Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 22 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
Seeing as how the last two episodes have picked up, I have high hopes for the rest of the season if the trend continues.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
anyone know how many episodes are in the first season?

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
They certainly cut the episode title very close to the end there but glad it happened.

That episode was so good I'm catching bits and pieces of the 11:00 showing. "I once brought a jackass and a honeycomb into a brothel..." LOL

I have to admit that I don't understand the point of the Theon/Ros scene though.

I thought the same thing but it's probably just some random crap hbo added for the naughty parts, kinda like the gay scene that was just totally randomly thrown in.

Now we need to figure out just how a jackass and a honeycomb works. :p

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
so I was watching Batman Begins tonight and realized while watching that the boy from the slums is Joffrey

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0322416/

58178-26622.gif

2005_batman_begins_090.jpg

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
The vapors from that scene should've been a bit more gray/black, I think.

Still well done though.

Zee

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 1999
episode 7 is badass. i fell like taking up a sword for lord stark myself holy shit.

Jadow

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2003
I can't wait till Ned Stark makes his escape from Kings Landing, and returns with the Army of the North to kill all the Lannisters.

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
2 post up: damnit you better not be saying what happens next because you read the book, I stop reading your post halfway so I don't know if you were speculating or revealing. Ugh, this is why I don't come into this thread much!

Anyway

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-game-of-thrones-cheat-htmlstory,0,6734586.htmlstory

Here's a good link to the names and background information on the main characters that I found useful. (mouse over on each for the details) It really did fill in a lot of holes, although they say the Lannister's motto is: "Here me roar" but we know it's "A Lannister always pays his debts" haha

Last edited:

dwell

pics?
Oct 9, 1999
2 post up: damnit you better not be saying what happens next because you read the book, I stop reading your post halfway so I don't know if you were speculating or revealing. Ugh, this is why I don't come into this thread much!

No worries. Looks like an inside joke for those who read the book but not really a spoiler.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
I can't wait till Ned Stark makes his escape from Kings Landing, and returns with the Army of the North to kill all the Lannisters.

It's a shame that they ended up burning down kings landing during the battle. :(

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001

Anyway

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-game-of-thrones-cheat-htmlstory,0,6734586.htmlstory

Here's a good link to the names and background information on the main characters that I found useful. (mouse over on each for the details) It really did fill in a lot of holes, although they say the Lannister's motto is: "Here me roar" but we know it's "A Lannister always pays his debts" haha

Don't worry, they are just screwing with you. :)

That link you posted is already in the OP, you know. ():)

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
No worries. Looks like an inside joke for those who read the book but not really a spoiler.

IIRC he rides north and recruits the white walkers with the help of Jon Snow, and then marches on King's Landing.

dwell

pics?
Oct 9, 1999
IIRC he rides north and recruits the white walkers with the help of Jon Snow, and then marches on King's Landing.

And Daenerys and Drogo move to Bear Island to raise their kid with Ser Mormont as the knightly uncle.

bl4ckfl4g

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2007
They certainly cut the episode title very close to the end there but glad it happened.

I thought the same thing but it's probably just some random crap hbo added for the naughty parts, kinda like the gay scene that was just totally randomly thrown in.

Now we need to figure out just how a jackass and a honeycomb works. :p

I was thinking she'd replace Shay or Alayaya for the show but Shay's been cast so maybe Alayaya. Otherwise, no idea but I didn't mind it. She's nice to look at.

bl4ckfl4g

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2007

Anyway

Nah it is actually Hear me Roar