From the "it doesn't exist" Voter Fraud files

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Wrong. As was pointed out last time there were 113 convictions for in-person voter fraud in MN in one election. And many more who were let off for "oops I didnt know it was illegal".

It is just that every time liberals are presented with proof they go "That doesnt count".

113 cases of felons voting, as has been pointed out many times, but you continue to conflate the issues. Explain how picture ID would have prevented that.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Wrong. As was pointed out last time there were 113 convictions for in-person voter fraud in MN in one election. And many more who were let off for "oops I didnt know it was illegal".
You, of course, nicely proved his point by yet again conflating the type of voter impersonation fraud that photo IDs might affect with a case of 113 ineligible -- but registered -- people voting as themselves. This has been explained to you several times, leaving only one question. Are you too stupid to understand the difference, or too dishonest to acknowledge it?

It is just that every time liberals are presented with proof they go "That doesnt count". ...
Yes, that's called critical thinking skills, also known as using one's brain. You really should try it. Intelligent people aren't going to blindly accept something as an example of in-person voter impersonation fraud just because you pretend it is. You'll need to produce actual examples of in-person voter impersonation fraud, or even better, show statistical evidence of a material level of such fraud, before anyone is going to give your "evidence" any credence.

In simpler terms, you don't prove the sky is blue by pointing at blue cars. That's all your example is, 113 blue cars, while the topic is the color of the sky.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
I love how you flop about like a fish out of water when you realize your position was shown to be stupid.
Yes honey, you're a winnar too! Here's your little green ribbon. Now go play, and don't hurt your arm by patting yourself on the back.

Such a special child.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
You, of course, nicely proved his point by yet again conflating the type of voter impersonation fraud that photo IDs might affect with a case of 113 ineligible -- but registered -- people voting as themselves. This has been explained to you several times, leaving only one question. Are you too stupid to understand the difference, or too dishonest to acknowledge it?

You mean like illegal immigrants. A group the Democrats have been pandering to?

Seems like they would be ineligible but could register and vote as themselves.

But maybe felons had such a good time in prison they cannot wait to go back :D

Jan 25, 2011

You keep dodging the question. Are you arguing that voter ID would have prevented any of the cases of voter fraud you are citing?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Caught in one gross misrepresentation, you instantly duh-vert to another. Once busted for that, you'll move on to yet another, finally circling back around to the first, as if you haven't already been busted for that multiple times.

You know you're lying, and the rest of us know it too, so why do you persist with the same ones over & over?

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
You keep dodging the question. Are you arguing that voter ID would have prevented any of the cases of voter fraud you are citing?

Not those specific cases obviously.

But how can you argue voter fraud does not exist when there were 113 convictions in one state in one election?

Caught in one gross misrepresentation, you instantly duh-vert to another. Once busted for that, you'll move on to yet another, finally circling back around to the first, as if you haven't already been busted for that multiple times.

You know you're lying, and the rest of us know it too, so why do you persist with the same ones over & over?

Fraud is fraud. Obviously the kinds of voter fraud that require ID to identify wont be found without checking ID.

Obviously it would be silly for Obama to waste time pandering to a group of people who cannot vote for him.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
I know there is Voter ID fraud out there...I just know there is!

just because you DON'T see it, doesn't mean it's not out there!!

/Foxnews

Jan 25, 2011
Not those specific cases obviously.

But how can you argue voter fraud does not exist when there were 113 convictions in one state in one election?

Fraud is fraud. Obviously the kinds of voter fraud that require ID to identify wont be found without checking ID.

Obviously it would be silly for Obama to waste time pandering to a group of people who cannot vote for him.

No one says it doesn't exist. Please find where anyone says it doesn't exist. You are being dishonest. What is said is it does not exist in any appreciable number that would be impacted by voter ID. Where it does exist, ID in no way impacts it at all.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
you turn off your critical thinking ability

hence, you do not see the problem

I love it how hypocritical the GOP is on this issue.

Big government in the bedroom
Big government in the ballot office

NO to big government on assault weapons
NO to big government on healthcare

so simple...

No hypocrisy at all. Republicans are for government involvement if you request the government to recognize your relationship as special or if you want to vote for government office. Gee I wonder why government is involved there? ^_^

What is next are you going to complain if the police come over to your house if you call 911?

I know there is Voter ID fraud out there...I just know there is!

just because you DON'T see it, doesn't mean it's not out there!!

/Foxnews

So you are arguing if a tree falls in the forest it doesnt make a sound :D

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
The food you need to stay alive to be able to get that free ID costs money too. Food must be free or there is voter suppression going on!!1!1

This is the fucking exact thing that is dragging this forum even further down than usual. How is this clown not perma-banned?

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Holy shit, Batman! Why, that's .0000002% of the votes cast in 2008!

It's a fucking emergency! Illegals voting everywhere, threatening the American way of life!

Let's use it as an excuse to disenfranchise a few million citizens who probably won't vote for our team, anyway! We can sell this! The chumps *will* go for it, bigtime!

The police only pull over 0.0000002% of motorists for speeding, so speeding isn't a problem. We should therefore eliminate speed limits.

More twisted "liberal" logic brought to you by Jhhnnhnhnhnhnn.

Jan 25, 2011
The police only pull over 0.0000002% of motorists for speeding, so speeding isn't a problem. We should therefore eliminate speed limits.

How many people are found to be speeding yearly, monthly, daily? Can you see it happening regularly if actively looking? Silly comparison.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005

Another false equivalency.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
B.....bu........but.....but.....Bush!!

lmao

That's all you got eh?

Well my friend who posts useless idiotic shite.

If any Democratic President in recent years had damaged this country in the way that President Bush has...:rolleyes:

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
That's all you got eh?

Well my friend who posts useless idiotic shite.

If any Democratic President in recent years had damaged this country in the way that President Bush has...:rolleyes:

You mean Obama? Yes, I thought Bush was bad, but Obama makes him look great.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
This is already handled in a much more first world way with the voter log books.

Lol no. Seriously that's your response? What if I am voting under a different name at a different polling place? Lol That's why we need purple ink because logs don't stop that shit. It's the most basic of voting fraud prevention and your dumb ass says no lol. Seriously I am laughing so hard at this right now.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Lol no. Seriously that's your response? What if I am voting under a different name at a different polling place? Lol That's why we need purple ink because logs don't stop that shit. It's the most basic of voting fraud prevention and your dumb ass says no lol. Seriously I am laughing so hard at this right now.
It's not a bad idea. I think the only real fault with it is it's addressing a problem that largely doesn't exist. We don't have any material level of people voting in person multiple times. It's just too inefficient. Far easier just to cast multiple absentee ballots if someone is intent on such fraud. No waiting in line, you have a month or more to cast as many ballots as you want, and you have far less risk of getting caught.

actuarial

Platinum Member
Jan 22, 2009

This is obviously a false equivalency, but I want to point out both reasons why. The first is that the ratio of speeders to overall motorists is orders of magnitude higher than the ratio of fraudulent vs legitimate ballots.

The second is that the argument isn't about simply passing a law that tells you not to do something. No one has advocated taking away the law saying illegals, convicts etc. are not allowed to vote. So the 'speed limit' will still be in place whether voter ID laws exist or not.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005

Laugh all you want at your hypothetical. My criminal mind isn't as advanced as yours and I was thinking merely of legitimate voters who only show up at their precinct to vote. If you're resorting to obviously criminal situations, the whole discussion really is moot.

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Holy shit, Batman! Why, that's .0000002% of the votes cast in 2008!

It's a fucking emergency! Illegals voting everywhere, threatening the American way of life!

Let's use it as an excuse to disenfranchise a few million citizens who probably won't vote for our team, anyway! We can sell this! The chumps *will* go for it, bigtime!

Only on the federal level. It's right in the article, these people voted in city elections as well, where their votes would be more statistically significant.

If three were caught, were there more?

Also, serious question: when we talk about purging suspected illegal voters, why does it only disenfranchise democrats? The last I checked, republicans get old and senile too. Did you see Clint Eastwood at the RNC? :D

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
It's not a bad idea. I think the only real fault with it is it's addressing a problem that largely doesn't exist. We don't have any material level of people voting in person multiple times. It's just too inefficient. Far easier just to cast multiple absentee ballots if someone is intent on such fraud. No waiting in line, you have a month or more to cast as many ballots as you want, and you have far less risk of getting caught.

Or have a bunch of illegal mexicans do it for you.

Of course then they might have to take of the "I'm an illegal immigrant" t-shirt first. I hope they have other clothes :D

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
You mean Obama? Yes, I thought Bush was bad, but Obama makes him look great.

This is what I mean by the idiotic post. But go on with it and continue to make these "clever" retorts that ignore actual facts. It's what you seem to be good at after all.

And continue to ignore these relevant facts....
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/24/opinion/sunday/24sun4.html?_r=0
The second graph shows that under Mr. Bush, tax cuts and war spending were the biggest policy drivers of the swing from projected surpluses to deficits from 2002 to 2009. Budget estimates that didn’t foresee the recessions in 2001 and in 2008 and 2009 also contributed to deficits. Mr. Obama’s policies, taken out to 2017, add to deficits, but not by nearly as much.
24editorial_graph2-popup.gif

24editorial_graph2.html