the remaining gamegate stragglers are rather affiliated with the alt-right. I suspect the smarter ones left due to that affiliation because those are people you really want to disavow; even trump did eventually.

Well there's this dude (I presume) who inhabits this space, goes by MongGrel, presumes to know what the alt-right is all about. Ask "him."

Roflmouth

Golden Member
Oct 5, 2015
Reactions: 0roo0roo

Blue_Max

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2011
Golly, and not one of those threats linked to gamergate. How humiliating for you.

Can't forget the SocJus team has been caught making many of these "threats" to themselves to fuel their argument (and, thus, their Patreon donations.)
There's a reason no one's been prosecuted for making a genuine threat against a SJW. The only thing they got in two years was someone being a drunken slob in a hotel lobby so they danced with glee around that... until it didn't get them what they wanted. :fearscream:
OWoeL2i.jpg

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Can't forget the SocJus team has been caught making many of these "threats" to themselves to fuel their argument (and, thus, their Patreon donations.)
There's a reason no one's been prosecuted for making a genuine threat against a SJW. The only thing they got in two years was someone being a drunken slob in a hotel lobby so they danced with glee around that... until it didn't get them what they wanted. :fearscream:
That technique is so common with the far left that I hesitate to believe anything they claim.

GG-Netscape

Aug 3, 2016
Lynn Walsh from SPJ Airplay and SavePoint has become president of the Society of Professional Journalists for 2016-2017. Good to see an ethical journalist (with an interest in GG and games journalism) taking the helm of the SPJ.

NEW ORLEANS – For the first time in the Society of Professional Journalists’ 107-year history, three women will lead the organization for the coming year.

Lynn Walsh, investigative executive producer at NBC 7 San Diego, became national president of SPJ tonight during the Presidents Installation Banquet at Excellence in Journalism 2016.

Rebecca Baker, managing editor at the New York Law Journal, is now president-elect, and Alex Tarquinio, special issues editor at The Real Deal, will as secretary-treasurer for the coming year.

Walsh graduated from the Ohio University E.W. Scripps School of Journalism and has worked as a journalist nationally for the E.W. Scripps national desk as well as locally across California, Ohio, Texas and Florida in data and investigative reporting. An Emmy award-winning journalist, Walsh currently leads the KNSD investigative team. She takes the baton from Paul Fletcher, publisher and editor-in-chief of Virginia Lawyers Weekly, who has served as SPJ president for the past year.

A member of SPJ since 2004, Walsh has served as secretary-treasurer and president-elect. She is also a member of the ethics and FOI committees, and was selected to serve on the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) advisory committee, which works to improve the FOIA process.

Read more: http://www.spj.org/news.asp?ref=1474

Reactions: 0roo0roo

Painman

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2000
Ko Takeuchi, of WarioWare and Super Smash Bros fame, has come under attack by the anti-GG/SJW crowd after drawing Vivian James. He originally self-censored in wake of the mob, but has sense reposted it, telling the social justice crowd to block him if they don't like his art.

https://twitter.com/kokosac/status/789110884501041152

https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAc...art_ko_takeuchi_warioware_character_designer/

Too Kawaii. Vivian scowls. That's her schtick.

Blue_Max

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2011
Lol its back

Hey, it's not like the SJW's have stopped their campaign of complete bullshit.
...poor Anita can't see Batman's butt (because she didn't even play long enough to change outfits.)
PATRIARCHY!!! :rolleyes:

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Lynn Walsh from SPJ Airplay and SavePoint has become president of the Society of Professional Journalists for 2016-2017. Good to see an ethical journalist (with an interest in GG and games journalism) taking the helm of the SPJ.
I've been fairly impressed with the SPJ throughout. Granted, I've not been following it that closely, but at that debate, journalists that clearly had prejudged the situation against GamerGate but still remained professional and polite, giving them a very fair shake.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Hey, it's not like the SJW's have stopped their campaign of complete bullshit.
...poor Anita can't see Batman's butt (because she didn't even play long enough to change outfits.)
PATRIARCHY!!! :rolleyes:

You should write a book about the Protocols of the Social Justice Warriors.

Blue_Max

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2011
You should write a book about the Protocols of the Social Justice Warriors.
It's already been written and is standard fare in every college/university "social" related course. Heck, these days you'll get this garbage forced on you even for STEM fields.
Rules+for+Radicals.jpg