Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 507 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Ok here's what's going to happen. The Hound is killed up North and turned. He's the wight they bring back to Kings Landing.

He breaks free and the only one who can stop undead Sandorn Clegane is undead Gregor Clegane.

That's right.....

Undead Clegane Bowl!!!!!!111111|||\\\

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
yes, but I'm still not sure what Raegar's annulment really means in the end? He fathered some kids like Jon Snow, that we know of--annulment is just an annulment; blood is what maters and we already know where all that blood flows, right? It seems to me that the secret marriage was to Ned's sister? (I always thought it was mutual between them, no? and that the Ned/Robert story was that she was kidnapped and raped?)

anyway...row row row your boat! lol--BOUT TIME that fucker found his way off the boat.

If she were pregnant before the annulment then Jon isn't a bastard. He has more right to the throne than Dany. I think...

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
So I wonder if Jorah will make it a point tell Daenerys that those who serve the Nights Watch do so until death and that John must have broken his vow to become King in the North.

At which point John will be forced to finally explain the knife in the heart.

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
I swear to God, it's like some of you don't want even pay attention to the show -- and I say this with Jedi having not posted about the most recent episode.

Someone's going to die in the next episode, just a matter of who at this point. Would be fantastic if Arya ends up killing Sansa at some point in the near future.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
The Starks had dark hair, so it's not at all unreasonable for Jon to have dark hair.

Yes, Jon is half Targaryen and half Stark, giving him the blood of the Frist Men and Old Valyria, in the end that combination is going to be important. He has also been resurrected by the Lord of Light and so now has a heart of fire. Which I bet is why even though he is only half Targaryen the dragons like him. Also, he is not a Baratheon because we now have another one of those in Gendry. There would be no reason to reintroduce him if Jon was a Baratheon.

Gendry is actually my bet for who ends up on the Iron Throne. Jon will remain the King in the North, and Dany will die fighting the Night King. Gendry will claim his right as last remaining Baratheon, which will solve the problem of the people of the Seven Kingdoms not accepting a perceived foreigner and Targaryen as the new regent.

Cool that Sam is now the lord of house Tarly - equipped with a valerian sword - and done dropped out of grad school!

But he isn't Lord of House Tarly yet. He took the black and in doing so forswore his ability to claim his birthright. He pledged to 'It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.' Jon died which released him from his oath, Sam has not (yet) died.

I WANT TO HEAR SOME GOOD JUICY KNOWLEDGE GILLY, NOW FOOK OFF!!! Meanwhile she says the most important thing in the history of the current world.

Sam no longer cares who wins the war, he is 100% focused on defeating the white walkers. Sam sees that who rules the Seven Kingdoms makes no difference if everyone is dead. This is probably shortsighted of him, because who rules the kingdoms determines who will fight the undead.

DrunkenSano

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2008
Awesome seeing Aria fall for Little Finger's honey pot.

Would be awesome if it was a reverse honey pot. Arya knows that Little Finger was trying to honey pot her and has already plotted this with Sansa, and they end up killing Little Finger. They just need the proof to show the Vale lords so they don't lose the men from there.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Would be awesome if it was a reverse honey pot. Arya knows that Little Finger was trying to honey pot her and has already plotted this with Sansa, and they end up killing Little Finger. They just need the proof to show the Vale lords so they don't lose the men from there.

That would be great. Seems like someone who just got her PhD in hardcore assassinry wouldn't fall for something as obvious as what he's doing.

Reactions: thejunglegod

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Sam no longer cares who wins the war, he is 100% focused on defeating the white walkers. Sam sees that who rules the Seven Kingdoms makes no difference if everyone is dead. This is probably shortsighted of him, because who rules the kingdoms determines who will fight the undead.

That's not why Sam didn't pay attention to what Gilly said. The idea of "Ragger" getting an annulment and remarried is meaningless to Sam. It didn't trigger anything because Sam has no knowledge that connects Jon to Rhaegar. The only person alive now that knows Jon is Rhaegar's son in Bran and Bran might not know he's trueborn. It's not clear exactly how much he knows, he might have learned just enough to think that Jon is Lyanna's bastard rather than Ned's. Now that Sam is heading north to get back in the game he's going to meet up with Jon again and presumably Bran will be there too. It seems likely that it will take both Bran and Sam to put all the pieces together, like Bran tells Jon that he's the bastard son of Rhaegar and Lyanna and that's going to trigger a flashback in Sam that he'll remember what Gilly said about annulment and remarriage. Then they'll all understand that Jon is trueborn and heir to the throne.

That would be great. Seems like someone who just got her PhD in hardcore assassinry wouldn't fall for something as obvious as what he's doing.

Yes, I don't think Arya is that easy to fool now. They might have reinforced it for the viewers with that scene where Arya knew Sansa was lying thanks to her Faceless Men training in reading faces. So she's going to know when Littlefinger is lying too.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Yes, Jon is half Targaryen and half Stark, giving him the blood of the Frist Men and Old Valyria, in the end that combination is going to be important. He has also been resurrected by the Lord of Light and so now has a heart of fire. Which I bet is why even though he is only half Targaryen the dragons like him. Also, he is not a Baratheon because we now have another one of those in Gendry. There would be no reason to reintroduce him if Jon was a Baratheon.

Gendry is actually my bet for who ends up on the Iron Throne. Jon will remain the King in the North, and Dany will die fighting the Night King. Gendry will claim his right as last remaining Baratheon, which will solve the problem of the people of the Seven Kingdoms not accepting a perceived foreigner and Targaryen as the new regent.

I'm betting Gendry will charge forward on King's landing, all excited, then trip and bash is head in on his own hammer. Would be worth a chuckle.

Reactions: Dr. Zaus

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008
You never know though, Arya has been (and probably always will be) a kind of arrogant/cocky person as of late. She just tells a group of soldiers she's off to kill Cersei (totally serial you guise, imma do it) and then challenges one of the best swordsmen currently in the north to a little mini duel. After her successful assassination of an entire castle full of Frey's, I think her head may be a wee bit inflated right now. She almost seems obsessed with who Sansa has become since she's last seen her, which may blind her to what's truly happening.

Reactions: Dr. Zaus

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
so jon is going to go fight a few white walkers and capture one.... he is in a obsidian mine, did he take some of it to use as a weapons against them? the preview for the next show didnt look like it.

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
Nah Aria is a psychic projection of total badass who often disappoints in reality. She's like the hot redhead you see at the copier room - but when you cheat on your wife with her she's disappointing and burns your daughter to appease a god!

No. They are gonna capture a wight. Not a white walker.
i don't get it - which the white walker and which is the wight?

Last edited:

Elganja

Platinum Member
May 21, 2007
Nah Aria is a psychic projection of total badass who often disappoints in reality. She's like the hot redhead you see in the copp

i don't get it

old article explanation... but gets the point across

White Walkers

Created by the Children of the Forest and led by the legendary Night's King, White Walkers may look vaguely humanlike, but they are far from being human. Often appearing on horses, they are much taller than humans and have wispy white hair, a mummy-like appearance, and glowing blue eyes. Their presence brings a chill, and they can freeze things with a mere touch. This makes them extremely hard to battle, because they can freeze and shatter swords. They aren't impossible to defeat: Jon Snow shatters a White Walker in the latest episode with his sword, made of Valyrian steel. Dragonglass (obsidian) and Valyrian steel are basically kryptonite to White Walkers. These supernatural beings, neither dead nor alive, are bad news.

Wights

One of the scariest abilities White Walkers have is the power to create creatures known as wights. Wights are reanimated corpses, like zombies, who are under the control of the White Walkers. The physical condition of the wight depends on what their body looks like when they're turned from a corpse into a wight. So if a body has been dead for months and a White Walker turns it, it's going to be bony and decayed. At the end of the "Hardhome" episode, the Night's King turns an entire village of Wildlings (including this Pitch Perfect star) into wights, and since they're all newly dead, they'll retain their mostly human appearance. The big physical difference is that no matter what color eyes the person had while they were living, all wights have glowing blue eyes to match the White Walkers'. The only way to destroy a wight is to burn it, which is why Wildlings burn their dead. These guys are also bad news.

The Difference
There are a small number of White Walkers, and they possess terrifying powers. Wights are a product of White Walkers, and they're essentially undead pawns that the White Walkers use to fight their battles. Both are frightening and deadly.

Reactions: Charmonium

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
so jon is going to go fight a few white walkers and capture one.... he is in a obsidian mine, did he take some of it to use as a weapons against them? the preview for the next show didnt look like it.

Tormund's (The free folk guy) weapon looked like chipped stone, so I'm guessing at least he brought a dragonglass weapon. Jon has the Valyrian steel sword Longclaw (which is Jorah Mormont's ancestral sword), and Beric Dondarrion has his flaming sword. Gendry's hammer looks suspiciously dark and shiny, from the first time I saw it I suspected it was made of dragon glass. It would be a weird thing for no one to mention though. Obsidian would not make a very good material for a hammer.

So The Hound, Gendry, Jorah Mormont, and the Red Priest guy might not have it, but I'm betting we will be told that Jon provided them with daggers and arrowheads next episode.

Also is dragon glass needed to kill white walkkers wrights? I thought it was just to kill the night king dudes. The walkers wrights just need to be chopped to pieces and burned?

Reactions: OutHouse

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Tormund's (The free folk guy) weapon looked like chipped stone, so I'm guessing at least he brought a dragonglass weapon. Jon has the Valyrian steel sword Longclaw (which is Jorah Mormont's ancestral sword), and Beric Dondarrion has his flaming sword. Gendry's hammer looks suspiciously dark and shiny, from the first time I saw it I suspected it was made of dragon glass. It would be a weird thing for no one to mention though. Obsidian would not make a very good material for a hammer.

So The Hound, Gendry, Jorah Mormont, and the Red Priest guy might not have it, but I'm betting we will be told that Jon provided them with daggers and arrowheads next episode.

Also is dragon glass needed to kill white walkkers wrights? I thought it was just to kill the night king dudes. The walkers wrights just need to be chopped to pieces and burned?

yeah, wights can be killed any old way. But I think they still need to be burned in the end. regular weapons will hurt/immobilize them, at least.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004

If the same magic is animating the walkers and the wights, seems like dragon glass (and valyrian steel) should be able to kill both.

Too bad Gendry couldn't get his hand on Joffrey's stupid sword and make a hammer out of that.

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007
could they just ask Bran to worg into a wight and make it walk over to them?

Can Arya just ask Bran wtf Littlefinger is up to?

Bran is OP

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
could they just ask Bran to worg into a wight and make it walk over to them?

Can Arya just ask Bran wtf Littlefinger is up to?

Bran is OP

Like the dragons they have to nerf Bran. If he can warg into anything and he knows everything the show is over.

What's the over under on Ser Jorah Friendzone biting it this season

Maybe he gets killed, raised into a wight and he's the one they bring back to show Cersei. Now that he's making googly eyes with Khaleesi and she seems warmer to him you know his days are numbered. No way is he living long enough to hit that.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
It's almost like some people don't watch all the episodes or something. :D

Did you watch any of last season?

The reason Lyanna said "If Robert finds out... you know he will, you have to protect him", is that Robert would immediately have had Jon killed, since he's a Targaryen.
...and also because Robert was in love with Lyanna and honestly believed she was kidnapped against her will. Heck, he started his rebellion over rescuing her, which was technically misguided. Regardless of Jon's claim to the throne, Robert couldn't stand the idea that Lyanna loved someone else.