Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 510 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Esquared isn't very smart :D

Actually, he is. You know what isn't, though, TB? Your post. Sigh. Now I have to go and throw you in the brig again.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
One can talk about having pirated and it's impact on their opinions about issues or the affect it had on your life or things in this sort of line of discussion. You can't talk about what you pirated (unless there is a specific reason that it was necessary other than bragging) and you can't talk about ongoing pirating activities.

This just ended JEDI's reign of terror. Time to walk the plank....Yarrrrr!

Reactions: Dr. Zaus

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Well I cracked. Sorry guys. :( It's just that once the flood gates were opened I knew instantly if I had not watched it immediately that someone, somewhere on the internet would find a way to spoil it before I made it to Sunday. I simply can't stand avoiding all traces of the internet on phone and on desktop and everywhere just to save myself from that bullshit. I won't say a word of spoilers myself, I can wait until Monday to discuss it with you guys. Mad props to those of you though sticking it out. :) But take my advice and steer clear of Polygon. They're dropping spoilers right in their article titles.

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
summary of tonight's episode:

gDQoM7a.gif

Reactions: Bird222

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
I wonder what was going through Sansa's head when she sent Brienne away. Unless she thinks whatever Littlefinger suggests, do the exact opposite.

dmoney1980

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2008
Nuttier than a Snickers bar! I do wish the hound just used the hammer to break the ice around them. Can a dragon melt the wall?

The Arya/Sansa thing got real as well! I'm hoping they wrap up that story soon as it was dragging on and it's so obvious littelfinger is setting them up and both Stark girls should be too smart at this point to fall for it.

R0H1T

Platinum Member
Jan 12, 2013
Nuttier than a Snickers bar! I do wish the hound just used the hammer to break the ice around them. Can a dragon melt the wall?

The Arya/Sansa thing got real as well! I'm hoping they wrap up that story soon as it was dragging on and it's so obvious littelfinger is setting them up and both Stark girls should be too smart at this point to fall for it.
Why yes, so long as they can breathe fire (blue flames?) or ice or even LN2 :D

The wall is more about magic than some ancient glacial marvel.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Only thing I don't like is how seemingly jarring it is with the break neck pace of the passage of time. That, and all the characters who have never crossed paths with each other now all seemingly grouping with each other all at once.

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
Regarding the sending away of Brienne, the sisters must be setting Littlefinger up. Brienne is being sent away so she doesn't interfere.

bguile

Nov 30, 2011
I am starting to get really disappointed in this show. The battle's and CGI stuff is good, but the plot and story lines don't make any sense anymore. It all feels so forced. The mission to capture one of the undead never made any sense, and then the actual mission itself was terrible. Random dudes dying during the battle, half the time I thought it was one the regulars, but nope it was some random red shirt, who I didn't even know was on the mission. Gendry running all the way back to castle black? What the hell was up with Benjen just showing up out of nowhere? And the strife between Sansa and Arya makes no sense to me either.

I can't wait for college football season to start.

R0H1T

Platinum Member
Jan 12, 2013
I am starting to get really disappointed in this show. The battle's and CGI stuff is good, but the plot and story lines don't make any sense anymore. It all feels so forced. The mission to capture one of the undead never made any sense, and then the actual mission itself was terrible. Random dudes dying during the battle, half the time I thought it was one the regulars, but nope it was some random red shirt, who I didn't even know was on the mission. Gendry running all the way back to castle black? What the hell was up with Benjen just showing up out of nowhere? And the strife between Sansa and Arya makes no sense to me either.

I can't wait for college football season to start.
Yeah, why didn't the geniuses enter the NK's realm with the 3 dragons. They could've easily gone back in half the time with probably zero casualties. Also there wouldn't be an ice you know who :mad:

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
If Martin had been able to crap out the rest of the story then we would probably still be having longer plot lines. Now these guys are making stuff up to fit what is probably a one page outline of what Martin said would be the remainder of the story.

Reactions: Homerboy

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
If Martin had been able to crap out the rest of the story then we would probably still be having longer plot lines. Now these guys are making stuff up to fit what is probably a one page outline of what Martin said would be the remainder of the story.

Good.

shit was way too fucking long as it is. Kill all the bullshit that doesn't matter and get on with the story already.

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
Looks like the undead didn't do a double tap for whatever reason. Movies have resisted the use of it for decades. It would ruin stories for the audiences I guess, abruptly ending most of the movie. I hope I was vague enough to not reveal too much.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
I am more upset with a lake north of the wall being that thin where it was breaking with just the body weight of a person running over it as we saw with the main group.