Funny incident from a party the other night

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Steve

Lifer
May 2, 2004
www.chicagopipeband.com
Originally posted by: sygyzy
Why did you give him your empty plate to take? That is really rude.

So is some douchebag who rudely comes along interrupting their conversation. It's disrespectful.

OP, I for one enjoyed your handing him his comeuppance. You handled it well. I also enjoyed the pic of your ex's rack. You handled it well.

toolboxolio

Jan 22, 2007
What is the OP trying to prove, exactly?

That he is able to restrain from using a class he mastered for self-defense that is meant for kids and women? Reason to post pic of ok looking ex-gf? What?

Did treating the "other" dude like a house servant make you feel cool as well?

I just don't get it.

All I can assume is that this "other" guy is indeed boning the ****** out of your ex while you are getting feelings for her again. At least that is what I think that you think.

Yet you did nothing to man up except say you do martial arts on the side.

slimrhcp

Jul 20, 2005
Originally posted by: toolboxolio

That he is able to restrain from using a class he mastered for self-defense that is meant for kids and women? Reason to post pic of ok looking ex-gf? What?

I just don't get it.

All I can assume is that this "other" guy is indeed boning the ****** out of your ex while you are getting feelings for her again. At least that is what I think that you think.

Um I don't train with any females or children. I was just recounting a story, sorry if you can't comprehend that.

Maybe you also need help in understanding common courtesy. It's rude to interrupt a conversation two people are having.

Maybe you missed the post about how he tried to get her number via facebook and was turned down. It's okay if you need help catching up.

And I don't feel the need to "man up" to people in a social setting. The only reason I even gave a background was to tell a complete story. Most people don't go around saying "I train everyday." One of the objectives of martial arts is to develop discipline. The majority of college age guys would either start a fight or mope if some dude was hitting on their girl at a party. Granted my response wasn't the best, but it was far from the worst. I'm not perfect, sorry. Like I said before, since I've started training religiously I haven't gotten into any fights.

Just like it doesn't pay to be a nice guy, it also doesn't pay to be a hater and to instigate. I'd like to think I'd handle a similar situation the same or better in the future.

slimrhcp

Jul 20, 2005

I just don't get it.

Forgot to mention, the pic was requested. And by my calculations she's an eight. Refer to my previous post if you have any number questions.

toolboxolio

Jan 22, 2007
Originally posted by: slimrhcp

I just don't get it.

Um I don't train with any females or children. I was just recounting a story, sorry if you can't comprehend that.

Maybe you also need help in understanding common courtesy. It's rude to interrupt a conversation two people are having.

Maybe you missed the post about how he tried to get her number via facebook and was turned down. It's okay if you need help catching up.

And I don't feel the need to "man up" to people in a social setting. The only reason I even gave a background was to tell a complete story. Most people don't go around saying "I train everyday." One of the objectives of martial arts is to develop discipline. The majority of college age guys would either start a fight or mope if some dude was hitting on their girl at a party. Granted my response wasn't the best, but it was far from the worst. I'm not perfect, sorry. Like I said before, since I've started training religiously I haven't gotten into any fights.

Just like it doesn't pay to be a nice guy, it also doesn't pay to be a hater and to instigate. I'd like to think I'd handle a similar situation the same or better in the future.

Still, this is your side of the story. And as someone who is trying to dissect your thoughts on your own experience, I wrote assumptions about the general situation. I am sure if the other guy posted, the description would be similar to your train of thought but biased in his favor as well.

Did he really do anything wrong? He is trying to hook up with a girl he likes in a normal college-setting fashion... by what you have said. Even with your slander on his character, you haven't said anything about this guy that makes you better than him.

These are YOUR words I am basing my assumptions off of.

This is my view on the situation, in order:

-guy likes your ex
-you don't like it and find reason to be an ass to him
--- ie. "disrespect" moment for joining your conversation
--- ie.giving him your empty dish to take away
-you think he is getting turned down by ex
-you now think you are better than him
-martial arts references

You posted it, I interpreted it that way. Next time just kick the guys ass like you wanted to... then post.

slimrhcp

Jul 20, 2005

Still, this is your side of the story. And as someone who is trying to dissect your thoughts on your own experience, I wrote assumptions about the general situation. I am sure if the other guy posted, the description would be similar to your train of thought but biased in his favor as well.

Did he really do anything wrong? He is trying to hook up with a girl he likes in a normal college-setting fashion... by what you have said. Even with your slander on his character, you haven't said anything about this guy that makes you better than him.

These are YOUR words I am basing my assumptions off of.

This is my view on the situation, in order:

-guy likes your ex
-you don't like it and find reason to be an ass to him
--- ie. "disrespect" moment for joining your conversation
--- ie.giving him your empty dish to take away
-you think he is getting turned down by ex
-you now think you are better than him
-martial arts references

You posted it, I interpreted it that way. Next time just kick the guys ass like you wanted to... then post.

I'm thinking that if the other guy posted it would be quite dissimilar to my post. He didn't get a number, he didn't man-up (as you like to say), and without any resolution shook my hand before he left. As I said in my OP I had no idea he was bitter at me until the next day.

He was wrong for interrupting the conversation. He also knew that we had been seeing each other again. When someone (me) comes into a party and gets a more than friendly kiss that should be a tell tale sign of something right there. And when someone is defamed in writing it's call LIBEL not SLANDER.

The situation is this:
- guy likes my ex girl/current friend with benefits
- guy was rude by interrupting my conversation with her
- I gave him back a sample of rude behavior
- I KNOW he got turned down by my ex
- I'm better than him in the respect I wouldn't go to someplace I wasn't invited and create an issue with someone in the host/hostess's close circle
- my fight training helped diffuse the sitation. It's all about discipline. Besides if I would have fought him I would have been wrong for using my training against someone with none. Then I would have been flamed for that and maybe have some legal problems as well.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Originally posted by: George P Burdell
Now if only he'd wanted a dance-off instead of a fight...

We ain't throwin' down fists, baby... we be throwin' down the mats... 'cause it's a Dancin' Revolution!

Out of a total of ten I divide 2 pts evenly in five categories.
1.5/2 face
2/2 chest
1.5/2 legs
1.5/2 butt
1.5/2 personality

Nice to know her personality is worth as much as the smelly place ;).

Azurik

Platinum Member
Jan 23, 2002
Originally posted by: Azurik

She is definitely not a strong 8. I think your scale is broken.

Out of a total of ten I divide 2 pts evenly in five categories.
1.5/2 face
2/2 chest
1.5/2 legs
1.5/2 butt
1.5/2 personality

Your glass is 3/4 full. Here, let me do the math for you:

1/2 face = she has an average face
1/2 chest = bigger ain't always better, can't see how they hang naturally as she's wearing a bra and supporting top, so i'll give you the benefit of the doubt and give her an average here
1/2 legs = can't see it all, but nothing screams bad or good, average
1/2 butt = again, i'm giving you the benefit of the doubt
.75/1 personality = if she got along with you and i only know of you through your posting, i have to mark her down for this

RESULT = 4.75/10

And even your numbers do not give her a strong 8. You gave her exactly an 8.0. That's a weak 8

In any case, she's a strong 4.

Uppsala9496

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 2001

- my fight training helped diffuse the sitation. It's all about discipline. Besides if I would have fought him I would have been wrong for using my training against someone with none. Then I would have been flamed for that and maybe have some legal problems as well.
That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Your fight training helped you? Did the other guy start a fight? No. So how did your fight training help you?
Oh wait, your fight training helped you not pick/start a fight. I get it now. It all makes sense.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
I read the topic, then read the story, then wondered where the funny was.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Qwest
...awaiting parody thread that will be 5x funnier.

low chance of that...people here do not know how to make funny parodies.

edit for spelling

ggnl

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
Originally posted by: pontifex
Originally posted by: Qwest
...awaiting parody thread that will be 5x funnier.

low cahnce of that...people here do not know how to make funny aprodies.

quoted because you tried to fix it :p

eleison

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2006
Ahh... to be back in highschool again.....

I miss all the:

1) cockblocking
2) machismo
3) women who are not an "8", but because of hormones people think they are.
4) kunfu, dirty dish shoving martial arts experts
5) partying @ the the "crib" which happens to be the parents home...

this thread is somewhat amusing due to the naivety of the poster... Play on player!!!!! All where are missing is some references to the herp and a harry arm..

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
I don't get it, if she's your ex where the hell do you fit into the equation? If he wants to get with her who are you to stand in his way?