Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 52 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dwell

pics?
Oct 9, 1999
Obligatory "the series character was no way as hot as the misogynistic nerd fantasy rendering in my head"

Melisandre

wJDD7.jpg

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
I still don't see good things for this series though. All the actors are going to get too old too quick.

now my mind is still fuzzy on the details as its been forever since i read the books and i only read the first 3, but isnt there some matter of time that passes between them?

Last edited:

PrayForDeath

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2004
now my mind is still fuzzy on the details as its been forever since i read the books and i only read the first 3, but isnt there some matter of time that passes between them?

There might have been a break between book 1 and 2, but book 3 picked up right where 2 left off (heck there was even some overlap, with events taking place before 2's ending.)

Sep 12, 2004
Yeah, QFT...not everyone will have the opportunity to see it on east coast time, nor even watch it that night. If one wants to talk spoilers create a spoiler thread for each episode.

I already know how the story pans out, so it's not an issue for me, but chances are if I didn't take PTO today, i'd not see the episode until the weekend.
Or people could avoid reading this thread until after they have watched the current week's episode. That resolves any issues with spoilers.

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
S2E01 Plot in Dothraki

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/tvblog/game_of_thrones_plotline_translated_QrennHPZw254N9WqVDSu2L

lol

In the world of sci-fi, Dothraki is still searching for its cool.

At a convention last year, Peterson recalls people dressed in “Doctor Who” and “Star Trek” costumes laughing at him and his organization’s booth.

“We were the nerds of the nerds, ” Peterson admits.

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/thronespeak_uZiIANUGBSXIt0ean4PFpO

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
Who were the babies? Petyr's bastards?

if you go back to season 1 you'll see where Eddard was running around and made the conclusion that no Baratheon ever had anything but very black hair (never golden blond like all of Cersei's living children) and there were a few scenes where he was at the whore house and found that woman with the baby and said he'd take care of them, and then later found Gendry (aka "the Bull" because of his helmet) and even noted just how closely he resembled Robert.

And thus since Robert sired a shit ton of bastards, all with black hair, it doesn't bode well for Joffrey and thus Cersei is hunting them down.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
Last nights episode was good but so little happened...

GOT-Season2-Ygritte1.jpg

waiting for Rose Leslie. wonder if they're giving her the (slightly?) crooked teeth Ygritte is described as having in the books...

considering all of the characters are either not as hot or not as ugly as they are depicted in the books, I'm pretty sure Ygritte is going to be 100% hot with no homely qualities

Just consider Tyrion who is supposed to have mismatched eye colors, or the Targaryens who are supposed to have purple eyes, and as simple as it would have been to use colored contacts or even color them post production, they opted not to go to that Nth degree.

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
And thus since Robert sired a shit ton of bastards, all with black hair, it doesn't bode well for Joffrey and thus Cersei is hunting them down.

Robert left bastards everywhere he went. It got left out of the show, at least so far, but in the books
there was one working in the Eyrie Mya Stone. She was the guide who led them up to the castle. There was also one at Storm's End. He impregnated the mother at the wedding of Stannis, in the bridal bed. Needless to say, that's another reason Stannis didn't like Robert.

Leon

Platinum Member
Nov 14, 1999
Cersei
"Its all fallen on me"

Tyrion
"As has Jaime repeatedly according to Stannis Baratheon"

ra20lx.jpg

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
Yeah, QFT...not everyone will have the opportunity to see it on east coast time, nor even watch it that night. If one wants to talk spoilers create a spoiler thread for each episode.

Um no.

If people don't want spoilers about what happened this episode then they should not click here but it's another thing if it was book spoilers not shown yet.

I was kinda surprised how far they went showing the bastard killing and while they made a reference in the books it was more of a past tense of it happening and not stabbing a baby right in front of you.

Last edited: