Game sequel you are willing to pay more than $100 for?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thespyder

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2006
Tie Fighter (with modern graphics/physics, and multiplayer team co-op/vs action).

I could totally see an X-wing vs Tie Fighter game with multi player and team competition.

They would have to do a lot of work on the balancing and they would absolutely have to make sure that the two sides were not the same (i.e. don't give Tie Fighters shields). Give each side significant advantages.

That could totally rock!!!

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Diablo 3.

I know, I know, there is a game that released called that. But I want the sequel to Diablo 2, not that game.

chihlidog

Apr 12, 2011
IF it was done right:

Stalker-GasMask.jpg

But I would want a truly massive game world. Like, almost endless. Bigger than what we've seen in the first 3. Based on recent rumors, we might just see it. I want it, personally, with most of the elements of Clear Sky. Except I want them working correctly. But with the same atmosphere. The same Russian language. Just give me a LOT more of what we had in the first 2 with all the bugs fixed. I'd pay dearly for it.

Aristotelian

Golden Member
Jan 30, 2010
Xenogears remake

And a proper sequel?

I'd pay significantly more than $100 for those. I haven't replayed xenogears in a while, but the graphics are getting a bit dated even for me. I think - if a story as powerful as the one in xenogears can be portrayed with much better graphics, that the story can have an even stronger impact.

Ahh well.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
I haven't played either of the more recent offerings from FFT, but FFT:Advanced for the GBA was definitely good imo if you missed that one.

I wish the DS/3DS and/or other systems would have Fire emblem games come out a little more often.

I love the whole "If a unit dies they are gone for good concept." Forces me to not kamikaze one of my units so the others sneak around for easy kills, makes me have to actually use that machine in my head that people call a brain.

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
IF it was done right:

Stalker-GasMask.jpg

But I would want a truly massive game world. Like, almost endless. Bigger than what we've seen in the first 3. Based on recent rumors, we might just see it. I want it, personally, with most of the elements of Clear Sky. Except I want them working correctly. But with the same atmosphere. The same Russian language. Just give me a LOT more of what we had in the first 2 with all the bugs fixed. I'd pay dearly for it.

Heh.. Same here! Have you heard about Survarium? It's NOT Stalker, but should be good in it's own right.

chihlidog

Apr 12, 2011
Heh.. Same here! Have you heard about Survarium? It's NOT Stalker, but should be good in it's own right.

I've heard about it and I will be playing it.

But, and I dont mean to be negative nancy, it's just the way it is for me - as good as it might be, I'll want to go to The Zone. I love the STALKER games in a special way. I didnt like FPS games before I played them, but they're different. The setting is a big part of that. Could also be because I remember when Chernobyl blew in real life so it makes a connection.

I enjoyed Metro 2033 and I'm sure I will like Survarium. But I still want more STALKER. :wub:

Kabob

Lifer
Sep 5, 2004
An actual decent sequel to Diablo 2

And no, not the "Diablo 3" that Blizzard delivered...

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
I'd probably pay that much for a new Myth game done by the original team, Myth 1 and 2 are still two of my favorite RTS's.

bguile

Nov 30, 2011
Homeworld 3
Baldurs Gate 3
Borderlands 2
A true follow up to Wing Commander
A space crpg based off the Traveller rpg series

bguile

Nov 30, 2011
they actually had one back in the 80s. It was pretty basic, but it was decent for the times.

I know. I played it along time ago and enjoyed it (or at least I remember I did). I don't think I ever finished it though. I should have said a modern version.