Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 180 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
I hope this is a joke. He's got ONE line and you're saying he doesn't do a good job at it?

If you listened to the audio books read by Roy Dotrice you'd understand. The guy who does Hodor for the show really feels like he's just there saying "Hodor", hardly ever changing his inflection. Its hard to tell if he's excited or scared or inquisitive or confused, etc. You can tell all that when Roy Dotrice does it, all from just "Hodor".

T_Yamamoto

Lifer
Jul 6, 2011
He does say Hodor with good depth. Like when they're in the tower and it starts to thunder, his hodoring (I guess that's what you can call it) becomes more frantic. But when the fat guy meets him in the woods and says "I've heard about you Hodor" (or something like that), he hodors pretty happily

Hodor should be a verb

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
I think a Spanish accent is a good choice for the Dornish. I think of a Mediterranean look for the Dornish. Although he does look a bit whiter than I would have expected.

The-Princess-Bride-the-princess-bride-4563982-1280-720.jpg

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
http://thelostclassics.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/The-Princess-Bride-the-princess-bride-4563982-1280-720.jpg

That's who I thought of in the one scene. I think George Martin was inspired by the Princess Bride.

Last edited:

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
I saw some casting news that the show is looking for actors under 5' feet tall. I wonder if they are casting hobbits or elves or both?
Penny and her brother, or Children of the Forest?

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
I saw some casting news that the show is looking for actors under 5' feet tall. I wonder if they are casting hobbits or elves or both?
Penny and her brother, or Children of the Forest?

well, next season would have Penny in it if they keep her character in the show (as they're supposed to "joust" in Joffrey's wedding), but she and her brother are supposed to be dwarfs like Tyrion, not just short people. Although maybe "actors under 5 feet tall" is the PC way of recruiting little people.

KlokWyze

Diamond Member
Sep 7, 2006
www.dogsonacid.com
Dayum! Episode 9 got me kinda depressed so I'm posting in this thread.... Did not see that shit coming.
The fetus stabbing was not cool man. NOT COOL AT ALL MAN.:'(