Funny incident from a party the other night

slimrhcp

Jul 20, 2005
Notable Characters: Me, Ex-GF, random dude

Scene: Ex-GF's parent's house

Background: Rekindled relationship with girl of four years. Nothing serious right now, no titles. Her parents are out of town. Small party at the crib.

How it played out: Ex spent most of the time playing hostess. I spent most of the time hanging out with my ex's brother (ex-ATOTer, Toly) and my other good friend. Everyone is playing drinking games, ie typical college party. Ex is friends with most of the people there, but as usual a friend of a friend always shows up. I guess Dude (friend of her friend) thinks she's cute and wants to hang out with her, talk, etc. At some point he finds out who I am. Ex leaves main group of people to talk to me and my buddy. Dude comes in and interupts my conversation. I took this as a sign of disrespect, but didn't want to make a big deal out of it. I told him that I was glad he came over and handed him my empty plate to take. So he leaves the room and apparently he told a couple people there that he wanted to fight me or something. I didn't think it was any big deal. I even shook his hand before he left. The next morning my ex told me he wanted to fight me. Hahahah.

Post party thoughts: I was really surprised that the guy was telling people he wanted to throw down. I mean I used to get into fights my first couple years of college but that would be when my buddies were already fighting. To me, instigating fights is high school bs that doesn't involve any maturity.

The stats are as follows:
Me: 22 y/o, 5'10", 165lbs, year and a half of bjj and judo, almost a year of kickboxing, 100% sober that night
Ex: 21 y/0, 5'5", 128lbs, 34D, rides like a pro (taught everything she knows by yours-truly)
Dude: 20 y/o, 6'1", ~160lbs, no fight experience (asked his friend afterwards), apparently had a lot of liquid courage (but wasn't fall over drunk or too bold)

BTW, I do mixed martial arts for the competitive aspect of it, not to fight random people at parties.

Mardeth

Platinum Member
Jul 24, 2002
Oh geez, he disrespected you... Oh noes.... Respect is overrated.

slimrhcp

Jul 20, 2005
Originally posted by: Mardeth
Oh geez, he disrespected you... Oh noes.... Respect is overrated.

I guess rude would have been a more proper word.

Originally posted by: waggy
wow another guy on the web who is a stud and has a hot ex!

I never said she was a dime. She's a strong eight though.

Originally posted by: TallBill
Wow, worst story so far this month.

The month is still young :)

sjwaste

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by: slimrhcp

Background: Rekindled relationship with girl of four years. Nothing serious right now, no titles. Her parents are out of town. Small party at the crib.

How it played out: Ex spent most of the time playing hostess. I spent most of the time hanging out with my ex's brother (ex-ATOTer, Toly) and my other good friend. Everyone is playing drinking games, ie typical college party. Ex is friends with most of the people there, but as usual a friend of a friend always shows up. I guess Dude (friend of her friend) thinks she's cute and wants to hang out with her, talk, etc. At some point he finds out who I am. Ex leaves main group of people to talk to me and my buddy. Dude comes in and interupts my conversation. I took this as a sign of disrespect, but didn't want to make a big deal out of it. I told him that I was glad he came over and handed him my empty plate to take. So he leaves the room and apparently he told a couple people there that he wanted to fight me or something. I didn't think it was any big deal. I even shook his hand before he left. The next morning my ex told me he wanted to fight me. Hahahah.

Post party thoughts: I was really surprised that the guy was telling people he wanted to throw down. I mean I used to get into fights my first couple years of college but that would be when my buddies were already fighting. To me, instigating fights is high school bs that doesn't involve any maturity.

Me: 22 y/o, 5'10", 165lbs, year and a half of bjj and judo, almost a year of kickboxing, 100% sober that night
Ex: 21 y/0, 5'5", 128lbs, 34D, rides like a pro (taught everything she knows by yours-truly)
Dude: 20 y/o, 6'1", ~160lbs, no fight experience (asked his friend afterwards), apparently had a lot of liquid courage (but wasn't fall over drunk or too bold)

BTW, I do mixed martial arts for the competitive aspect of it, not to fight random people at parties.

Seriously man, not kicking his ass was the right move, but eventually you'll mature to the point to where you'll stop being proud of yourself for thinking you could've kicked his ass but held back and were great for doing so.

Maybe you should've stepped back and realized you still go to parties at friends' parents houses while they're out of town. There's a lot of highschool-ness left in that. Check the ego.

ric1287

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2005
Originally posted by: slimrhcp

i hope her brother reads this. Now that would be funny