Game of Thrones - TV Series (NO BOOK SPOILERS)

Page 138 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Actually you have.

If that even is true, it was definitely long ago enough I don't remember. And I won't again. You're too flagrant.

Enough with the thread derail. Nobody cares about your downloads. Go start your own nzb thread if you want to post screenies.

benzylic

Golden Member
Jun 12, 2006
"But you didn't ask if I was a liar."

The real hint to his identity is the device Theon is tortured on.

I forgot he said that.

Are you talking about the big X? Or as a friend described it "the almost cross." That definitely doesn't help me any.:D

MontyAC

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2004
425px-Bolton_crest_with_motto.png

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
so the guy who blew the horn (and other men) at the seige of Winterfell wasnt Winterfell forces?

What happened to the 200 Winterfell men that was sent to out on Theon's rouse?

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
so the guy who blew the horn (and other men) at the seige of Winterfell wasnt Winterfell forces?

What happened to the 200 Winterfell men that was sent to out on Theon's rouse?

They were mostly Bolton men, one of the many noble northern houses that serve under the Starks (Roose Bolton, the current Bolton Lord, is currently holding Harrenhal in the Riverlands, where he has Jaime and Brienne captive)

Basically they took Winterfell from Theon and are currently holding it, and keeping Theon captive, likely in the Bolton seat at the Dreadfort

556px-The_North.png

meanwhile the Ironmen are holding Moat Cailin, which is surrounded by difficult terrain (supposed to be swamps and shit) and thus control the only reliable over-land pass and of course the Ironmen also likely have the most powerful remaining navy, especially since Stannis' fleet was largely destroyed by wildfire in the Battle of the Blackwater at King's Landing. So basically it was never the plan to take Winterfell directly, what Balon Greyjoy intended was to cut off the north completely at the neck and essentially hold siege to the entire north, raiding and pillaging all the other cities and towns in a guerrilla campaign while the majority of Robb's forces are trapped in the south. So basically Theon fucked up pretty big.

bigger map:

speculative_map.jpg

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
Is that a spoiler?

its sort of a spoiler in that the show isn't flat out spelling out who it is, but if you go through and pay attention you can figure it out without too much trouble

note Roose Bolton, particularly the insignia on his chest:

fanpop+com.jpg

or his banner we can see in the background in this scene:

vlcsnap2013051014h10m06.jpg

now we have Theon...

got0302-2131.jpg

doesn't take a Rocket Surgeon to figure out its probably the Boltons who have Theon

Mar 10, 2005
Sorta. A lot of people are casually talking about the house name for an identity viewers aren't supposed to have learned yet. As mentioned though, there have been a number visual clues about it in the show.

it's not a spoiler, it's logic.

michael bolton says "i've got 500 men and my bastard there" and then theon gets screwed and winterfell is burned. what is not to understand?

MikeyLSU

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2005
It's still a little spoilery for those who haven't pieced it together yet, of which there appear to be a few/several in this thread.

I shouldn't have said "learned"..."revealed to the viewer" would have been a better phrase.

agree, it is obvious to those of us who have read the books, but I doubt anyone else has picked up on the very subtle clues. I think they should all be put as spoilers.