for those of you that are conservative or right leaning...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

?

• not a conservative

• conservative - hard core christian

• conservative - christian but not practicing

• conservative - not christian, but religious

• conservative - not religious at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

SammyJr

Golden Member
Feb 27, 2008
In reality there is really only 2 when it comes down to the federal government.
Those who believe in the constitution and those who don't.

Meh. Turning "provide for the defense" into global empire and preemptive war is probably more of a stretch than turning "promote the general welfare" into Universal Healthcare and pro-Middle Class policies.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Meh. Turning "provide for the defense" into global empire and preemptive war is probably more of a stretch than turning "promote the general welfare" into Universal Healthcare and pro-Middle Class policies.

LOL, true.

Kappo

Platinum Member
Aug 18, 2000
I just assumed the OP meant social conservatives.

Pretty sure that if I stepped in a church, I would be on the receiving end of a smiting if there is a God. I'm just not willing to risk it.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Conservative - Mormon

There is no definition for Christian.

Definitely not a war monger but I can support the troops. Rushing to war is a fools folley.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Not religious. Part of thinking and living for yourself includes not listening the invisible man in the clouds, or at least his idiot followers.

Hyraxxx

Oct 4, 2008
I'm a Rothbardian Anarchist and a Christian. :)

"Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, Give to God what belongs to God."

Caesar deserves nothing.

Cogman

Lifer
Sep 19, 2000
Great, so you are either Hardcore Christian or non-practicing? There is a middle ground ya know. (voted "HARD CORE" because I am practicing... Some day I hope to be a real christian!)

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
You idiot, God is not an inviible man in the clouds.

Quoted so people can see your brain isnt as wrecked as once believed.
Sooner or later you will go crazy again, and I just want people to know your insanity is temporary, like 18 hours a day but still not full time.

Kappo

Platinum Member
Aug 18, 2000
I pray to stop having these hangovers every single Saturday. Does that count?

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
The only real Christians I've known are quite liberal. You know those people who follow Jesus's teachings (the Gospel) and not the old testament. Those damn communists who are for "social justice".

I left the church when I "was allowed to" when I reached majority age because the people who claimed to be Christians were the biggest hippocrits of all.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Quoted so people can see your brain isnt as wrecked as once believed.
Sooner or later you will go crazy again, and I just want people to know your insanity is temporary, like 18 hours a day but still not full time.

Anybody who flatters himself for rejecting belief in God on the imbecilic supposition that He is a bearded weirdo in the sky has no business commenting on the functionality of anyone else's brain.

You are a child. Your understanding of God is at the level of a child. Your spiritual evolution got no further than that of a child. Like a child you assume that the understanding of others is, like yourself, at a child's level. Like a child, you use the mockery of others as children, to imply a grown up perspective, because like a child, you are arrogant in your assumptions. And as the arrogant imbecile that you are, you do this with great confidence, assuming you have outgrown childish ways.

And like a child, when unmasked, you cry and seek to regain your assumption of superiority.

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
Anybody who flatters himself for rejecting belief in God on the imbecilic supposition that He is a bearded weirdo in the sky has no business commenting on the functionality of anyone else's brain.

You are a child. Your understanding of God is at the level of a child. Your spiritual evolution got no further than that of a child. Like a child you assume that the understanding of others is, like yourself, at a child's level. Like a child, you use the mockery of others as children, to imply a grown up perspective, because like a child, you are arrogant in your assumptions. And as the arrogant imbecile that you are, you do this with great confidence, assuming you have outgrown childish ways.

And like a child, when unmasked, you cry and seek to regain your assumption of superiority.

Dude, do you even know what the hell you're saying?

MJinZ

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2009
Jesus was a flaming liberal who ended obeying the law as a ticket to heaven. It's not the letter but the spirit that counts and that is a profoundly liberal attitude. Conservatism is just another word for a programmed authoritarian mechanical. A Christian conservative is another word for hypocrite.

I agree with Moonbeam on something 100%!!!!!!

Conservatives have held back everything since the beginnings of mankind.

Imagine if conservatives held onto power, we'd still be clubbing women in the head and dragging them back into our caves. Wheels? What wheels?

MJinZ

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 2009
Dude, do you even know what the hell you're saying?

He means that you are an immature child with underdeveloped concepts of higher learning and you should probably go drink some more formula or pediasure.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
how about democrat: but don't agree wit the eco-KOOK and secular regressive take over of the democrat party.