Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 200 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
No not nude but having a knight walk up to her and rip on her clothes at Joffreys command was a bit extreme at the time.

Tyrion and Bronn saved her, you'd probably remember it now I'd imagine.

One of Tyrion's most badass scenes.

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
Two of the most amusing visuals,
fntVrAG.gif

0FnveM6.png

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Haha yeah, that waive by Jamie was hilarious. Loved it. :D

KT

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Haha yeah, that waive by Jamie was hilarious. Loved it. :D

KT
I loved it when the guy put it on and he said a hook would probably be more useful.

*pirate mode* ARRRRRRRRRR

The frigging thing is Gold though I guess, thought after that if he ever wanted to hit someone up side the head would make a pretty good Bruce Lee karate chopper.

:biggrin:

and no, it's not in the books, he he.

Got a kick out of the statue myself.

I love that old queen from High Garden, she's so good.

Last edited:

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
I loved it when the guy put it on and he said a hook would probably be more useful.

*pirate mode* ARRRRRRRRRR

The frigging thing is Gold though I guess, thought after that if he ever wanted to hit someone up side the head would make a pretty good Bruce Lee karate chopper.

:biggrin:

LOL, I was hoping that he would pound on the ledge during his conversation with Brienne looking down at Sansa. Pound the gold hammer fist on the cement rail. :biggrin:

TheAdvocate

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2005
however I think its pretty clear (or at least it would be a total waste if they do not) that they're going to use his strongman background to try and emphasize that the Mountain really is supposed to be unequaled in strength throughout the realm.

His full nickname is The Mountain That Rides. Would be cool if we could see it. He is supposed to be absolutely terrifying astride a massive warhorse - crap your pants and run for the hills type imposing.

[edit]Visual approximation added:

the_mountain_that_rides_by_arylas-d4qbv61.png

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
Yup, but the Joffrey statue was even better.

So much good stuff in this opening episode ... I can't wait for next week.

I spit my beer up when I saw that and the cackled after the wave. Great episode and most watched on HBO since the Sopranos ending.

Really a shame they had to replace characters. While I didnt love Daario replacing him took me out of that scene entirely as I wondered wtf is going on. I dont read the stuff in the thread market spoiler if you guys discussed it.

One really has to love the hound now. I said the word wise and beautiful woman a hundred times before bed much to my wifes dismay...

crownjules

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2005
His full nickname is The Mountain That Rides. Would be cool if we could see it. He is supposed to be absolutely terrifying astride a massive warhorse - crap your pants and run for the hills type imposing.

First season. He jousts against Loras who beats him because he picks a mare that's in heat and The Mountain's horse gets all riled up. That's why he then beheads it and almost Loras as well.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Says the guy that posts pictures of an actor that has not even been on an aired episode yet.

To be fair that actor is portraying a character that we have seen before in previous seasons though.

looks like a good move as an opinion of someone who started reading the books several years before the series started on HBO, considering that the character hasn't had many lines.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001

The problem is most won't be impressed...they'd be like "oh, he'd be dead with my Raven .22".

The new actor is the weight the author made for "the Mountain" at 1'1" shorter. I'd bet most will look at him and say "he ain't even cut" or "his lifts aren't that impressive for his size".

In reality, back in the days of Knights; just being in armor on a horse was a tremendous advantage. Being 400+lbs on a horse on top of armor, doubly so.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
No not nude but having a knight walk up to her and rip on her clothes at Joffreys command was a bit extreme at the time.

Tyrion and Bronn saved her, you'd probably remember it now I'd imagine.

my comment was addressed directly at JEDI--because he rates content soley based on T&A. I was merely informing him that he would be "wasting his valuable time" going back to rewind and fastforward to his hopeful beaver shot.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I love that old queen from High Garden, she's so good.

She's been one of my favorites--possibly favorite--since her very first scene in season 3. Her dialogue is the gold standard of the show.

"As an authority on myself, I must disagree."
"Oh my, yes! A sword-swallower, through and through!"

Her scene with Tywin regarding the shuffling of betrothals is simply wonderful.
:D

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
The problem is most won't be impressed...they'd be like "oh, he'd be dead with my Raven .22".

The new actor is the weight the author made for "the Mountain" at 1'1" shorter. I'd bet most will look at him and say "he ain't even cut" or "his lifts aren't that impressive for his size".

In reality, back in the days of Knights; just being in armor on a horse was a tremendous advantage. Being 400+lbs on a horse on top of armor, doubly so.

agree with this. film is magic.

consider all of the shenanigans employed to mask the fact that Tom Cruise is a 3 foot tall douchebag in every role he plays (OK, they fix half of that...)

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
They made Robby Coltrane who is 6'1" into a 9' tall hagrid, they will have no trouble making a 6'9" guy look 8' tall.

AViking

Platinum Member
Sep 12, 2013
I could get over Dario being recast pretty quickly but was having a harder time with Jaime's look. The hair and something with his face makes him look completely different.

The show is much easier to watch now that it has been a few years since I've read the books.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
I could get over Dario being recast pretty quickly but was having a harder time with Jaime's look. The hair and something with his face makes him look completely different.

The show is much easier to watch now that it has been a few years since I've read the books.

They are no longer "at war", I am sure Jamie is excepted to have his hair cut like the rest of the Lannister's while in the city peacefully.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
They are no longer "at war", I am sure Jamie is excepted to have his hair cut like the rest of the Lannister's while in the city peacefully.

This. He has been back a few weeks and had a good shave, a shower, and a hair cut.
He also is a different person.
I'm not sure if that is a spoiler or not, so I went ahead and tagged it. It may not have been expanded on in the series by this point.

TheAdvocate

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2005
First season. He jousts against Loras who beats him because he picks a mare that's in heat and The Mountain's horse gets all riled up. That's why he then beheads it and almost Loras as well.

Yeah Loras kinda cheats us out of the full fury of the mountain on a horse. But that was kind of the point - no one could beat him legitimately. Loras was supposed to be pretty damn good, but he knew he had zero chance.

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006

Yeah I finished the 5th book shortly before season 2 started and then I went right into watching the show and while the visuals were great, knowing pretty much everything that was going to happen made it boring. Now that some time has passed I enjoyed this episode a lot more.

AViking

Platinum Member
Sep 12, 2013
Yeah I finished the 5th book shortly before season 2 started and then I went right into watching the show and while the visuals were great, knowing pretty much everything that was going to happen made it boring. Now that some time has passed I enjoyed this episode a lot more.

Yeah that sounds about right for me as well. I hated season 2 basically. Now I can enjoy it again.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I don't know what is wrong with you two! I reread all the books shortly before ADWD, read that one, and still enjoyed the show.