Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 468 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I think a big, big factor in Cersei's fate will be whether or not Ser Kevan stays on as Hand of the King or not.

she, and the crown, really need someone in place who's going to tamper down on her craziness before it takes them all down.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Cersai's prophecy:
"Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds"

hm.. 'Gold shall be their crowns' can be read as her kids will die AFTER they wear a crown. and not relating to their blond hair.

if so, mycella should be alive in Season6.
(RIP King Tomlin. we hardly knew you. :rose: )

the prophecy also implies that cersai will be alive to see all of them buried in their shrouds.

Last edited:

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Cersai's prophecy:
"Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds"

hm.. 'Gold shall be their crowns'can be read as her kids will die AFTER they wear a crown. and not relating to their blond hair.

if so, mycella should be alive in Season6.

RIP King Tomlin. we hardly knew you. :rose:

Tommen:

Tommens-Coronation.jpg

Tomlin:

6a00d8341c2c4f53ef0133f2903975970b-pi

:p

Xonim

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2011
So this is the book+show thread now?

That sucks.

Seems that way.

My ignore list just grew by 8-10 people as I read through the last 10 pages...I haven't read the books and I don't like spoilers either, but the constant complaining by non-readers about minor crap is just as bad.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
I think a big, big factor in Cersei's fate will be whether or not Ser Kevan stays on as Hand of the King or not.

she, and the crown, really need someone in place who's going to tamper down on her craziness before it takes them all down.

um.. I don't think anyone's going to be able to stand up against cersai as long as she has Zombie mountain on her side.

then again, I don't see the Mountain being subtle so if Kevan dies, it wont be obvious that it was Cersai.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Apologies if I missed this in a previous post, but I've been skipping a lot of certian people's postings here.

So the Dorne lady poisoned the Lannister girl, but the Prince is now trapped on that boat now and isn't that her son? Or she is just the mother of the sand snakes?

KT

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Apologies if I missed this in a previous post, but I've been skipping a lot of certian people's postings here.

So the Dorne lady poisoned the Lannister girl, but the Prince is now trapped on that boat now and isn't that her son? Or she is just the mother of the sand snakes?

KT

the Prince is her sorta-nephew (he's the son of Doran; his mother hasn't been seen on the show)... Ellaria Sand (aka: Head Bitch of the Sand Snakes) was Oberyn's side-piece, and the Sand Snakes are both her own daughters and the other bastard daughters that Oberyn sired with other women.

I don't recall if Ellaria and Oberyn were actually married, but I think not.

Xonim

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2011
We don't know for sure, but we do know he was basically dead and that he isn't going to be the same. If anything more than that was said, I missed it.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
So... is Gregor Clegane basically a zombie now?

If I remember right, he didn't actually die after the Trial by Combat. He was definitely dying, but I guess the Maester did something to him to keep him alive. A few episodes ago, I was wondering whether the Maester was actually loyal to Cersei given he seemed a bit sly during his meeting with her. It's kind of hard to trust everyone's intent in this show, but the Maester seems to be legit?

Feb 6, 2007
If I remember right, he didn't actually die after the Trial by Combat. He was definitely dying, but I guess the Maester did something to him to keep him alive. A few episodes ago, I was wondering whether the Maester was actually loyal to Cersei given he seemed a bit sly during his meeting with her. It's kind of hard to trust everyone's intent in this show, but the Maester seems to be legit?

Yeah, the implication I got was that he never actually died, he just basically went into a coma and Qyburn did all sorts of weird experiments to treat the poison and bring him out of the coma. Those experiments (and probably the effects of the poison as well) left The Mountain considerably changed as far as mental faculties, but we don't really know to what extent. They're definitely portraying him as a sort of Frankenstein's Monster regardless.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
reading through A Feast for Crows, there's a chapter focused on Jaime I would have liked in the show

too bad it got cut and the writers decided to focus elsewhere
Good for you. Wrong thread.

Seems that way.

My ignore list just grew by 8-10 people as I read through the last 10 pages...I haven't read the books and I don't like spoilers either, but the constant complaining by non-readers about minor crap is just as bad.
If you are talking about me, I could go into just how bad of a spoiler it was that I have been justifiably angry about but that would be as bad as quoting a spoiler without editing it out. We've already established that labels and spoiler tags do not allow such conversations in this thread.

If you don't get why it's a serious spoiler: GOOD. Consider yourself lucky. It doesn't change that anyone else who understood the implications has been forced to learn a spoiler prematurely against their will and now has to slog through months for the show to catch up.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
the Prince is her sorta-nephew (he's the son of Doran; his mother hasn't been seen on the show)... Ellaria Sand (aka: Head Bitch of the Sand Snakes) was Oberyn's side-piece, and the Sand Snakes are both her own daughters and the other bastard daughters that Oberyn sired with other women.

I don't recall if Ellaria and Oberyn were actually married, but I think not.

They weren't from what I know, but it's SO much easier to say they were when discussing how she is related to the rest of the characters. Technically she isn't related to any of them but her two daughters. Realistically she was Oberyn's wife, step-mother to Oberyn's other bastard children, sister in law to Doran.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Because he has Margery and her brother held captive. The Faith Militant would kill them if they tried anything.

If only Margery and her super rich family had some sort of organization they could turn to of some kind that was designed to handle these kinds of stealthy assassination situations that could serve up the sparrows head on a pike for a big sack of money.

TheAdvocate

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2005
I really think Gregor Clegane is dead. Reviving people has already been shown on the show (Thoros of Myr revived Beric Dondarrion, several times). Qyburn also has a reputation for messing in the dark arts, as I said several pages back. It's the reason he didn't (get to) finish his Maester's chain.

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
I'm still convinced that Melisandre is conning people. While she does have some powers I do think she's been mostly manipulative. Stannis, unfortunately for him, trusted her way too much and it caused his downfall.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
I really think Gregor Clegane is dead. Reviving people has already been shown on the show (Thoros of Myr revived Beric Dondarrion, several times). Qyburn also has a reputation for messing in the dark arts, as I said several pages back. It's the reason he didn't (get to) finish his Maester's chain.
Lord of Light revivals, White Walker Wights, the Maesters' disdain for necromancy, etc

It appears that necromancy is a bigger thing in their world than one might initially notice. Not sure why they would mention their disdain for necromancy and his status as an outcast from the maesters if it weren't supposed to be an example of necromancy, so I agree with you.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
I'm still convinced that Melisandre is conning people. While she does have some powers I do think she's been mostly manipulative. Stannis, unfortunately for him, trusted her way too much and it caused his downfall.

I don't think she's doing it intentionally, i think she's just misinterpreting her own visions. She seemed pretty down when she realized Stannis wasn't who she thought he was.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
Lord of Light revivals, White Walker Wights, the Maesters' disdain for necromancy, etc

It appears that necromancy is a bigger thing in their world than one might initially notice. Not sure why they would mention their disdain for necromancy and his status as an outcast from the maesters if it weren't supposed to be an example of necromancy, so I agree with you.

Don't forget about the necromancers in Qarth, who had real magic.

Feb 6, 2007

She gave birth to a smoke monster that was able to fly hundreds of miles and assassinate a specific target without being detected. That alone is enough to make up for any silliness regarding visions in the flames. Clearly there's something magical going on, even if she doesn't have much control over it.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000

Book spoiler removed.

esquared
Anandtech Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 6, 2007
Is that the other name for Praxos Spracht Zarathustra--the guy that Dany shoved into the vault at the end of season 2?

His name is Zorro Exxon Docsis god dammit. Or, wait, what was it? Xerox Zohan Deckchair? Zero Jo-Ann Fabrics?

*consults Wikipedia*

Xaro Xhoan Daxos?

That's just fucking retarded. That's George RR Martin cheating at Scrabble.