Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 178 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
62320132211107.jpg

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001

This is why I was soooo pissed at the guy who came into the "List what you've watched recently" thread and said "Someone kill a Lanister already!" in response to another person who was still in season one (like me) and had just bought the newly-released season 2 (also like me). I never had any fear for Tyrion through the rest of season 1 and all of season 2.

Fuuu-...

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
This is why I was soooo pissed at the guy who came into the "List what you've watched recently" thread and said "Someone kill a Lanister already!" in response to another person who was still in season one (like me) and had just bought the newly-released season 2 (also like me). I never had any fear for Tyrion through the rest of season 1 and all of season 2.

Fuuu-...

Then you probably shouldn't read what I type next. :p

What's odd is that Martin seems to take that same cliched approach to Tyrion. No other character feels as "invincible" as Tyrion does to me. I never feel like he's in any real danger cause it feels like Martin wants him there till the end.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Then you probably shouldn't read what I type next. :p

What's odd is that Martin seems to take that same cliched approach to Tyrion. No other character feels as "invincible" as Tyrion does to me. I never feel like he's in any real danger cause it feels like Martin wants him there till the end.

Which will of course make his death all the better.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
I just started book 4 the other day. It's been rather boring so far. :(

Book 4 crawls until the last few chapters, when it syncs up with the events near the end of Book 5.

4 had all the boring PoV characters,except for Arya, so it was a tough read.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
noone ever dies permanently in his books.
i bet book 6 we'll see ned stark again

jesus.. marvel/dc comics redux

except Ned's head is removed from his body, and he is only bones as his flesh/organs have been removed/destroyed - ie he's not coming back

ZaneNBK

Golden Member
Sep 14, 2000
well except for Jon Snow. -maybe

Well, first he would have to actually die. He was grievously wounded but he wasn't said to be dead IIRC. Given that GRRM has spelled out most major deaths previously, I think it's still likely he'll live.

bhagan

Sep 19, 2012
noone ever dies permanently in his books.
i bet book 6 we'll see ned stark again

jesus.. marvel/dc comics redux

Oh shit we don't know what happened to Ned's Bones. Ned is Robert Strong, you heard it here first!