Funny things you see people buy late night...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
reminds me of a thread I saw on another board...name 3 things you could buy at WalMart in the middle of the night that would make the cashier raise their eyebrows lol

1. Ladder
2. Binoculars
3. Lube

I remember it well...the absolute worst thing I remember seeing was :

1. Baby bottles
2. Antifreeze
3. Trash bags

D:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: brianmanahan

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I clicked on this thread with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised by the replies.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
reminds me of a thread I saw on another board...name 3 things you could buy at WalMart in the middle of the night that would make the cashier raise their eyebrows lol

1. Ladder
2. Binoculars
3. Lube

I remember it well...the absolute worst thing I remember seeing was :

1. Baby bottles
2. Antifreeze
3. Trash bags

D:

It only takes one:

1. Olive Oil

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
You should have slapped her in the back of the head for buying a snuggie. Everyone knows this.

Oct 19, 2000
Why do people talk shit about Snuggies? It's just a damn blanket that happens to have sleeves. I never understood the hate, unless you're just pissed you didn't think of it first.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Slankets are pretty much like Snuggies, and I love mine, it even has a big pocket at the bottom to put my feet in. Keeps me much warmer than a rob ever could. I don't care it looks goofy, when I'm at home on my couch my appearance is at the bottom of the list of things I'm worried about.

I don't like the commercial, but I bought it because it looked like it would do a kick ass job of keeping me warm in the winter, and that it does.

Maybe if you cared more about your appearance then Rob might put more effort into keeping you warm.

Hmmm, didn't think of that did you? :colbert:

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Wait, the world got a little blurry right after I thought I saw a post from the theflyingpig where he abraded someone for being judgmental. I think I better go lay down.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Wait, the world got a little blurry right after I thought I saw a post from the theflyingpig where he abraded someone for being judgmental. I think I better go lay down.

It was almost a year ago.
Trust me, he's mended his ways.

bruceb

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
You know he will never tell what he wanted or did buy. But you can be sure, unless he was sick, he did not need it that late at night.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Just so I get this straight, the OP, after being burned mercilessly by TFP, simmered for nearly a year. Then had to necro this thread again?

thepd7

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2005
Whats really interesting is that you fail to mention why you were at CVS late in the night, BudAshes. You fail to mention what you bought. You fail to mention a lot of things. Instead you choose to tell us about a couple in love, and a woman kind enough to buy a gift for someone special to her. You talk about these people as though they are the scum of the earth, and you don't even know them. Your snap judgements tell us everything we need to know about you, Bud Ashes. Everyone knows this.

possibly your best work

haha I thought so too. He's really been on his game recently so I was going to congratulate him but then I noticed it was a year old. I think I'm starting to appreciate him more because of the recent list of horrible, crappy trolls.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
Just so I get this straight, the OP, after being burned mercilessly by TFP, simmered for nearly a year. Then had to necro this thread again?

Damn, I just noticed the date on that. This makes TFP's ownage all that much more complete.

SphinxnihpS

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2005
El Producto Queens
Copper ChoreBoy
Arm & Hammer Baking Soda
Hemostat
Cotton balls
Bottle of Everclear.

Hmmm... wonder what's going on there?

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003

Yep i thought about this every day for a year. I didn't reply because i lost my fingers in a horribly ironic accident. I was cuddling under a blanket when i reached for the remote and I couldn't get my hands out from under the blanket. I became more and more wrapped up in it the more I struggled. My hands were so tangled in the blanket I could not get them out and the blanket had become wrapped around the couch leg so i couldn't get away. 3 days I lay there waiting for help, crying out, hoping some human would hear me. Alas, no one came, so I decided I had to take drastic measures. I gnawed my fingers off releasing my hands from the vise grip of the blanket knots. I crawled to the phone bleeding everywhere and was just able to dial 911 with my face before I blacked out from blood loss. When the EMT's were taking me away they said I kept mumbling the same thing over and over "if only I had gotten the snuggie"

Luckily I just picked some bionic fingers up at CVS late last night. I also purchased some hemorrhoid creme, a baseball bat, some rubber gloves, Vaseline and a Big Mouth Billy Bass. They were all out of snuggies :(

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
someone must have seen me at the super market last night with a cart full to the brim with groceries...only to leave empty handed cos I left my wallet at home...

Going again today but definitely going to another market XD

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
When I look at my old posts, I think "God damn! I am an idiot!" What others were doubtless thinking when they read my posts.

This thread is an object lesson in why not to ever bump them. Because, you just look even worse than the first go around.

• Haha

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
When I look at my old posts, I think "God damn! I am an idiot!" What others were doubtless thinking when they read my posts.

This thread is an object lesson in why not to ever bump them. Because, you just look even worse than the first go around.

You really care what the people of atot think of you. I really don't think much of most of them, but maybe it's just because the loudest ones are the biggest douches.