From the "it doesn't exist" Voter Fraud files

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
To be perfectly honest my biggest complaint is assholes at the polls telling me who I should vote for. I'd like to smack them. In the face.

Thats a felony too but no one seems to care.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
They are allowed to stand outside the polls and try to garner your vote with simple words and papers. It is legal. Inside the polling place, not allowed.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
That is one person saying something which may or may not be true. You claimed the purpose of the law is ZYX. Show the portion of that law supporting your statement or else admit you are a liar.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
For example, if we look at the photo ID law, it clearly says its purpose at the start of the law...which is not surprising, they all do:

THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF PENNSYLVANIA

HOUSE BILL

No.934 Session of 2011

INTRODUCED BY METCALFE, AUMENT, BARRAR, BOYD, CAUSER, CLYMER, COX, CREIGHTON, CRUZ, CUTLER, DENLINGER, DUNBAR, ELLIS, EVANKOVICH, EVERETT, GABLER, GEIST, GILLEN, GINGRICH, GRELL, GROVE, HELM, HICKERNELL, KAUFFMAN, KNOWLES, KRIEGER, MAHER, MARSHALL, MILLARD, MOUL, PEIFER, PERRY, PETRI, PICKETT, PYLE, RAPP, REED, ROAE, SACCONE, SAYLOR, SCHRODER, SIMMONS, SONNEY, STEVENSON, TALLMAN, TRUITT, VULAKOVICH AND REICHLEY, MARCH 4, 2011

SENATOR CORMAN, APPROPRIATIONS, IN SENATE, RE-REPORTED AS AMENDED, MARCH 5, 2012

AN ACT

1 Amending the act of June 3, 1937 (P.L.1333, No.320), entitled...
10 Section 1. Section 102 of the act of June 3, 1937 (P.L.1333,
11 No.320), known as the Pennsylvania Election Code, is amended by
http://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS...d=0&billBody=H&billTyp=B&billNbr=0934&pn=3166

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
At least you showed that those who say it is not happening are all liars. Well done in your support for voter ID. :thumbsup:

Nobody in this thread has said it doesn't happen, but rather that it's statistically insignificant, that existing statutes generally act as effective control. Your own sources prove that. Nobody has suggested that govt not exercise due diligence or not pursue fraudsters, but rather that the Photo ID Crusade must have other purposes, given the extreme rarity of in person voter fraud.

If you say you want X because of Y, and Y is insignificant, then you must either be delusional or you have other reasons for demanding X quite so strenuously.

From you, I'll accept either possibility, but not from Repub leaders.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Nobody in this thread has said it doesn't happen, but rather that it's statistically insignificant...

Cannibalism is stastistically insignificant too...Just saying that you are using a bad line of reasoning.

EDIT: I want Photo ID in order to ensure the US Constitution is being followed wrt the age of voting, the same that is done with cigarettes and alcohol.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
I'm quite sure that laws establishing poll taxes & literacy tests were equally expressive of true intent.

Pull them up and quote them, if you want to use them. You really should, since you keep falling back on them.

Ready to admit you lied yet?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Cannibalism is stastistically insignificant too...

Just saying that you are using a bad line of reasoning.

Desperate false equivalency. Voter fraud is already against the law, just like cannibalism.

Perhaps citizens should be forced to prove that they're not cannibals in order to vote, huh?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
What you want is akin to saying they cannot look for dead human remains in the homes in order to prove cannibalism. We all know you use the phrase "false equivalency" to mean "oh crap, I cannot actually defend against that". You do it all the time.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
What you want is akin to saying they cannot look for dead human remains in the homes in order to prove cannibalism. We all know you use the phrase "false equivalency" to mean "oh crap, I cannot actually defend against that". You do it all the time.

Looking for remains after the fact of human cannibalism is analagous to looking for evidence of voter fraud after the fact, yes.

Otherwise, your comparison is false equivalency, yes.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
In the hopes to show you that your logic is failed, I will move on to an even easier to understand example. You are required to show ID to fly an airplane because less than a dozen people who flew were hijackers and terrorists in 2001.

Why aren't you not fighting the good fight to make the photo ID requirement to fly go away?

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
At least you showed that those who say it is not happening are all liars. Well done in your support for voter ID. :thumbsup:

Good job making another dumb post.

No doubt they were hoping to catch more people.

Good job ignoring the fact that this type of voter fraud which voter i.d. laws are meant to catch is very rare compared to other types.

god and you wonder why I don't provide links when you request them now...:rolleyes:

Because you'll ignore anything that doesn't comport with your point of view.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
In the hopes to show you that your logic is failed, I will move on to an even easier to understand example. You are required to show ID to fly an airplane because less than a dozen people who flew were hijackers and terrorists in 2001.

Why aren't you not fighting the good fight to make the photo ID requirement to fly go away?

Why are you desperately duh-verting?

Oh, wait- I already know, it's because you're desperate.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
No, no, all the credit for proving in person voter fraud exists goes to you in this case. You did the work, stand up and take the bow and the applause for it, you deserve it.

No no vato, I wouldn't (and really couldn't if I tried) dream of taking away from the master of making posts that are near perfect specimens of meandering morasses of mediocrity.

You are too oblivious to your mastery in that regard.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
The republicans are trying this voter ID crap in iOwa. One republican legislator could not get his way, so he tried to derail the process of law and institute his own rules that would have questioned and endangered over 3000 legally registered voters from voting.
All this in the last final hours before the election, naturally.
He was stopped in his tracks. Sometimes, the good guys still win.

Now as a backlash, republican majority lawmakers are passing laws that will require everyone renewing a driver license, to provide a birth certificate when renewing.
So if you're say 50 years old, a licensed driver all your life, living in the state all your life, and you want to renew that driver license, you will now need to provide a birth certificate.

Talk about creating a solution for a non existent problem....

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Why are you desperately duh-verting?

Oh, wait- I already know, it's because you're desperate.

No diversion, just showing your logic to be full of fail. You recognize this, so you shift to your other tactic of "crap, that really is true, but I have to admit I am wrong so I will instead play stupid and say duh".

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
No no vato, I wouldn't (and really couldn't if I tried) dream of taking away from the master of making posts that are near perfect specimens of meandering morasses of mediocrity.

You are too oblivious to your mastery in that regard.

You are too modest bro...you do deserve the credit, you did it all by yourself.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
No diversion, just showing your logic to be full of fail. You recognize this, so you shift to your other tactic of "crap, that really is true, but I have to admit I am wrong so I will instead play stupid and say duh".

You merely showed your desperation.

Flying in a commercial airliner & voting are unrelated activities. Being unable to board an airplane doesn't mean you should be unable to vote. Millions of citizens who have the right to vote will never fly anywhere.

Maybe we should establish some arbitrary & capricious no vote list like the no fly list, huh?

Oh, wait... Repubs are already doing that....

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
You merely showed your desperation.

Flying in a commercial airliner & voting are unrelated activities. Being unable to board an airplane doesn't mean you should be unable to vote. Millions of citizens who have the right to vote will never fly anywhere.

Maybe we should establish some arbitrary & capricious no vote list like the no fly list, huh?

Oh, wait... Repubs are already doing that....

Yes, they're called FELONS

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
You are too modest bro...you do deserve the credit, you did it all by yourself.

Sorry man. you're just too good at "Duh-version" that anyone thinking of taking credit from who for that would be an outright liar. Therefore, the credit is all yours.