From the "it doesn't exist" Voter Fraud files

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
You said this:

You didn't say it was totally false, you just said it was false. You lying little troll weasel.
Sigh. I should have known based on past experience you wouldn't be able to follow a multi-sentence exchange. Let's put them back together in a single post, with intervening commentary excluded, and see if you can follow along:
SparkyJJO said: "2) they have to have ID to get their meds"
I said: "even more false"
See, that's because his comment was not true, i.e., it was false. He didn't say some have to have ID to get their meds. He made an unqualified assertion about all elderly. See how that works? Still too hard for you? I've heard good things about Sylvan.

This is why I rarely respond to you. Like, after this.
Very much appreciated. You should even consider putting me on ignore. That way I won't have to waste so much time dismantling your bitter, intractable BS over and over. You say something stupid. I point out why it's stupid. You move on in ignorant bliss, patting yourself on the back for being so special.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Ohh Moonie I'm wounded and hurt that you would ever think my concern for voting fraud is about suppressing the Democrat vote. It's only about fairness and a level playing field.

Did you want to see my birth certificate?

I don't think you personally want to suppress the vote. I think your conservative brain actually allows you to believe what is a total and obvious fiction, that these new rules in Republican states are there to prevent voter fraud. I think you are so mentally incapacitated by your conservative brain defects that you are capable of alternate reality belief. I think you are morally blind to reality and I think it's a shame. And I believe that the depth of your moral blindness is so profound that it's truly amazing. I wish there were a way you could be helped.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Yeah, there is no problem with voter registration numbers, at all...

http://www.npr.org/2012/02/14/146827471/study-1-8-million-dead-people-still-registered-to-vote

Say again?

Good post, but the partisan lefties will probably claim that NPR is being paid off by the Koch brothers.

A new report by the Pew Center on the States finds that more than 1.8 million dead people are currently registered to vote. And 24 million registrations are either invalid or inaccurate.

There's little evidence that this has led to widespread voter fraud, but it has raised concerns that the system is vulnerable.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Sigh. I should have known based on past experience you wouldn't be able to follow a multi-sentence exchange. Let's put them back together in a single post, with intervening commentary excluded, and see if you can follow along:
[INDENT SparkyJJO said: "2) they have to have ID to get their meds"
I said: "even more false"
[/INDENT] See, that's because his comment was not true, i.e., it was false. He didn't say some have to have ID to get their meds. He made an unqualified assertion about all elderly. See how that works? Still too hard for you? I've heard good things about Sylvan.

Very much appreciated. You should even consider putting me on ignore. That way I won't have to waste so much time dismantling your bitter, intractable BS over and over. You say something stupid. I point out why it's stupid. You move on in ignorant bliss, patting yourself on the back for being so special.

Nah, no "ignore" for you, it's too much fun catching you in a lie when you try to bully another poster and then watch you SQUEAL!! like a little piggie when I call you out on it.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Nah, no "ignore" for you, it's too much fun catching you in a lie when you try to bully another poster and then watch you SQUEAL!! like a little piggie when I call you out on it.

^ the amount of self-delusion in that post would be entertaining if it wasn't so abjectly pathetic.

Last edited:

mchammer187

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2000
Good post, but the partisan lefties will probably claim that NPR is being paid off by the Koch brothers.

This is only mildly related. I don't think the left has any opposition to states sharing voter registration information to get more accurate lists. Secondly there is no evidence this has lead to any widespread and systematic voter fraud.

Why not work on information sharing initiatives that focus on maintaining accurate registration data rather than these ID measures because the left might actually go along with them?

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Is Katherine Harris being mean to you again ? It was only 12 years ago! lol

Again another dumb pathetic post ignoring that what has been done in 2000 is being attempted again.

If only you what you posted was as good as you seem to think it is....:whiste:

marvdmartian

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2002
Holy shit, Batman! Why, that's .0000002% of the votes cast in 2008!

It's a fucking emergency! Illegals voting everywhere, threatening the American way of life!

Let's use it as an excuse to disenfranchise a few million citizens who probably won't vote for our team, anyway! We can sell this! The chumps *will* go for it, bigtime!

And here is the problem. People assume that since there's only been three official complaints lodged, that means there's only been three actual cases of it happening.

Just because the DA only prosecutes 3 people for dealing drugs in a bad neighborhood, per year, do you really believe those 3 people were the only ones dealing drugs? Or could it be that they're the only ones that he had a clear-cut case, that he was pretty sure he could prosecute and win??

Something doesn't not exist just because you don't see it. Our voting rights are a civic responsibility, and one of the greatest rights guaranteed to us, in this country. Do people really think so cheaply of this right to vote then, that they're willing to give it to anyone, regardless of that person's legal right to it? :rolleyes:

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Holy shit, Batman! Why, that's .0000002% of the votes cast in 2008!

It's a fucking emergency! Illegals voting everywhere, threatening the American way of life!

Let's use it as an excuse to disenfranchise a few million citizens who probably won't vote for our team, anyway! We can sell this! The chumps *will* go for it, bigtime!

and only .0000002% are actually disenfranchised; the rest are excuses made up by the Democrats for the lazy people that are eligible but to lazy to get out to vote.

mchammer187

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2000
And here is the problem. People assume that since there's only been three official complaints lodged, that means there's only been three actual cases of it happening.

Just because the DA only prosecutes 3 people for dealing drugs in a bad neighborhood, per year, do you really believe those 3 people were the only ones dealing drugs? Or could it be that they're the only ones that he had a clear-cut case, that he was pretty sure he could prosecute and win??

Something doesn't not exist just because you don't see it. Our voting rights are a civic responsibility, and one of the greatest rights guaranteed to us, in this country. Do people really think so cheaply of this right to vote then, that they're willing to give it to anyone, regardless of that person's legal right to it? :rolleyes:

You could be right but I think the make a case something is a problem first is a better first step than a legislate first attitude.

I compare this to control gun laws. Do you want legislation of every potential problem a gun control advocate can come up with even if there is only a handful of documented cases in the US?

Of course not because you don't want to hassle people anymore. Gun control people will say if it saves one life it is worth even if it causes thousands of man hours of inconvenience for law abiding citizens. What is the difference here?

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
If the young and the elderly who vote democrat also can't figure out that the ID is free, well that's their own fault.

Besides, I would highly suspect that the elderly already have IDs because
1) they were younger and driving once
2) they have to have ID to get their meds, and we all know the majority of the elderly have meds

So this really only leaves the poor and young students, who again just simply need to go get an ID that doesn't cost them anything.

I still fail to see the "problem" with requiring an ID to vote.

As has been pointed out elsewhere, in many states, the only place where one can get an ID card is at a DMV office. In many counties, there is no DMV office (requiring a trip to another county), or the DMV office is a long distance away. So getting an ID car requires taking a day off of work. That's hardly "free" for day laborers or those without available vacation time. Not to mention those who don't drive, who must somehow find a way to get to a DMV office.

So in practice, voter ID laws WILL cause many - the estimate in some states is hundreds of thousands - who are otherwise qualified to vote to not vote. This is not theoretical; this is a fact. Yet NO ONE is claiming that the number of fraudulent votes prevented by voter ID laws is more than a handful in any election. So those advocating voter ID laws are essentially arguing that preventing a handful of bad votes is a "greater good" than NOT suppressing hundreds of thousands of votes.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
and only .0000002% are actually disenfranchised; the rest are excuses made up by the Democrats for the lazy people that are eligible but to lazy to get out to vote.

Yeh, only zealots should be allowed to vote, right?

"Lazy" is just a slur & a method of denial on your part.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
If the young and the elderly who vote democrat also can't figure out that the ID is free, well that's their own fault.

Besides, I would highly suspect that the elderly already have IDs because
1) they were younger and driving once
2) they have to have ID to get their meds, and we all know the majority of the elderly have meds

So this really only leaves the poor and young students, who again just simply need to go get an ID that doesn't cost them anything.

I still fail to see the "problem" with requiring an ID to vote.

The ID itself may be free but the paperwork required to get that "free ID costs money"

Last edited:

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Tee ID itself may be free but the paperwork required to get that "free ID costs money"

The food you need to stay alive to be able to get that free ID costs money too. Food must be free or there is voter suppression going on!!1!1

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
The food you need to stay alive to be able to get that free ID costs money too. Food must be free or there is voter suppression going on!!1!1
That was an especially stupid false equivalency the first time you squeezed it out. It hasn't gotten better with age.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
That was an especially stupid false equivalency the first time you squeezed it out. It hasn't gotten better with age.

Hey, if you are going to use the prior to doing this you need to buy xyz (when you don't need to actually do that if you bothered to keep the one you got at birth), then everyone else can do it too.

You do not get to be the only one who can do that little dance. You put on the music and then cry like a baby when others dance better than you to it saying only you are allowed to dance.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Hey, if you are going to use the prior to doing this you need to buy xyz (when you don't need to actually do that if you bothered to keep the one you got at birth), then everyone else can do it too.

You do not get to be the only one who can do that little dance. You put on the music and then cry like a baby when others dance better than you to it saying only you are allowed to dance.

I didn't say you couldn't do it. I just said it is an especially stupid false equivalency. Feel free to use it all you want. It underscores how little you have to offer to the discussion.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Shameful strawman. Nobody has suggested that non-citizens should be legally allowed to vote.

The extreme rarity of in person voter fraud is obvious, particularly after a decade of right wing Repub Jihad attempting to root it out & politicize it. They're so desperate about it that they even conflate different kinds of fraud into their Crusade for picture ID.

Repub efforts in this regard show an extreme lack of confidence in their ideology and a distaste for democracy, even a fear of it and of the American people. The answer to 47% of American workers not paying federal income tax isn't to create jobs, ones that pay well, but rather just to prevent as many as possible from voting. That'll fix everything, right?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
I didn't say you couldn't do it. I just said it is an especially stupid false equivalency. Feel free to use it all you want. It underscores how little you have to offer to the discussion.

I love how you flop about like a fish out of water when you realize your position was shown to be stupid.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Shameful strawman. Nobody has suggested that non-citizens should be legally allowed to vote.

The extreme rarity of in person voter fraud is obvious, particularly after a decade of right wing Repub Jihad attempting to root it out & politicize it. They're so desperate about it that they even conflate different kinds of fraud into their Crusade for picture ID.

Wrong. As was pointed out last time there were 113 convictions for in-person voter fraud in MN in one election. And many more who were let off for "oops I didnt know it was illegal".

It is just that every time liberals are presented with proof they go "That doesnt count".

If you discount every case of evidence of voter fraud of course you are going to think it is not a problem :rolleyes:

Repub efforts in this regard show an extreme lack of confidence in their ideology and a distaste for democracy, even a fear of it and of the American people. The answer to 47% of American workers not paying federal income tax isn't to create jobs, ones that pay well, but rather just to prevent as many as possible from voting. That'll fix everything, right?

Good things those lefties have spent the last 40 trying to create jobs. Oh wait...