For $1 million, would you...

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
Hmm, I meant to type elevator instead of escalator, but since I'm stuck with the typo...
Instead of breaking it, I'd MacGyver the escalators to all run downhill.

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
well one thing's for sure... ATOT is going to be a lot quieter after all you idiots fill some lion bellies.

swtethan

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2005
Originally posted by: MaxDepth
Hmm, I meant to type elevator instead of escalator, but since I'm stuck with the typo...
Instead of breaking it, I'd MacGyver the escalators to all run downhill.

that wouldnt be hard
1. open control panel
2. flip switch

swtethan

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2005
this would be one big deathmatch game of CS:L(ion)

animals are scared of fire, so why not go to sears and get some wd-40 or something flammable and make a flame thrower

jimbob200521

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2005
Originally posted by: Turin39789
Would I do this with the mythical only hungry for human lions at this mythical no door mall. When he changes the rules everytime someone comes up with a solution? No

When did I change the rules? :confused:

I stated that the lions are not hungry for anything but human which was/is a stretch. I didn't say that it wasn't possible to try and kill one of the lions and the hope that the other lions eat the dead lion as opposed to you, now did I? ;)

Edit: to clarify: all of the lions are spawned at the same time that you are. They are in random locations around the mall.

Rock Hydra

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004
I'd go to a hunting store....get like that urine or whatever, put it in a super soaker and spray them all with it. That would be interesting to see.

Turin39789

Lifer
Nov 21, 2000
Originally posted by: jimbob200521
Would I do this with the mythical only hungry for human lions at this mythical no door mall. When he changes the rules everytime someone comes up with a solution? No

I stated that the lions are not hungry for anything but human which was/is a stretch. I didn't say that it wasn't possible to try and kill one of the lions and the hope that the other lions eat the dead lion as opposed to you, now did I? ;)

Edit: to clarify: all of the lions are spawned at the same time that you are. They are in random locations around the mall.

Then yea, we're all going to go into the elevator and climb on top of it through the escape hatch. Free million $. And half of ATOT is still going to be there the next day for the doorless dressing rooms.

swtethan

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2005
Originally posted by: Rock Hydra
I'd go to a hunting store....get like that urine or whatever, put it in a super soaker and spray them all with it. That would be interesting to see.

i dont think a lion would like you spraying pepper spray into its eyes

swtethan

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2005
Originally posted by: jimbob200521

Then yea, we're all going to go into the elevator and climb on top of it through the escape hatch. Free million $. And half of ATOT is still going to be there the next day for the doorless dressing rooms.

doorless dressing rooms with no women in them..... seriously who the heck keeps the door open?

BD2003

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: swtethan
Originally posted by: Rock Hydra

i dont think a lion would like you spraying pepper spray into its eyes

I'm sure he wouldn't, but wtf is he gonna do about it if he can't see you?

40Hands

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2004
The first thing I would do (if a lion wasn't after me right away) would be to get to the closest perfume/smelly sh!t store and take as much as possible with me. Then it would be time to find some place high I could climb to.

I wonder if it would be possible to "sent barricade" yourself somewhere? (if the lions never see you in the first place)

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
The people who think they could ward off even 1 lion with a chainsaw are morons....much less if 2 or 3 showed up. If you could get up high somewhere you'd be ok, but you'd have to get there before the lionesses caught you.

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
isn't the question "would you" as oppsed to "how would you"?

To answer the former, who in their right mind would risk what is likely a 90% + chance of very painful death for $1 million. As someone already pointed out, when you control for risk of death, the $1 million is really only worth about $100.

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
i guess id have to try the old set off sprinkler system and electrify the flooded floor plan

krispy lion for the win.....

its either that pretend to be a mannequin for 8 hours...

RaistlinZ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2001
Originally posted by: DainBramaged
If I had a 60 second head start, I'd do it. :D

It doesn't matter how much of a "head start" you have because a lion could still spawn randomly right next to you, even if you're up a rafter, in an elevator shaft, etc.

That's what makes this a lose-lose situation. If there was a guarantee that the lions would all be spawned on the ground then it would be a different story.

jimbob200521

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2005
Originally posted by: RaistlinZ
Originally posted by: DainBramaged
If I had a 60 second head start, I'd do it. :D

It doesn't matter how much of a "head start" you have because a lion could still spawn randomly right next to you, even if you're up a rafter, in an elevator shaft, etc.

That's what makes this a lose-lose situation. If there was a guarantee that the lions would all be spawned on the ground then it would be a different story.

Nope, no head start. I've edited the OP to say that all of the lions are spawned at the same time you are, all of the lions being in random locations. So one lion could spawn right next to you, or they could all spawn in the air ducts. There's just no way to know.

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
In a heartbeat I would be all ovre this for the chance to helo my situation. Wgere does i=one sign uo. By the end of the night I would have all of them sleeping like ababy right next to after I gave then the pills I am on :)
Provided I get to bring them with my which I cannot see why I coulndt becaus I woud need to live on in the firstplace. Oh that and my chair so I can have a rolling chace of gettimg away from them :).

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
If the mall was made by EA, then chances are good that 3 of the lions would never be able to load, 4 would be randomly dropped once they spawn, and two would be immediately kicked by punkbuster... so assuming you paid $75 to download all the necessary updates, you'd only be up against one lion... for 5 minutes before EA released another patch.

Skunkwourk

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2004
with all the talk of spawning, then isn't it a possibility a lion could end up spawned with me in its belly?